Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

So, Joanne won b!tches...

fede ARTPOP

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

There hasn't been much thought into her work as much as she did during those times and that is a factor in why Gaga's decline occurred. If you're going to make witty, satirical lyrics it should be executed to the point that the listener shouldn't question her work. Gaga's work isn't polished anymore and that's why there's a plethora of difficulties when it comes to the mixing and mastering of some of her songs. She doesn't encompass a passion in storytelling and songs like “Sinners Prayer" are only great in that aspect because of Father John Misty. There are no intellectual lyrics and if Gaga tries to incorporate that into her songs it delves into a river of pretentiousness which is unappealing to a large demographic. If Gaga lost what made her music so great in her career then it isn't anything special to me in my opinion. 

can you elaborate?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
19 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

There hasn't been much thought into her work as much as she did during those times and that is a factor in why Gaga's decline occurred. If you're going to make witty, satirical lyrics it should be executed to the point that the listener shouldn't question her work. Gaga's work isn't polished anymore and that's why there's a plethora of difficulties when it comes to the mixing and mastering of some of her songs. She doesn't encompass a passion in storytelling and songs like “Sinners Prayer" are only great in that aspect because of Father John Misty. There are no intellectual lyrics and if Gaga tries to incorporate that into her songs it delves into a river of pretentiousness which is unappealing to a large demographic. If Gaga lost what made her music so great in her career then it isn't anything special to me in my opinion. 

I'm sorry, but if you think that an album like Joanne has the same lyrical depth and storytelling as an album like The Fame, then I don't know what to say. The Fame is good sonically, but lyrically, it is so below the level of Joanne. 

She also encompasses damn near a lot of passion in these songs. Joanne, Million Reasons, Diamond Heart, etc. those are all songs with incredibly personal meanings, and all with fantastic lyrical components.

If anything she's put more thought into her work. She could have released an album full of dance and electronic pop songs with lyrics like "Just Dance, gonna be okay, da da do do, Just Dance", but she chose, consciously, to make such a personal and so left-field album. 

Also, let's be real. Lyrics are not things that "make or break songs", it's all about the melody and the beat and stuff like that. People have always said, "Oh my gosh, I never knew what that song was really about", and that's because no one's going to take the time to analyze the lyrics. If it's a bop, it's a bop. 

🃏🖤👹

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Skai Jackson said:

There hasn't been much thought into her work as much as she did during those times and that is a factor in why Gaga's decline occurred. If you're going to make witty, satirical lyrics it should be executed to the point that the listener shouldn't question her work.

Following your comments in this thread is confusing. in the one I quoted, you said she has been generic since TFM but in another, you said you're only talking about Joanne. Which is it really? Because all her albums up until ARTPOP is replete with pop culture references that would usually fly over people's heads if they do not take the time to carefully study her lyrics. I would understand a bit with ARTPOP maybe: Donatella case in point is either so well-done as tongue-in-cheek or very poorly written as a satirical track that people often miss the point. But even then other songs in ARTPOP are amazingly done and still with good metaphors and references.

5 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

She doesn't encompass a passion in storytelling and songs like “Sinners Prayer" are only great in that aspect because of Father John Misty.

A-Yo, Grigio Girls and Just Another Day have excellent lyrics, with slick metaphors and/or passion just like Sinner's Prayer and FJM aren't credited in those tracks. This assessment is rather unfair to Gaga.

8 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

There are no intellectual lyrics and if Gaga tries to incorporate that into her songs it delves into a river of pretentiousness which is unappealing to a large demographic.

This claim is something that is subjective depending on what a person considers pretentious or not.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

KyliesChild
3 minutes ago, fede ARTPOP said:

She just need her ultimate team, RedOne, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow. 

tenor.gif

All Gaga needs is a rest to work on her skills again. She needs to practice the piano and guitar more, train her voice and take care of her body and mind, and learn from the people around her. She doesn't need anyone to achieve greatness and if her work is just okay to us why isn't it fair for me to want her to improve? Her best lyrics rhyme “away" with “stay", and all of the hype surrounding her should live up to the music itself and that's all I'm saying. 

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Skai Jackson said:

Her best lyrics rhyme “away" with “stay"

yeah but if it's also the most precise and concise way to deliver a point, did you want her using words like "bray", "clay", "allay" or "puree"? :rip:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

arrtpop

Why is everyone fighting over this omg they're all so different that its almost impossible to compare them :saladga:

aphrodite

Just now, DeanWinchester said:

yeah but if it's also the most precise and concise way to deliver a point, did you want her using words like "bray", "clay", "allay" or "puree"? :rip:

I think puree in particular would have boasted the intellect that is otherwise lacking in her songwriting

KyliesChild
Just now, DeanWinchester said:

There are a plethora of writing techniques than rhyming and that's what Gaga is most reliant on. If she got an award for songwriting she needs to live up to it and to me she needs to prioritize that because there are people who are paid less and yet release better music than she does. Gaga has an immense potential and I want her to achieve that someday. 

fede ARTPOP
6 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

She needs to practice the piano and guitar more, train her voice and take care of her body and mind, and learn from the people around her

WHAT.:saladga:

Shes on her best time ever, been on AHS, did the Superbowl, and now shooting her first major role for a big production, meanwhile Lorde will be in New Zeland lying in her sofa in like...6 months.

nPGwZED.gif

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

KyliesChild
1 minute ago, fede ARTPOP said:

WHAT.:saladga:

Shes on her best time ever, been on AHS, did the Superbowl, and now shooting her first major role for a big production, meanwhile Lorde will be in New Zeland lying in her sofa in like...6 months.

nPGwZED.gif

And what does this have to do with the quality of her music? I'm not saying Gaga is untalented I'm saying that in terms of her music she has a lot to improve on to reach her highest potential sonically and not in terms of her career. 

fede ARTPOP
19 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

delves into a river of pretentiousness

Thats Lorde with her album names..."Pure Heroin", "Melodrama"

tenor.gif

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

DeanWinchester
2 minutes ago, Tobcho said:

I think puree in particular would have boasted the intellect that is otherwise lacking in her songwriting

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one, I love puree

:oprah:

3 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

she got an award for songwriting she needs to live up to it

she released one album since winning the award and you're already crucifying her, and Joanne isn't even that dumb as you insinuate it is :awkney:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

fede ARTPOP
2 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

And what does this have to do with the quality of her music? I'm not saying Gaga is untalented I'm saying that in terms of her music she has a lot to improve on to reach her highest potential sonically and not in terms of her career. 

Im talking about artist integrity...

Spoiler

Gaga>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

Spoiler

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Spoiler

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

Spoiler

...Lorde

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Ariana Grindr
1 hour ago, funkyhaus said:

Melodrama is the better album though :gaycat:

Eh. :lolly: nothing else you could say? 

KyliesChild
Just now, fede ARTPOP said:

Thats Lorde with her album names..."Pure Heroin", "Melodrama"

tenor.gif

That's not even a good comparison considering the fact that Gaga released albums called “ARTPOP" and “The Fame Monster". Don't even give me an explanation of what it means because I do have an understanding of it but you're judging something without knowing exactly why the album is named in that way and it lives up to what all of the songs are articulating unlike an album title with the word “ART" in it when it isn't anything special...or good as a matter of fact. 

Archived