💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga posts a selfie with Ed Sheeran; talks about online negativity

Coop

Featured Posts

merlot
3 minutes ago, jajagaga1896 said:

Wow... and this attitude is exactly what has turned this world in a ignorant mess. 

First of all, taking the higher road over someone who yes, may have insulted you, is the strong, honorable thing to do. The weak thing to do would be to lash back out, which so many are accustomed to. 

Promoting online kindness, and kindness in general, is more than admirable. It is absolutely necessary if we are ever going to turn this world around. Something all of us can do is emanate kindness, compassion, and understanding in the face of hatred and ignorance. If we all truly did that, it would create a ripple effect and hatred would be outweighed. What has ****ed up this world is the culture of fear we live in, which bred hate, which we all to some extent are victims of. 

It's funny how Gaga, one of the most awoken and peace-loving artists of our day, can have some of the most ignorant, immature fans - don't you think?

i'm not saying that she should lash out, but dedicate a post to someone who shaded you is in my opinion not the right way to handle things

and btw didn't she shade katy in 2014? :oprah:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick1495
7 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

What going on with everyone attacking that drag queen? 

What did she do? 

I'm just playing around. She was on season 9 of Drag Race and her fans basically attacked other queens from the same season and she never spoke about the issue of cyber bullying 

giskardsb

Many posts in this thread proving that Trump is the perfect president for the twitter generation. 

Ronk

I read Gaga's post again and can't find anything that isn't true, not one thing.  Remember that Gaga's philosophy has always been that every human has greatness within them and is deserving of love and respect.  She makes no exceptions, like it's OK to drag some person into oblivion through viscous twitter attacks.    Whether or not Ed did something wrong doesn't matter, her message still stands and is beautiful because it's universal.

She's not siding with Ed over her fan base.  She commented on the wrongness of hate on the internet.  And praising other artists is just her way, she doesn't put herself above others.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Jason Oh
1 hour ago, Talent said:

She's just being a nice person. Is that a crime? 

I mean, Ed never personally attacked her. She @ The Chainsmokers (and The New York Times after the Joanne review) on Twitter because they said her name. But in this case, monsters were just projecting their own insecurities about Gaga's career. What Ed said could apply to anyone. (The SuperBowl quote is fake btw)

omg "projecting their own insecurities about Gaga's career" :giveup::giveup::giveup:

So true!! Couldn't have said it better myself.

Talent always wins <3 Tell'em Talent! :golfclap::golfclap:

blackpink
2 hours ago, merlot said:

ikr!! don't get me wrong being nice and promoting kindness is absolutely admirable but this "i'm gonna fix the world and i'm the nicest person ever" act is really bothering me, she's rather weak than nice 

I think you're mistaking kindness for weakness. That's wrong. Gaga certainly isn't weak and as a fan knowing what she's been through in her life, you should know that. 

I don't think letting the world know about your sexual abuse and performing a song about it in front of strangers at the Oscars with other survivors is weak. 

She didn't say she could "fix the world" or say she was "the nicest person ever". She's just using her platform to spread positivity in a world full of hatred. 

I don't know how that is considered "weak".  

samuelx

Okay but like he's a misogynistic, arrogant, egotistical man. Like why are you defending someone like that idgi Gaga a

jajagaga1896
4 hours ago, merlot said:

i'm not saying that she should lash out, but dedicate a post to someone who shaded you is in my opinion not the right way to handle things

and btw didn't she shade katy in 2014? :oprah:

Yes, she shaded Katy, and a few others, in the past. She's not perfect, that's what makes her real and great. But way more than not she certainly takes the high road for the amount of negativity and hate she has received throughout her career.

Also, that Katy shade was in a different part of her career. I think spreading kindness is really integral to her now more than ever. You can tell she is at the point where she is making music for the love of music and realizes there are more important things out there, like kindness. I think this philosophy is something she literally working at now. Back then she was still very much in the pop-game and being effected by things.

But again, no one's perfect. 

jajagaga1896
1 hour ago, One Armed Man said:

Okay but like he's a misogynistic, arrogant, egotistical man. Like why are you defending someone like that idgi Gaga a

I think you and others are missing the deeper point of this. Gaga has a voice and she is not afraid to use it. Remember how she protested against Trump before and after he won office? 

But there is a time and a place. We need to learn to accept and respect each other - all of us. By her showing him kindness, she is changing the energy of the situation. She is allowing herself as well as him to come into a kinder, deeper, more empathetic and understanding place where things like misogony can be broken down, talked about, and made meaningless. 

By her giving it back to him, it just fuels his own negativity, and creates more negativity.

This is hard for all of us to understand at times because we want to lash out when we are hurt. It takes extra thought and energy to show kindness, actually.

RodeckDanny

I PREDICTED THEIR COLLAB

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

truthteller

it's not like Little Monsters is the only fan base dragging the s**t out of him... :toofunny:

leecy

"No reason to tear down an artist simply because they are on top."

No reason if it's simply because they are on top Ikr

Adele, Bruno and many others are on top, but they're not attacked

Lady Gaga was on top and that didn't make us attack her, instead that made us fans

one shxxty person is attacked not because he/she is successful or not

wake up Gags, don't act like you're the only conscious person to give us lessons

flopheart

I'm happy she spoke out about this, nobody can blame her. A lot of madonna fans or other haters supposed she is a hypocrite 'cause she used to spreading love and peace messages while her fans bullying other artists but now bye girls

Archived