There are @'s and PM's for a reason. :oprah:

Well hello :)

How can I help you?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there goes any interest I had in melodrama

tumblr_nn6qb6NBW71upexulo8_500.gif

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Just now, Gretchen said:

Well there goes any interest I had in melodrama

tumblr_nn6qb6NBW71upexulo8_500.gif

I expected Glory numbers. Lorde waited too long and will probably have trouble getting another hit. 

Just now, OLH said:

I expected Glory numbers. Lorde waited too long and will probably have trouble getting another hit. 

Oh I just meant this tragic thread :sharon: time will tell if she can score them hits! 

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Funny how Katy supposedly ended Gaga in the whole Applause/Roar and ARTPOP/Prism debacle, but can't outdo her now. The media told me Gaga was the Cyndi Lauper to Katy's Madonna. David Bowie also said Lorde was better than Gaga and her tribute got more praise, but where did all of her fans go? Pure Heroine outsold ARTPOP, so she should've been able to outsell Joanne. Especially when her music is super commercial. Lemonade, Joanne and Anti all had more risky songs and less commercial songs than Melodrama. 

1 minute ago, Gretchen said:

Oh I just meant this tragic thread :sharon: time will tell if she can score them hits! 

Lorde fans are something else. They say Gaga is pretentious, but have they listened to Lorde's music? :sharon: 

Miley fans, Katy fans, Lorde fans and Madge fans were all coming for us in 2013-2015. Let's not act like we shouldn't celebrate Gaga's success and downplay it just like they do. You guys don't deserve Gaga. Maybe when Lorde gives you the same album for the next two albums you'll move on and let go of critical opinion. 

Yanko
15 hours ago, Impostor said:

Acting like a country lady in Trump's white America was really smart

A BUSINESS WOMAN whew 

33 minutes ago, OLH said:

Ed Sheeran's album has a pretty low score, and is for sure getting an AOTY nom. Kendrick is more acclaimed than Lorde, so let's not act like she has AOTY in the bag people. 

xoxo Craig
37 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

It's obviously a reference to the hypocrisy of some of you all because if I stated that Gaga's work is better it's not stating my opinion as a fact but when I say that Lorde's album is better it is. All you're doing is stating that it's better with no logic into your posts even though you practically don't have any just like how you thought straights “needed a voice" on this forum and don't see how Nicki Minaj is supporting transphobia for example. :lolly:

And by the way don't forget that you said that Gaga was fine the way she is when a rumor began that she was feeling insecure, but then you willingly call another woman's body disgusting. Keep that in mind when you're going to call someone out for hypocrisy. @Craig Barnes

When was this? 

The sales figures tell you that people are more interested in Joanne than Melodrama and Witness. Joanne is better imo. Thats all I'm getting that from. Music critics dont support Gaga and the fact that Witness got really bad reviews suggest that its a woeful attempt at a comeback album. Lorde is praised highly from Music critics, but its only her 2nd album. It doesnt mean that the album is better. I preffer Witness to Melodrama, and Joanne to all of them.

Nicki Minaj has a strong LGBT fan base, why would she be supporting transphobic ideology?:oprah: 

Straights dont need a voice, everyone should be supportive of eachother on this site. We are welcome to everone, no matter sexuality. 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
2 hours ago, Fernster7 said:

Melodrama is such an overrated album, it's good and all but no way it deserves that MC score.:what:

Yes yes yes

End Racism Now

TheBatman

It depends on what the competition is. Basically Witness and Joanne sell the same give or take a few records. The worst aspect of the Joanne era to me is that is solidified her status as uncool. Helped her appeal with the older GP and adult contemp crowd, but she will never be cool again, and that makes me sad. As far as visuals, prefer Witness so far, two awesome and well thought out videos that really add to the songs. Prefer CTTR and BA to PI and MR as songs too. Witness era has been messy, but fascinating, something Joanne era just wasn't. 

Melodrama is still too new to me to have an opinion in relation to the other girls, but I think it's a brilliant album, more interesting and polished than Joanne or Witness imo, better lyrics and production.

Archived