💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

HDD: #18 Katy -92% sales -89% SPS; #1 Lorde 73k/95k

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

South Blonde
Just now, WideAwake said:

Katy's slaying with Feels and is doing just fine!

By the way...

US iKoons

28 Feels already bleeding, two reds in a row

32 The Cure light green

Your standards this era are even worse than ours :reductive:

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born To Slay
1 hour ago, WideAwake said:

You guys have been bitter and jealous of Katy since 2011. LMAO, she really has you SHOOK.

No shade, but you should rather be worrying about your fave and her latest single which is underperforming.

Feels is doing far better than The Cure on iTunes, radio and Spotify and will most likely become a second top 10 for Katy this year.

She's also getting more cash than Gaga, especially with her amazing American Idol judge position which will be another promo platform for Katy. Katy will be shining as the brightest star racking up new hits whereas Gaga might embarrass herself with ASIB. Let's be honest she's a bad actress.

Feels literally just came out. I don't know if we can assume it'll be a big hit yet. 

And after the flops from the Witness era, I don't think we can assume she'll get news hits from the album

metalguru
1 hour ago, IAmDavid said:

The fact that she worked with a mainstream producer doesn't make the album itself mainstream. The fact that she took a mainstream producer and made this amazing album,shows how talented she is

May I learn what is really experimental with Melodrama? Writer in the Dark is a great song but it is more of a Kate Bush song than her own. The rest of the album has a nice, modern sound but it is not anything too experimental. For me, ARTPOP is way more edgier than Melodrama. 

BTW, I love Melodrama but i think the album is shining not because it is "experimental", it is just solid, fresh and modern with really good lyrics. But i don't see any real deepness that i can celebrate as a birth of an experimental artist.

Born To Slay
13 minutes ago, OLH said:

True, I think the positive press she got during 2015-2016 and the dive bar tour helped her more than PI. 

I agree, PI could've been a hit with the right promo. If it got as much promo as CTTR did, it would've definitely been a moderate hit. 

But as things are, Gaga could've honestly just surprised released and the sales would've been the same, they might've been even better.

Merryem
2 hours ago, WideAwake said:

You guys have been bitter and jealous of Katy since 2011. LMAO, she really has you SHOOK.

No shade, but you should rather be worrying about your fave and her latest single which is underperforming.

Feels is doing far better than The Cure on iTunes, radio and Spotify and will most likely become a second top 10 for Katy this year.

She's also getting more cash than Gaga, especially with her amazing American Idol judge position which will be another promo platform for Katy. Katy will be shining as the brightest star racking up new hits whereas Gaga might embarrass herself with ASIB. Let's be honest she's a bad actress.

The amount of butt hurt in this post, Gaga really has you shook :selena: 

Considering the lashings the Monsters got from the Kats during ARTPOP, this is truly yall just desserts. This level of flopping by Katy is UNPRECEDENTED, this isn't even her ARTPOP, this isn't even her ****ing Lotus, this is her Spirit Indestructible. Her latest two singles failed to make a single dent in the Hot 100 and left as soon as it came, she's dropping singles faster than Gaga dropped Mark Ronson after Joanne, and she just suffered the LARGEST 2nd week drop by a female pop act EVER, with the help of a tour bundle that released new dates no less. She's being outsold by ****ing Halsey and SZA on iTunes, and this is with th e HUGE promo campaign backing Witness, along with a 3 day worldwide livestream. Stay pressed that talent is winning and Katy is not!

Naor Daniel

This is really sad. But who's buying albums nowadays in the pop genre aside from the fans?

She is not for the overall audience like Taylor and Adele. And so is Gaga, except she managed to gather more old people around her hence more sales.

Generally Katy's era is a mess.

gabeoz
9 hours ago, WideAwake said:

Bitter and jealous of Katy since 2011? Girl, Gaga's influence on the music world since 2011 will make more of an impact than Katy every will. As for The Cure, it was never meant to be a serious single but still has done pretty well considering its intent and is doing far better than Feels. The Feels is less than a week old and is already at #28 on iTunes, The Cure is months old and is at #33 not to mention it stayed at #1 on iTunes WW for days, and on top of that almost reentered the iTunes Top 10 last week. So don't even start with that, because TC has already beat Feels. 

As for Katy Perry becoming "the brightest star racking up new hits" :ladyhaha:, I would like to ask where? Because it isn't in this universe. Witness is a total mess, with it hitting below projections despite tour bundles included, and with second week sales to be on course to be just a couple dozen thousand at this point, with 1 semi-successful single and 2 absolute bombs. The Joanne World Tour sales have done great, sadly for you, KP can't claim the same with the Witness Tour. :trollga: So please tell me who's bringing in the money? Because KP isn't selling anything to make much in the first place. :bye:

C1trus
On 6/21/2017 at 11:17 AM, WideAwake said:

But Feels is a joint force (so many features) while The Cure is only Gaga .  

Btw, The Cure already reached the top of Itunes (with only one promotion w/c is coachella) , when will CTTR, Swish Swish, Bon Appetit and Feels (with many promotions)? You're more delusional than the obsessed lil monsters out there:madge:

Spoiler

By the way, which is better?

a. Bon Flopettit

b. Weakness

c. Witflop

d. Flopness

e. Flop to the Rhythm

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Muscletank

Wow who would have thought ramming her negative and divisive political opinions on a weekly basis would have had an adverse affect on her career? There is a reason you never heard Taylor Swift say jack **** about the election or Hillary/Trump. Pissing off half of the population is never a good business prospect. Doesn't help that the singles have been abysmal, her new look is horrendous and she comes across as woefully insincere and juvenile. Sadsies

Taylor Swift must be laughing her ass off :reductive:

Muscletank
22 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Witness doesn't deserve it though. It's actually a solid album.

It really isn't. it's by far her most forgettable and blandest production to date. I listened to the whole thing and I understood why Chain was the lead single as there isn't another on it. For someone who makes Radio candy, to have an album full of tuneless filler is just bizarre. There is no Firework or Teenage Dream here.

Even Madonnas Rebel heart did better than Witness LOL

Archived