music news

MTV TRL (October 2017)

SpaceJam

Featured Posts

SpaceJam
1 hour ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Okay, "MTV"...the 90s were fun and all but

tenor.gif

TRL started in the late 90's but became a staple in the 2000s.

Boybands would have been nothing without TRL. IT is going to help the music industry so much.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
skaxboy

On one hand I am excited to have music and music videos back on MTV. However I'm not too sure this format will work anymore. People really won't vote for a video if they can just watch it on YouTube. 

The beauty of TRL in the 90s was that you could basically watch all the popular videos after you got out of school. It made it an event for a pop star or band to come in and premier their video. Now most stuff just leaks or we can just watch it on our own time. 

That J

As someone who was watching when MTV went on air, Im all for anything that brings MUSIC back to MUSIC TELEVISION, (aka) MTV.  🤘🏻😉

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

retroglamx

I hope this works and them pop girls reign the **** out of it.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

SpaceJam
On 7/5/2017 at 10:37 AM, retroglamx said:

I hope this works and them pop girls reign the **** out of it.

:golfclap:

Runway

This would be amazing except no one watches music videos on TV anymore, when they can just see it on YouTube whenever they want

SpaceJam
2 hours ago, Runway said:

This would be amazing except no one watches music videos on TV anymore, when they can just see it on YouTube whenever they want

TRL wasn't just about videos tho, it was more about the guests coming in on live tv and doing something crazy.

SISTERV

Omg omg omg omg OMG OMG OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpaceJam
20 minutes ago, SISTERV said:

Omg omg omg omg OMG OMG OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMVUFd1.jpg

PunkTheFunk

TRL worked in a pre-YouTube, pre-social media, pre-smartphone world. It's 2017 hennies. Teenagers are not going to tune in to a live cable television show to watch some music videos

not-realistic-at-all-gif.gif?w=584

Thomas P

IM SO EXCITED IT WAS TAKEN AWAY RIGHT WHEN I STARTED WATCHING MTV!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
11 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

TRL worked in a pre-YouTube, pre-social media, pre-smartphone world. It's 2017 hennies. Teenagers are not going to tune in to a live cable television show to watch some music videos

not-realistic-at-all-gif.gif?w=584

I'm telling you right now, I'm 16 and my friends and I aren't definitely watching this :giveup:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived