juju

[#05] Poison
[Score] 8.78

zCWeDaA.jpg

[Highs] @MarriedToMusic 11
[Lows] @IndieKylie 6.5

[Commentary]

@KING ELIZABITCH (9.5)
The lead single is a Red One club banger. I think it's very underrated as a single cause it has all the factors for a hit single. It's a bit too loud at some points but a catchy strong lead overall. The intro is on fire!

@juju (8.5)
I was certain that this song would slay the rates and claim victory. :air: Truly the biggest surprise of the entire ordeal; sort of glad that it didn't win, but that doesn't make it any less than a banger!

@IndieKylie (6.5)
A second listen did me well, as this raised from a (4) to a (6.5). Gasp! I know this is a fan favorite, but while the production is spot-on, I really don't care for Scherzinger's vocals here. She has an amazing voice and some of the techniques she uses here are beneath her. Furthermore, I think seeing the music video and live performances of the song lowered the impact of the song for me. Nicole is a great performer, but in the video there's way too much smiling and interaction with the camera. It's a little too old school and just makes me think the song is a bit cheesy every time I hear it...

❤ x ❤

juju

Truly thought this one would win it all :rip: 

Still shookt tbh :air: 

❤ x ❤

Gia Gunn

Oh-wow.gif

I really like Poison, it's truly a banger, but I didn't want it to win as well, because hit lead singles winning is kinda boring :green:

juju

[#04] Desperate 
[Score] 9.00

S4MYFLH.jpg

[Highs] @KING ELIZABITCH 11
[Lows] @KingOfTheClouds 7

[Commentary]

@KING ELIZABITCH (11)
My favourite album track hands down. Raw emotional but soooo catchy. I think this is the type of songs that suit her the best. Without a second thought this gets my highest score.

@IndieKylie (10)
Let me preface this by saying that I really love the songs where Scherzinger contributed to the songwriting. This song is a great pop-ballad and the production is reminiscent of some of the amazing songs we hears on Jennifer Lopez's LOVE?. This is another example of Scherzinger's vocal talent allowing her to sing through her emotions. The chorus here is great, but the bridge is the true opus of this song. 

@juju (8.5)
I really do love her power ballads on this record, they're a genre that she truly excels in given her decent range and ability to emote. This song was a grower for me, one I didn't care for in 2011, but truly love to this day. Surprised it made the Top 5, though! Honestly, truly!

❤ x ❤

juju

Surprised at both Poison's placement, as well as Desperate's. :diane: 

Thought Poison would be higher and Desperate lower :diane::diane: 

Glad that the opposites were true :diane::diane::diane: 

❤ x ❤

juju
Just now, KING ELIZABITCH said:

Top 4. Follow that you bitches.

giphy.gif 

Truly surprised at that too! :diane::diane::diane::diane: 

But when the lowest score for a song is a 7, typically they are gonna place really high. Yas slay Poison, Miss Desperate :tony: 

❤ x ❤

Gia Gunn
Just now, KING ELIZABITCH said:

Top 4. Follow that you bitches.

giphy.gif 

Stop teasing me :madge:

Gia Gunn
3 minutes ago, juju said:

[#04] Desperate 
[Score] 9.00

S4MYFLH.jpg

[Highs] @KING ELIZABITCH 11
[Lows] @KingOfTheClouds 7

I'm desperate for some kind of justice :madge:

Edit: justice for Trust Me I Lie, I'm continuing my previous meltdown, not starting a new one :lolly:

Hades
Just now, Gia Gunn said:

Stop teasing me :madge:

I'm sorry about your 11. You deserve to win next time.  

tumblr_inline_o1unokT6Bq1stnhur_500.gif 

Archived