zakariah
Just now, Talent said:

Over Bad Romance? :what:

i forgot BR won that yr

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Honestly, the only one I think she deserved was California Gurls for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals, but if Gaga hadn't been her competition for Best Pop Vocal Album and Album of the Year, I think she would have deserved to win with Teenage Dream. But as it is, she was up against Gaga, so no.

But I don't mean she didn't deserve any awards in a nasty way...the academy just haven't nominated her for the right work and they don't seem to have an award for Best Pop Song. If they had, she would have deserved more. I think Waking Up In Vegas, E.T., Last Friday Night and The One That Got Away are some of her best ever works and yet they've never even got a nomination. It seems to be that the only way you can get an award for a pop song in the pop category is under the 'vocal performance' category which is wrong because vocal performance is completely different to how good a song is. Katy definitely doesn't deserve any awards for vocal performance (I'm shocked she's ever been nominated for any at all) so there's no way she can win an award for any of her singles, basically. Especially because I don't think she's good enough for the main categories. Purely in the pop arena, there's nothing for her to win because the awards are too restricted in nature. I've noticed that Wide Awake is the only ballad that has ever been nominated for anything. Despite her seeming to think that ballads will get her a Grammy, the academy really isn't feeling them. The One That Got Away and Unconditionally were sheer Grammy bait and yet, they didn't respond. The fact that The One That Got Away has never been nominated for anything is a crime. There are country songs out there with the exact same topic which are much blander and they have no problem getting nominated and winning.

13 hours ago, vivre sa vie said:

Flop of the Year :reductive:

For this comment in this damn super serious  thread :madge: I've been  reported as flamebait by a Katy Perry fan! Some ppl really need to get over themselves! It's totally absurd and childish taking TOOOOOOOO SERIOUSLY things like that! We are here in order to have fun with -supposed to be-COOL guys who like pop culture and don't take life too seriously! If it's that childish and super serious my a$$ I really don't belong here guys!

jaXXXon

Best Dance Recording - Walking On Air 

Best Pop Vocal Album - Teenage Dream 

Fernster7

Dark Horse deserved everything in this world. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Archived