💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Have you burned out?

Moebius

Featured Posts

Moebius

Don't let this make you think I don't stan Gaga anymore; I still love her just like the first day I started stanning her :kara: It's just that lately, I've seen myself not being as "excited" by Gaga songs as before. Granted that for quite a long time (3-4 years) my songs list consisted of 70%-80% Gaga and only lately (since February IIRC) have I started listening to other artists (Bey,  Ariana, and most importantly, Lana), it still bothers me that I'm not as euphoric about her music as I was before. It doesn't help that Joanne didn't to it for me, and the only song I genuinely enjoy there still is PI and maybe A YO to some degree. I still enjoy some tracks I've recently started listening to (BDR, The Fame, Reloaded, Disco Heaven come to mind), but her other work doesn't do it for me as much anymore :( ARTPOP is my favourite album ever, and I see myself skipping most songs. I don't bop to Donatella, Applause seems repetitive, the chorus of Venus doesn't make me scream "love" enough to wake my neighbours, it doesn't "affect" me anymore. Same for all her albums except those songs from The Fame (started listening to them October/November maybe that's why) :O 

I feel so guilty of this, it makes me uncomfortable. While I never thought I'd rather skip a Gaga song for a Lana song, it's happening now. It kinda makes me feel shitty and NOT that I don't value Lana or any other artist below Gaga that way (Lana especially, she's my second fave), it's just I never held someone's music as close as Gaga's :( Again, this is no way me saying Gaga's music is boring me, cause it NEVER will. She will remain my favourite artist, and no Beyonce, Katy (never liked her but liked Witness) or even Lana can and replace her :wub:

So I'm asking you guys, does anyone else feel this way? Have you "burned out"? And how do I "reignite"? :/ 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

If ur song lists consisted of 70-80% of Gaga songs for the past 4 years and they just got old now then I think ur fine :poot:

Moebius
1 minute ago, SinnersVenus said:

If ur song lists consisted of 70-80% of Gaga songs for the past 4 years and they just got old now then I think ur fine :poot:

shook

giphy.gif

:poot: 

LetsGetHigh

Obviously, you can't expect to listen to the same album over and over again without getting bored of it. Eventually, you will get bored of any song you repeat constantly, and you will find yourself wanting to listen to that song sometime in the future. It's normal.

kvnrp

I thought this was about personal life, which I am like this close :rip:

But in terms of Gaga?

No.
Her songs are in my heavy rotation.
Sure, as the most recent album gets older, songs get out of my playlist, but there are always at least a few Gaga songs in there.

Just Dance has survived since 2009 tho

Supersonic
1 minute ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Obviously, you can't expect to listen to the same album over and over again without getting bored of it. Eventually, you will get bored of any song you repeat constantly, and you will find yourself wanting to listen to that song sometime in the future. It's normal.

Except for Applause and Million Reasons, those are my only two exceptions. :chica:

But I got bored of lots of Gaga's catalogue from time to time. Can't bare to listen to The Fame, The Fame Monster and The Cure anymore.

Moebius
Just now, Supersonic said:

Except for Applause and Million Reasons, those are my only two exceptions. :chica:

But I got bored of lots of Gaga's catalogue from time to time. Can't bare to listen to The Fame, The Fame Monster and The Cure anymore.

Thank u for (also) focusing on the question :diane: 

3 minutes ago, Moebius said:

shook

giphy.gif

:poot: 

no but on a serious note I think it's good that ur expanding ur music tastes. If u listen to the same songs over and over it's not interesting, ya know? Through the knew people you've been getting into, like Lana, you'll just benefit yourself. There's nothing wrong with not listening to Gaga for a bit, in fact in my initial spark for Gaga love that only lasted about half a year. So, don't worry, and listen to other artists, it'll only benefit u ;)

Queen1551

It is a good thing to expand music taste. Don't feel too bad about it. 

BBhomemaker

Oh I thinked that you gonna talk about a real personal "burn out" by the title :madge: Maybe I would be some kind of help cause I know that

River

I think it's totally fine and natural to expend your music taste and not to stick with one artist or genre.. it's not to be burnt out, it's just.. you can't just listen to the same music over and over for years :laughga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Bizcochito

Nah. I loved all her new music. What really put me off, is the LACK of visuals:chica: Why is she so f***ing annoying? is that hard to take 2 o 3 days to shoot a F***ing video? Sometimes I want to unstan, but I can't. :neyde:

Pictures

Yes, this happenend to me last year before Joanne, i wasn't feeling her music anymore. And that's when i started listening to Sia (she saved me :giveup: ), Britney, Rihanna and Madonna for the first time. Listening to other music helps you re-like older music.

P.D. Lana is one of my faves too :stalkga: 

PerfectIllusion

No, because i love Joanne! even more than ARTPOP and BTW actually!

Sneaky Oliver

I think everyone gets through this. Just listen to someone else's music and in the future you're gonna rediscover a Gaga song like HOLY SH!T

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived