Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RESULTS - HBHBHB Megarate NOW

tomsches

Featured Posts

OliverViennese
4 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Sadly, I have to say that the next song is my absolute favourite of the album and one of my favourite songs by Florence and the machine in general. It's the song I awarded 11 points.

I'm scared. Until now it went RATHER smooth imo. Not here for my fave to not be in the Top 5... :sweat:

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tomsches

#7 - LONG & LOST

Most points: 11, given by @tomsches

Fewest points: 7, given by @huttont @Tanner @GoldenPonyboy

Comments:

- "I liked it at first listen but daaamn - the "Queen of Peace/Long&Lost"-mv really elevated this song in my opinion. It became one of my faves and my favourite ballad on the album. Beautiful vocals, really emotional lyrics. Just wow!"

- "This song just grew on me. Shook!!!"

- "I like the chorus and how high she sings it. It gives it a diffrent feel than the rest of the album"

- " I love this song, how simple it seems and how slowly builds. It sounds like machination, nightlife, a walk in the woods right before the sun goes out, like making love before dawn, like spending the night in the bathtub. It's terrific and terrifying."

- "My absolute favourite! I love everything about it and when I first heard it I wanted to sound the whole album like this song. There are soooo many memories attached to that song and it makes me feel so nostalgic!

OliverViennese
1 minute ago, tomsches said:

#7 - LONG & LOST

Most points: 11, given by @tomsches

Fewest points: 7, given by @huttont @Tanner @GoldenPonyboy

Comments:

- "I liked it at first listen but daaamn - the "Queen of Peace/Long&Lost"-mv really elevated this song in my opinion. It became one of my faves and my favourite ballad on the album. Beautiful vocals, really emotional lyrics. Just wow!"

- "This song just grew on me. Shook!!!"

- "I like the chorus and how high she sings it. It gives it a diffrent feel than the rest of the album"

- " I love this song, how simple it seems and how slowly builds. It sounds like machination, nightlife, a walk in the woods right before the sun goes out, like making love before dawn, like spending the night in the bathtub. It's terrific and terrifying."

- "My absolute favourite! I love everything about it and when I first heard it I wanted to sound the whole album like this song. There are soooo many memories attached to that song and it makes me feel so nostalgic!

How is it this low with only positive comments?! :selena:

1 minute ago, tomsches said:

The next one's a shocker as well :excited2:

I'M NOT READY! :selena::selena:

tomsches
Just now, OliverViennese said:

How is it this low with only positive comments?! :selena:

I'M NOT READY! :selena::selena:

All of the other songs that are left have only received 8-10 points, so it's a tight race 

tomsches

#6 - VARIOUS STORMS & SAINTS

Most points: 10, given by @Theodore @tomsches @Dam Ien @milotomi19 

Fewest points: 5,5, given by @Bjaf

Comments: 

- "Great atmosphere. I love how Florence’s vocals transcend between delicate, ethereal, and powerful. The backing vocals and harmonies are magical as well. And the long note at the end of the song slays."

- "The lyrics are really good in this one. a standout."

- "One of the weak songs in the album, most likely because of it's placement. Acts like a stone bridge between two of the best tracks and that turns "Various Storms & Saints" in a not so anticipated song. It will always be either the aftermath of the Queen or the prelude of the Seductress. However, it still hides amazing lyric quality. A stone bridge yest, but one of marble, not granite."

- "Just like Long & Lost, this is perfect to me. I still prefer Long and Lost, because it's more chilled"

tomsches

#5 - DELILAH

Most points: 10, given by @lilmonster93 @BBhomemaker @Dam Ien @GoldenPonyboy

Fewest points: 6, given by @tomsches

Comments:

- "When the first songs from this album were teased, I remember that after the release of parts from "How Big How Blue How Beautiful" and the mv for "St. Jude" some people were very cautious when they started the "Delilah"-Audio. Some sighed at the beginning as they feared it were another ballad (which would have been fine either way, but..) but then it turned out to be this energetic song that had emotional-impact while also being very danceable - and if this is what you like from Florence, this was a great gift. I loved it and i still do. It also has my favourite video in the Odyssey. 

