XXXXX

An Oscar Is Born VS A Razzie Is Born  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think ASIB will succeed or flop. I hope it doesn't flop

• A Razzie Is Born
    • An Oscar Is Born

Featured Posts

Vergil

The question is, why isn't Gaga working with Quentin Talentino instead of Floppy Cooper?:lolly:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
merlot

i can see you it flopping so hard in the box officeĀ 

but i'm not sure about awards/critical acclaimĀ 

Ā 

ToxicHot

Man, I hope it's not critically panned... I guess it's pretty likely to be targeted negatively by the media/GP bc of the whole failed popstar-crossing-into-film trend and bc it's "LaDy GaGa". :ohno:Ā 

I have faith Gaga will deliver, though. I don't think she would do a film like this if she wasn't passionate about the story/soundtrack.Ā 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

RadioIsOurs

I don't think it'd be the acting that's panned, but rather the story, as well as the tone, since I can tell that they are going for a totally different direction. As for box office, chances are it'llĀ do just good enough to earn back it's total budget.Ā 

River

ok I'm going to do the best not to sound rude.

She's not a good actress imo, her facial expression are not good for example, it almost funny.

For example, there's a scene in Hotel where she sees something from a wall (where the couple that made her a vamp were) and she's supposed to look shocked but she's just stares and nothing is moving like, idk, it was a weird scene that shows her lack of acting abilities..

And her acting many times looks not real, like she's not in character..

So I guess it would be the same with the movie, I hope I'm going to be wrong, I really hope.

Razzie for the win unfortunately

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Gagaloo911
8 hours ago, Leonardo Fox said:

I honestly from the bottom of my heart, hope she upgraded her acting game because i consider her a terrible, terrible actress... She totallt ruin AHS for me, it was so cringey to watch her in Hotel, very awkward, like i could not even believe they didn't seem to care to cast her in such important role, imagine a real talented actress playing the countess? like i donĀ“t know, Natalie POrtman, Keira or EVA GREEN? OMFG that would been spectacular.Ā Since then i stop watching the show, i just totally lost the track

You've got to be the biggest Negative Nancy on this cult site, I mean damn :saladga:

Ā 

The only thing you know to do is trash and tear things apart and be overall judgmental af

XXXXX
1 hour ago, ToxicHot said:

I guess it's pretty likely to be targeted negatively by the media/GP bc of the whole failed popstar-crossing-into-film trend and bc it's "LaDy GaGa"

She's actually Stefani Germanotta nowĀ :giggle:

monketsharona

I voted a Razzie not because she's particularly bad but because we all know that pop stars doing movies is often sign of bad reception...

As an actress I'd say zero chance of an Oscar nomination but maybe for the soundtrack who knows...

I wouldn't be surprised if she gets none Oscar or Razzie

Bradley
11 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

Critical Reception

A Star Is BornĀ maintains a 31% "Rotten" rating onĀ Rotten TomatoesĀ based on 16 reviews.[6]Ā Roger Ebert gave the film two and 1/2 stars.[7]Ā Paul Mavis, reviewing Warner's 2006 disc release ofĀ A Star is BornĀ for DVD Talk, wrote, "There is something of value inĀ A Star is Born--oneĀ thing--and that's Kris Kristofferson's amazingly adept, heartfelt performance as the doomed rock star, self-destructing despite the love of an up-and-coming singer (Streisand). There's not a wrong note in his performance. Unfortunately, the remainder ofĀ A Star is BornĀ is an unmitigated disaster that has the megalomaniac fingerprints of Barbra Streisand and her hairdresser/producer boyfriend, Jon Peters, all over it."[8]

I know the latest remake wasn't well received, but the previous remakes before that were legendary. Judy Garland and James Mason were nominated for Oscars and won Golden Globes. Their version was also nominated for tons of Oscars in the technical and musical fields. The 1937 version was also nominated for Oscars going to Janet Gaynor and Fredric March and its director.

I only referred you to the film which received the worst reviews (1976 version) because I was trying to make the point that even the worst of the series had those accolades.

And I'm sure when Gaga said she was intimidated by the legacy of the films, she meant the series as a whole as opposed to only the 1976 version.

The next point I want to bring up is, these remakes are decades apart from each other. Trends and technology have changed drastically which gives us no reason to believe that one is going to imitate the achievements of the other(s) because the people working behind the movies areĀ different, and talents of different generations.Ā There are good movies which are badly remade, but there have been bad movies which were turned into good remakes with new technology and talents.

At this point, we know nothing, but since Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper are two of the biggest talents in the industry, also considering their work ethics, because I have quite extensive knowledge of the work they do, I am optimistic about the movie.

Warner Bros. auditioned Gaga before giving her the greenlight. They didn't just give the role to Gaga because she's popular.

drinkmytears
9 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Warner Bros. auditioned Gaga before giving her the greenlight. They didn't just give the role to Gaga because she's popular.

Plus she was cast in the film pre Joanne, and pre SHTS. The acclaim and success we have seen in the past couple of months with Drag Race, Coachella, etc all happening have made many forget that a year ago Gaga was still someone the general public weren't totally sold on. Casting her then was still a big risk.

Bradley
1 hour ago, monketsharona said:

I voted a Razzie not because she's particularly bad but because we all know that pop stars doing movies is often sign of bad reception...

As an actress I'd say zero chance of an Oscar nomination but maybe for the soundtrack who knows...

I wouldn't be surprised if she gets none Oscar or Razzie

Jennifer Hudson and Jared Leto are singers but they won acting Oscars though.

Bradley
3 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

Plus she was cast in the film pre Joanne, and pre SHTS. The acclaim and success we have seen in the past couple of months with Drag Race, Coachella, etc all happening have made many forget that a year ago Gaga was still someone the general public weren't totally sold on. Casting her then was still a big risk.

True. She must have done well at the audition. Also I'm not saying her acting in AHS: Hotel was perfect, but it was kinda decent and at some point, great? People also said her acting improved in Roanoke so I don't know why the pessimism of this fanbase. I think the GP is even more supportive and excited.

MarcusBones

This fan base is so increasingly negative it's no wonder Gaga doesn't have the same relationship with us anymore....

I'm excited for the film. I think people are too hard on her performance in Hotel. I also think it depends on the material whether or not someone can accurately portray a character. For example, I think Sarah Paulson is INCREDIBLE most of the time. However, she was HORRIBLE in AHS Roanoke as the actress character...

John Wayne

An Oscar tbh.

And also the nerve some of you have to say that her acting was bad in ahs. Her role was to be an immortal evil bitch with no sense of humanity and she DID THAT.

MaryJaneHolland

RazzieĀ :selena:

She's not a bad actress, or is she? Idk, I'm not capable of judging acting, since I can't make a difference between good and bad acting. I think she good enough.

But, the movie has theme and concept which have been done so many timesĀ and this is like what? 3rd remake? Who even cares for that many remakes/sequels?Ā :air:Ā Also, from what I understood, Bradley is paying the production, so we can't really expect some high-budget movie, right?

I also don't really know much about which movies are successful, but I feel like the only ones who get success are the ones who go viral. Like Wonder Woman, 13RW, that movie about Trolls and what notĀ :air:Ā Prove me wrong plsĀ :air:

Archived