💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Jay-Z accused of anti-semitism

Melech

Featured Posts

KingRedd
18 minutes ago, Simon said:

No, it's wrong to generalize the group, especially with the historical context of that statemen.9

People are too sensitive. I'm all for empathy but saying a group of people are wealthy and successful is not an insult. When a group of people are looked at as "ghetto, ratchet, loud, annoying, aggressive, unimtelligent, and lazy" I would rather be called successful. 

May I Read You? 😎

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter
21 hours ago, Simon said:

If this were about another minorities there would be a way more outrage. But I see GGD SJW's didn't even care to enter here :selena:

Can you explain to me what's outrageous about this since I can only understand it as him saying that Jewish people know how to use their money and spend it in a smart way :huh: How is this not praise?

chaeri pls

Melech
19 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

People are too sensitive. I'm all for empathy but saying a group of people are wealthy and successful is not an insult. When a group of people are looked at as "ghetto, ratchet, loud, annoying, aggressive, unimtelligent, and lazy" I would rather be called successful. 

You don't understand that this rhetoric is used to defend antisemitism. Stop acting Jews are on top of societySociety 

Melech
11 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

Can you explain to me what's outrageous about this since I can only understand it as him saying that Jewish people know how to use their money and spend it in a smart way :huh: How is this not praise?

Just read the comments 

littlepotter
22 hours ago, Simon said:

Hitler also said Jews own all the property. :emma: Jay z is reproducing anti Semitic and Nazi ideology here :air:

If this is your argument then I have nothing to say but :air:

chaeri pls

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, KingRedd said:

So he used Jews as a way of saying they own property and have a lot of money and do well? Is that an insult.? I'm not understanding. 

It's about making generalizations based on stereotypes. Like, saying that all Asians are good at math, all black guys have big diques, etc. are all compliments, but generalized stereotypes nonetheless. 

Whispering
8 hours ago, Simon said:

You don't understand that this rhetoric is used to defend antisemitism. Stop acting Jews are on top of societySociety 

They are doing very well in the US...which is where JayZ is referring to. 

At just two per cent of the population, Jewish Americans make up twenty-five per cent of the wealthiest 400 citizens in the US.

According to Pew Research, Jewish Americans have the highest percentage of households making more than 100,000. At 44 per cent, they are number one in that category. 

River
8 hours ago, littlepotter said:

It's a stereotype that has been used by Jewish haters and to bring people against Jews because they are richer than the "real" citizens of the country and stole their jobs and money..

It's like the same people who says "immigrants stealing our jobs" now would say the same about the Jews during and prior WWII..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

River

imo I would wait to see if he has anything to say about this and explain himself..

because it can be the same mistake that MJ did with the original version of They Don't Care About Us..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Infinity Wave

I actually don't see anything as wrong as everyone is saying in that line.

It is surely built around that stupid stereotype, but what I see in that line is actually a shotout to the moral integrity of the Jews. Like, he's saying, while we throw our money in strips, so we practically waist our money, Jews do not waste them, expecially in strips and things like so. 

Maybe I ideologically tend less to read so much into something just to find an offense towards someone. For me it's like today everything one says or does MUST offend someone else.

But maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Colourful

TRILL MONSTER

I don't think its bad he's just saying jewish people own everything because they are smart with their money.  ........i wouldn't really get mad if someone told me im good with my money

Melech
3 hours ago, Whispering said:

They are doing very well in the US...which is where JayZ is referring to. 

At just two per cent of the population, Jewish Americans make up twenty-five per cent of the wealthiest 400 citizens in the US.

According to Pew Research, Jewish Americans have the highest percentage of households making more than 100,000. At 44 per cent, they are number one in that category. 

The historical context is important. Jews were literally killed and expelled for statements like that. This justifies the hatred towards Jews according to anti-semites. 

Whispering
6 hours ago, Simon said:

The historical context is important. Jews were literally killed and expelled for statements like that. This justifies the hatred towards Jews according to anti-semites. 

Historical context is important and I understand your point. At the same time, the historical context is not the same in the US. 

Also, I was addressing your comment that stated that Jews are not "at the top of Society". That simply isn't true in the US. From CEOs to the Entertainment industry to the most respected scientists, Jewish Americans are well respected and have done very well overall in US society. 

Archived