💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Mariah Carey [Debut Album] Appreciation

Arcanum

Featured Posts

Arcanum

So, I mark 15 years exactly since I got my first original vinyl as a gift. I bought #1's and I was so into her early work that eventually I was begging and pleading for someone to find the debut album of Mariah.

mariahcarey.jpg9ead14ee8214205fc3c0234956a15294.800x800

Here is the deal. In 1990 Mariah exploded with a-soon-to-be phenomenal debut album that came close (but never matched) her fellow Whitney Houston debut album in 1985.  Now certified *9 times Platinum in US and having sold over 15 m copies worldwide, I never understood the reason why she snubs it so much. Even though her later albums are more consistent and produced more hits, the breakthrough image of hers still is to this day a sight for sore eyes. Vision of love, Love takes time, Someday, I don't wanna cry and the LP reached the summit of Billboard Hot 100 & 200 respectively breaking some serious records back in the day. Elsewhere it was a moderate success.

Although the album sounds anachronistic and the majority of the songs shout out  "early 90's", I 've found that it aged pretty well comparing to some of her latest works. Her image was fresh, sincere and she was such a sweet talker at all her naivety (before all those diva momentos & her boobjobs) :

STRANGE FACTS:

1. The album included originally 10 tracks, but soon her company pressured her to include one more ballad to catch the contemporaries. That would be "Love Takes Time", which she held for her sophomore album, but eventually released on her debut, giving her second no.1. Some early pressings don't even list it as a track!

2. The damn album earned her 4 no.1's and showcased her vocals intact and flawlessly. 2 years ago I was watching her rants about her no.1 videos and she had NOTHING good to say about either of the songs. 

So do you find it a hit or miss for your spotify library? :)

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Noah

One of my favorite Albums of hers. Alone in Love and Sent From Up Above are B.O.P.S.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Arcanum
1 minute ago, Noah said:

One of my favorite Albums of hers. Alone in Love and Sent From Up Above are B.O.P.S.

She needs to start re-releasing anniversary editions of her albums! We need that demo tape! :excited2:

doppelganger

Vanishing is the best song from the album. Vision of Love has aged extremely well. Love Takes Time is a 90s classic

Another trivia, the album is filled with reworked versions of her demos/ songs that she wrote before the record deal. 

Noah
19 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

She needs to start re-releasing anniversary editions of her albums! We need that demo tape! :excited2:

There were rumors about that during the #1TI Era. Apparently she's trying to do something for Butterfly... who knows though

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Hades

Prisoner not being a single is the biggest crime in her carreer. :giveup:

Arcanum
15 minutes ago, Noah said:

There were rumors about that during the #1TI Era. Apparently she's trying to do something for Butterfly... who knows though

Last time she tried to recapture her debut era we got this: :sweat:

mariah-update.jpg

She has to freeze her RnB drive for an effort like this, so I will go with Butterfly if she cannot do that!

10 minutes ago, KING ELIZABITCH said:

Prisoner not being a single is the biggest crime in her carreer. :giveup:

Ahhhh!!! Prisoner!! One of her best & it always goes hand in hand with that gem:

teenagechrist

One of my favourite albums from her. Vanishing >>>>>>

feeling so hot tamale

• 1 month later...
Lanius

her third best album :giveup:

Sent from up above

Needed me

All in your mind

Are underrated album cuts. It sucks that she never preformed them live :selena:

Archived