💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

MTV sabotaged Gaga's original Applause concept / performance

dit

Featured Posts

dit
6 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

seems too theatrical for the VMAs, I can understand why MTV wasn't buying it also she hasn't performed again because in 2014 AP was done, 2015 nothing to promote, 2016 PI was released after, I'm pretty sure that if she has a new single she will perform again 

PI was released exactly one week after the MTV vmas and ppl were melting down. No one understood why she did not debut her lead single at the only really big ceremony at that time if the release was so soon. Gaga deliberately decided to avoid it. It's obvious tbh.

I think she will perform there one day but for now I think the scar is still fresh for her. Gaga does not like being told no and does not like to alter her vision...whether that is a good or bad thing no one really knows as it has served her well and hampered her in the past but it was and still is clear that things are a little sour with them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ooolong

At least one person posts this per year and the fans will forever remain just as bitter as when they initially found out; myself included. Go to hell, MTV. :giveup: 

The Unbannable Chanteuse

venusxillusion

:( f**k MTV, Gaga single handedly revived music videos and this is what they do to her.  No wonder why she was so depressed during ARTPOP.  Everyone she thought had her back just...didn't

However, having said that, it would've been awesome if she performed this at the artRave album party launch. She could've worn the flying dress and everything

zakariah

They should repent and give her the MJ Video Vanguard Award this year. :grr:

Panchecco

I still wish she used this concept for the artRAVE (not the ball) or another performance

it sounds so interesting 

Lord Temptation

Well in 2015 when Miley (again) paid MTV - this time to host the VMAs (to promote her album Dead Petz) - karma came around and gave MTV the worst ratings ever for a VMAs.

C1trus

Look at VMAs now, flopping AF

They cannot even stay relevant without presenting "sex" performances :ladyhaha:

Gaga is whom they need

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

venusxillusion
9 hours ago, Zakariah said:

They should repent and give her the MJ Video Vanguard Award this year. :grr:

I have a bad feeling she won't get it this year...I don't know why....but it will probably be between her and Katy

androiduser

the question is, why did Gaga agree to change the concept and go for something so much more commercial? agreeing to this didn't really go well with the whole ARTPOP concept

Werk

I also remember another theory that since there were so many Gagas at once in the original idea, it was shard for MTV to produce that if that makes sense

Thomas P
14 hours ago, Albertodift said:

PI was released exactly one week after the MTV vmas and ppl were melting down. No one understood why she did not debut her lead single at the only really big ceremony at that time if the release was so soon. Gaga deliberately decided to avoid it. It's obvious tbh.

I think she will perform there one day but for now I think the scar is still fresh for her. Gaga does not like being told no and does not like to alter her vision...whether that is a good or bad thing no one really knows as it has served her well and hampered her in the past but it was and still is clear that things are a little sour with them.

It's gonna be hard to give her the vanguard award and secure a 16 minute performance thus year I guess :lolly:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
1 minute ago, Werk said:

There were theories from fans that this was for Aura as well

That would make A LOTTTT more sense cuz applause does not fit this performance at all.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived