Featured Posts

squeala
On 15/07/2017 at 1:01 PM, JaneTheC said:

Only ugly people think BTD is her best 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JesseBabe

I haven't been able to get into Lana's newest stuff (except Lust for Life, and aside from West Coast, Freak, and HBTB). I just felt like it's the same songs being recreated from her first two albums but with different lyrics and slower beats. I've tried so hard to get into both albums, but every time I listen to them I'm left feeling unsatisfied. 

Call me basic, but BTD is one of my favorite albums, ever. I love pretty much ever song. Every time I listen to it her songs take me back to 2012 and I feel nostalgic. 

LanaticMonster

Born To Die has better songs than UV. But UV as a whole album is much better than BTD. All the songs in UV feel like they belong in one atmosphere, BTD feels as if she gathered all her greatest hits and put them into one album.

IMO Honeymoon is her best work to date, it's so artistic and more unique than UV.

I've spent my days in deep regret, but I wanna forgive and forget

actuallylewis
On 15/07/2017 at 11:45 PM, Lil Mxnster said:

Ultraviolence is her best album, that's a fact :nails:

True

Versace

Born To Die and Paradise are a masterpiece (set the bar for some alternative  artists)

Ultraviolence is hard to describe I can recognize it being a great album but it just does not appeal to me (it's sort of alternative alternative , that's how I describe it, less captivating melodies but dark story telling) 

Honeymoon, I can kinda see why some would call it a weak album but I enjoyed it, it's kinda of the B-sides of BTD, Paradise and Ultraviolence 

However, Lust For Life is my least fav album by her. The album will probs be considered a masterpiece but to me it's so boring :saladga:

itsjustlucarifc

(Not being blatantly shady, just choosing to disregard other people's perspectives as not to influence my own temporarily. :giggle:) My favorite Lana Del Rey album has to be "Ultraviolence," though oddly enough none of my favorite Lana Del Rey songs find home on said aforementioned record. "Cruel World" is indeed a special song to me, though I must admit I am moreso enamored with the likes of "The Blackest Day" (from Honeymoon), "American" leading into "Cola" (on Paradise), "Gods & Monsters" (Paradise), "Love" (Lust for Life), and that's just to name a few! "Ultraviolence" to me was both conceptual, pleasant to listen to, coming from a non-Rock-genre-of-music-lover, it really exposed me to the element and instilled a respect in me. It's all around a heartbreak record which has overtones of both abuse, loss, drugs, Americana (as per usual) and the self-dependent female trope which lends visual to the overall story so effortlessly.

EDIT: I take back my earlier statement, "Old Money" is by far one of Lana's best songs and I feel ashamed for forgetting it's placement. "Ultraviolence" as a whole is an experience similar (but not quite) to Bjork's "Vulnicura," as in you either are in the mood for it or not. The singles for the era were a little scattered with "West Coast" being one of the weakest songs from the album, but the few videos made (and the unreleased "Ultraviolence" video which was later converted into "Freak") really complimented the music beautifully. I still wish Lana had been given more free-reign in said era but she seems to have moved on, specifically with the likes of "Honeymoon" and now "Lust For Life."

It's because there's a huge gap between BTD and the rest.

BTD is just more pop, I don't want to say generic because it's a good album, but it's more easy to listen to, and it just doesn't feel mature compared to her other albums.

And anyway it doesn't feel right to compare it, UV and HM are Lana's real style of music in my opinion (and LFL and even Paradise). I absolutely love these albums, and never got tired of either of them, whereas on the other side I never listen to Born To Die anymore (except title track and Off To The Races). I mean how can any BTD track compete with songs like Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Old Money, Terrence Loves You, Freak, The Blackest Day...etc :giveup:

(But maybe all that's because I'm not really into pop music and I like more cinematic/alternative/retro stuff, I dunno :poot:)

But it feels logical to me that if to you BTD is her best the rest isn't gonna be your jam because it's so different.

youandi
On 15 July 2017 at 1:21 PM, PeachJug said:

Ultraviolence was amazing i dont know how some people dont see that

Honeymoon was great too (I LOVE IT, personally) but I can see how some people don't like the slow style of it

Pls don't think I'm being rude cause I'm being 100% serious 

I'm one of those who don't see the brilliance of Ultraviolence, but I feel like it's because there's something I don't get or that I'm missing something. I know it's really cohesive but I feel like it's to the point where most songs sound too similar. I love Shades Of Cool and West Coast, Black Beauty and Ultraviolence are decent too, but other than that im really not a massive fan, I need enlightening haha

Tommy Monster

Ultraviolence is just a suicidal mess in my honest opinion... I deleted the album cause listening to it always made me depressed :toofunny:

Honeymoon is really nice and I love most of it, but the truth is that nothing can compare to BTD, that's a masterpiece :giveup:

I don't know how about LFL yet, the album is great, but again, I don't think anything could be better than BTD and Paradise Edition :heart:

LordEnigma

An album as a whole I do love BTD BUT Ultraviolence has West Coast which is one of the best (if not the best) songs in her discography.

Edit: I do think Florida Kilos is one of the most different Lana's we have heard.

TheJackMonster

born to die>>>>>honeymoon>ultraviolence>paradise

can't rate l4l yet

JaneTheC
44 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

dbC4W5i.gif

Then how does it go Mr MaryJaneHolland? :oprah: 

Archived