Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lorde - Melodrama (Album Discussion)

monsterdino

Featured Posts

retroglamx

It's such a beautiful and cohesive album, it's such a polished production and the lyrics are solid throughout the record. Her voice is always on point and production only helps showcase her amazing vocals. This is truly my fav record from 2017. That is until Lust for Life comes to snatch lives in July.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
peto flex
50 minutes ago, monsterdino said:

Sis u okay? :ohno: 

I just don't like it ;)

💎💎

Morphine Prince
2 hours ago, Peto said:

One of the worst albums of 2017 

Please seek help. You may not be ok :ohno: 

Morphine Prince

Truly a work of ART like the album cover shows. A beautiful painting. 

Tom Nook

Melodrama an analysis:  

Its been 4 years since lorde has released an album. During that time she became a composer on a soundtrack album, was featured in an album, did a few a live performances but ultimately she just lived her since she was like 16 at her debut. Now for some casual listeners and non fans they may consider this album as the same as Pure Heroine, but in reality they are totally different. Pure Heroine has more of a natural, minimalistic, simple production. The songs on the album are almost acapella with the instruments more of an accessory. Strong examples are Tennis Court, Royals, 400 Lux, Still Sane, Ribs. In fact style wise it has more of a Pop sound than Melodrama. Melodrama is based on her evolving into an adult woman at age 20. It is an narrative of what happen in those years since her debut, especially in the lyrics tell of a story not as whisimcal compared to the last album. Production wise there is a heavier sound with more layering and for some a dance composition.  Like Greenlight, Sober, The Lourve, Perfect Places. She lets the instrumental compliments the song. It's little experimental for Pop since it doesn't follow any guidelines. Overall it felts very cohesive and falls on the alternative indie side compared to Pure Heroine. 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Tom Nook

Now can this girl release a new album in a 1-2 year cycle:grr: with 3 years at the most  

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

peto flex
57 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Please seek help. You may not be ok :ohno: 

F*ck off

💎💎

monsterdino
4 minutes ago, Peto said:

F*ck off

hgbjn kmhjnjn we're just joking sis

Morphine Prince
9 minutes ago, Peto said:

F*ck off

God damn it's just a joke :air: 

Decodekid

I really hope it grows on me cause it was not special at all :selena:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Morphine Prince

I cannot stop listening to this album. 

Every single song is amazing. 

Swan Heart

Nnn I just saw that even NME gave it 5/5 :giveup:

They say it's the last song. They don't know us, you see. It's only the last song if we let it be.

Archived