💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you content with Hey Girl?

HOTNebraskaGuy

Featured Posts

Queen1551

I love it. I think it completes what Gaga wanted for a female empowerment song. 

I think people just dislike it because it wasn't a major dancefloor bop. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

It definitely grew on me. I do wish the production was a bit more upbeat and made for radio. The production is absolutely breathtakingly amazing and Mark killed the **** out of the beat though. I can honestly see this either being a single, OR them performing together at the Grammys. Artists tend to perform songs from their nominated album (and lets be real it's going to be nominated for at least Best Pop Vocal Album) even if it isn't a single. 

On one hand both have them are more reserved than their the normal amazing singing voices they have. BUT what I like is that it isn't some competition with them screaming over each other. Both of them have large registers but the song melody wise is something I didn't expect. Their harmonies are very nice and make for a nice listen for sure. 

Sorcerer

Best song on Joanne :whitney:

Even your favorite hunty Dylan knows it

What an underrated song. Florence and Gaga literally sing for their lives in this song and some of you are not contented with it? :grr: What did you expect in a 70s-inspired album? Gaga pulled off an Elton-inspired song that many won't even attempt.

River

All i remember from it, from my one and only listen, is hey girl hey girl hey girl like she's talking to her horse.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

stupidrain71
1 hour ago, Entropy said:

at first i wasn't, i was expecting some power ballad. but it grew on me so fast and hard, it became my favorite song off joanne. it's so pure, so on point. i just wish we could see them do it together once

u're wishing for the impossible.. gaga x bey can't even... :giveup:

huttont

I wanted an angry song like What Kind of Man or Kiss With a Fist. Or an ethereal song

I kinda wanted to see gaga sing a Florence-esque song

Fernster7

Ew no. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Gagaplayer315

The amount of hate this masterpiece gets is disgusting. I love it, specially the instrumental and the holy bridge. It got stuck in my head for days the first time I listened to it

MqnUox.gif

Talent

It's an AMAZING song. Pitchfork (www.twitter.com/pitchfork) said it was the best on the album for some reason. This is just so beautiful: 

Help me hold my hair back
Walk me home 'cause I can't find a cab
And we dance down The Bowery
Held hands like we were 17 again
And then it's 4am
The sun is creepin' up again
Don't you leave me
Oh, darling don't you leave me

But yeah, LMs don't have good taste. "iTs Not a RedOnE bOpp". What else is new?

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Talent
7 minutes ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

The amount of hate this masterpiece gets is disgusting. I love it, specially the instrumental and the holy bridge. It got stuck in my head for days the first time I listened to it

MqnUox.gif

The bridge. Ugh :giveup:

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Reality

I do love the song, and I think that both of their voices, and the whole message of girl power and unity is really amazing. However, I'll be honest, at first, I was extremely disappointed. Florence and Gaga are two of my favorite artists, and when I first heard the snippet (yes, I listened to the snippets :giggle:), I was sort of disappointed. It was nothing like I was expecting and I thought that it could have been so much better.

Now, today, I don't really feel that way. I love and appreciate the song for what it is, however, it did take some time for that to happen.

🃏🖤👹

Gagaplayer315
5 minutes ago, Talent said:

The bridge. Ugh :giveup:

It's so good :giveup:

Monster34

No, I am not content because the bridge of Hey Girl is the best part of Joanne for me but it's not even the most dominant part in the song itself. :giveup:

I mean this part ^

Archived