Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Which Gaga Album Deserved AOTY the most?

Dorothy Gale

?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which one was snubbed?

• The Fame
    • The Fame Monster
    • Born This Way
    • All of the above
    • None

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale
Just now, PartySick said:

Why isn't ARTPOP in that poll? :neyde:

'Cause that's my vote :neyde:

From the above, BTW for sure.

ARTPOP was snubbed and didn't even get a nom :neyde: 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
1 minute ago, Dorothy Gale said:

ARTPOP was snubbed and didn't even get a nom :neyde: 

Oh that makes sense :neyde:

But what doesn't make sense is the stans snubbing it from being part of a hypothetical question :neyde:

I honestly won't stand for it :neyde:

💚

BibleThisWay

Can you imagine how iconic it would've been if she won AOTY for her debut in 2010, won AOTY for an EP in 2011 and then won AOTY again in 2012 for the Bible :giveup:

Harry

Born This Way.

I know TFM is generally regarded as being "better", but I believe that BTW was infinitely more daring, unexpected, raw and jarring in the best way. TFM was Gaga's perfect storm of darkness-meets-radio, but BTW was way more of a statement imo and it has always felt like more of a solid body of work. When I think "Gaga" I mostly think of BTW. The whole visual and sonic cohesion of that era was unbelievable, and for an artist of her fame at the time, it was an INSANELY bold move. We have to realise that people simply don't make albums like that anymore, so thank god we had Gaga pushing into that sphere. I love ARTPOP and Joanne, but neither of them touch it.

shoful

Where is ARTPOP!!!:grr:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Luke78619

TFM and BTW, but I voted BTW purely for its message as a while 

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

iCpro

I can't @ BTW winning the poll :neyde:

Like how can anyone deny that TFM is by far her most cohesive work? All the songs serve a purpose, none of them seem out of place or unnecessary. There is a consistent level of high quality throughout. The same cannot be said for BTW :neyde:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

43 minutes ago, Misaki said:

The Fame Monster

tumblr_mzl6gg64NH1qecroco2_r1_500.gif

This is cool. Are there more for the other albums. 

migamiga

TFM by far! Talk about a pop masterpiece :firega:

TF also deserved it compared to the other nominees (esp the winner :awkney:)

BTW is deserving but not against 21 imo. Also the fillers in BTW kinda drag it down a little

3 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Like how can anyone deny that TFM is by far her most cohesive work? All the songs serve a purpose, none of them seem out of place or unnecessary. There is a consistent level of high quality throughout. The same cannot be said for BTW :neyde:

You ain't lying. 

Lextyr97
4 minutes ago, iCpro said:

The same can be said for Born This Way when the entire album is about freedom, in addition to being an incredibly cohesive body of work. Every song packs a very hard punch, they all have dark tones, and it's way more personal.

Harry
8 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Using the "cohesiveness" thing as the sole basis for claiming TFM is better is unfair since there is only 8 songs on TFM. There is over twice as many on BTW (if you're counting the deluxe, of course).

Of course if you make a record that is short by the standards of anyone, you have better odds of making it work together. Though I always found the "monsters" theme of TFM to be a little thrown together. The cohesiveness of BTW seems way more mature to me conceptually, and sonically it took a massive leap that in places felt like a 360 for Gaga. Whereas most of TFM was just a natural progression for her from TF (not that this is a bad thing), and thanks to RedOne many of the sounds from it have been replicated. BTW is not easy to replicate.

"High quality" is an entirely subjective argument, so if that's all you have to claim for it, you can't realistically ask the question "how can anyone deny...?"

iCpro
1 minute ago, TylerBR97 said:

The same can be said for Born This Way when the entire album is about freedom, in addition to being an incredibly cohesive body of work. Every song packs a very hard punch, they all have dark tones, and it's way more personal.

I agree about the themes, but the album is very long, which inevitably means some songs just aren't as good as the rest, bringing the whole album down

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Archived