- "Everything just works; the vocals, the lyrics, and the production. I especially love the call and response she does with some of the lines"

- "When the beat kicks in, it's everything. epic chorus, great vocals, good lyrics. everything I expect from the band. the last chorus is amazing, love the way the song is produced"

- "This song brings back the witch in Florence. It's the summoning of a demon, someone to posses you, to turn your bedroom into a dancefloor, your dancefloor into a bedroom. It's both a happy and a sad song and a breaking point. The point right before an emotional breakdown, the crest of the weave. "Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, i keep dragging them around" is that breaking point, accepting this leads nowhere, and even though there's nothing wrong with being stuck for a while, there's sorrow in feeling lost."

- "One of my least favourites"

tomsches

Funny fact: the top4 are the first 4 songs of the album

OliverViennese
2 minutes ago, tomsches said:

#5 - DELILAH

Most points: 10, given by @lilmonster93 @BBhomemaker @Dam Ien @GoldenPonyboy

Fewest points: 6, given by @tomsches

Comments:

- "When the first songs from this album were teased, I remember that after the release of parts from "How Big How Blue How Beautiful" and the mv for "St. Jude" some people were very cautious when they started the "Delilah"-Audio. Some sighed at the beginning as they feared it were another ballad (which would have been fine either way, but..) but then it turned out to be this energetic song that had emotional-impact while also being very danceable - and if this is what you like from Florence, this was a great gift. I loved it and i still do. It also has my favourite video in the Odyssey. 

- "Everything just works; the vocals, the lyrics, and the production. I especially love the call and response she does with some of the lines"

- "When the beat kicks in, it's everything. epic chorus, great vocals, good lyrics. everything I expect from the band. the last chorus is amazing, love the way the song is produced"

- "This song brings back the witch in Florence. It's the summoning of a demon, someone to posses you, to turn your bedroom into a dancefloor, your dancefloor into a bedroom. It's both a happy and a sad song and a breaking point. The point right before an emotional breakdown, the crest of the weave. "Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, i keep dragging them around" is that breaking point, accepting this leads nowhere, and even though there's nothing wrong with being stuck for a while, there's sorrow in feeling lost."

- "One of my least favourites"

:golfclap: Well deserved spot in the Top 5!

Just now, tomsches said:

Funny fact: the top4 are the first 4 songs of the album

Oh my! The first 4 songs are phenomenal indeed. :firega:

tomsches

#4 - SHIP TO WRECK

Most points: 11, given by @OliverViennese

Fewest points: 7, given by @Theodore

Comments:

- "This song is like an almost perfect album opener. One of the popiest and catchiest tunes on HBHBHB but also a great introduction to the approach of a more acoustic sound that F+tM did on this record."

- "She built this song to slay."

- "probably the catchiest song on the album and the most radio friendly. A great opener to the album, high energy and good melody."

- " In a way, Ship To Wreck acts as foreshadowing for the whole album. It's soft, tender, like a dark lullaby in an old celtic village. Florence sings, resigned to the outcomes of her own will, leaving behind the question of wether it's completely her fault or not. "I can't help but pull the earth around me, to make my bed" is one of the best lyrics of the album."

11 minutes ago, tomsches said:

#6 - VARIOUS STORMS & SAINTS

Most points: 10, given by @Theodore @tomsches @Dam Ien @milotomi19 

Fewest points: 5,5, given by @Bjaf

Comments: 

- "Great atmosphere. I love how Florence’s vocals transcend between delicate, ethereal, and powerful. The backing vocals and harmonies are magical as well. And the long note at the end of the song slays."

- "The lyrics are really good in this one. a standout."

- "One of the weak songs in the album, most likely because of it's placement. Acts like a stone bridge between two of the best tracks and that turns "Various Storms & Saints" in a not so anticipated song. It will always be either the aftermath of the Queen or the prelude of the Seductress. However, it still hides amazing lyric quality. A stone bridge yest, but one of marble, not granite."

- "Just like Long & Lost, this is perfect to me. I still prefer Long and Lost, because it's more chilled"

Can't believe VS&S ended up higher than Long & Lost. Truly shameful. :madge:

Tomiel25

top 6 is the first 6 tracks in the album to Delilah switch with VS&S

i can't speak english but i can if you like

Archived