Featured Posts

narcoswing

Based on tonight's events I'm predicting the following

6. Ultraviolence 
5. Cruel World
4. Shades of Cool
3. Brooklyn Baby
2. Old Money :madge:
1. West Coast (please let it win please please please)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antonio

Zxd9jh0.jpg

-----◆-----

Highest Score | 11

@AJK273 @DeMarco

Lowest Score | 4.5

@PerfectGUY

-----◆-----

Antonio's Remark | 10

Another song that matches my ideal placement for it! I love Cruel World with all my heart and I truly think it's her best album opener, EVAH. A gritty dirty production makes the song sound so vintage and unique, with an explosive chorus, everything I ever wanted from Lana, Ultraviolence wouldn't have been the same without it.

My Ideal Placement | #6

-----◆-----

Commentary

above 5

Spoiler

@AJK273 | 11 | "Cruel World was the first song of Lanas I really listened to and It was a perfect introduction to what I would receive when plunging further into her repertoire. Blake's opening guitar sends noir chills down my spine everytime I hear it, and Lana's opening cries accent the sonic moods of the song, and relate to many outcasts such as myself's feelings towards the world. The swelling chorus makes me emotional, every single time, it's a perfect combination of nostalgia and tone that capitulates Ultraviolence. This song IS Ultraviolence. The other songs on the album don't reach this song's mesmerizing quality, I'm f***in crazy for this song."

@Trepadation | 10 | "Could've replaced ultraviolence as the title track tbh."

@Vodka | 10 | "Lana's always got the best openers for her albums, but this one just rocks. Am i the only one who gets Russian vibes from it from time to time?"

@Thomas | 10 | "Despite not even including the live snippet she used to sing live pre-UV, Cruel World served exactly what I expected it to be but still nothing of what I could ever imagine Lana doing. This psych-rock infused sledgehammering literal BANGER kicks off an epic album that tells a fragile and heart breaking love story of how love and darkness takes over ones life as soon as you commit to it fully. Cruel World sums this album up perfectly lyrically and melodically."

@SirLudicopro | 10 | "What a fantastic way to start this amazing album. My second favorite on the record and probably the best album opener I have ever heard. This is a pop-rock song with psychedelic elements to it and it is a freaking masterpiece. The first few notes are enough to send chills through my whole body and when the first lyrics (Shared my body and my mind with you / That's all over now) come in, you know you're in for a truly great experience. The lyrics tackle a relationship where the other person drives you crazy (in a good way) and yet you know that relationship is toxic. The lines "Because you're young, you're wild, you're free / You're dancing circles around me / You're ****ing crazy" and the way they are sung make it some of the best lyrics I've ever heard in any song. I also like how she sings them more intensely and passionately with every chorus. Overall, this is a spine-chilling, head swaying and magical experience and one of the best songs I've ever heard."

@Maleficent | 10 | "reminds me of my ex, in a good way."

@Harry | 10 | "LEGENDARY. The production of this just swirls as a slow build with Lana's masterful vocal delivery until the climax which gets me emotional af. Amazing opener."

@ItsTommyBitch | 10 | "This song is one of my favorite album openers of all time tbh. It is a bit long and repetitive, but its still incredibly enjoyable and actually feels very short. The chorus just feels like being in a drunken stupor of self pity and anger over someone and its pure catharsis. It ends with the same kind of defiant mood, but somehow I can't imagine doing anything but crying after the songs over. You trick yourself into thinking you're done, but you're not."

@narcoswing | 10 | "I love the mellow mood of the whole song, and the slight aggressiveness in Lana's vocals in the choruses create such a n ice contrast. Sometimes while listening to Cruel World it feels a bit too long, but as a whole, in this album, it's the perfect length."

@slayo | 9.5 | "This song is the perfect opener for this perfect album. Am I the only one that thinks of this song as a “Cola Pt. 2”? The chorus slowly builds up and then tumbles down (in a good way). Favorite part is Lana’s harmonies at the very end. Also love the guitars on this track."

@IndieKylie | 9 | "A beautiful opening track that embodies the best of the dream-pop genre. Only complaint is that the run time is a little long."

@Gia Gunn | 9 | "I mean, it wouldn't be Ultraviolence without this great album opener."

@halcyonpop | 8.6 | "This is a perfect album opener. Lana can say the word "crazy" as many times as she wants and I'll still love it."

@sethrb101 | 8.5 | "The first time I listened to this song, I thought it was way too long and I wasn't feeling it. Now I love it and the vibes I get."

@musicland | | "I feel like Lana and Gaga have the best album openers. I remember blasting this in the Target parking lot when I got the cd, and everyone walking past looking at me like I was crazy (but i am free.)"

@littlepotter | | "For the longest time I thought this song was truly pointless and just a hippie record that drags on for way too long and for absolutely no reason. The instrumentation is too weird and messy. I didn't start appreciating it until recently, but still in my head I have no idea how it's 7 minutes long. It doesn't have that many parts. Wtf."

@ChavaWM | | "if it was shorter, it would be higher."

@SinnersVenus | 7 | "It sounds pleasant, but drags on for too long. The chorus is still banging tho."

@Moebius | 7 | "It's good, but I kinda forget how it goes tbh."

@BLACKOUTbritney | 7 | "Moving and sad opening song. Very slow tho so its one of the songs on the album you listen to less than the others."

@britneygaga99 | | "Mediocre album opener, it drags on quite a lot."

@Lona Delery | | "Great album opener, I like how the song gets messier and messier. This was the song that made me a stan, but I find it too repetitive now to listen to it a lot."

@juju | 5.5 | "Kind of a wet blanket of an opener; the saving grace of it is the folksy-stomp of an instrumental, and some of the lyrics are passable (other than her typical "young, wild, free" bullshit). All in all, it's much too long as well."

5 and below

Spoiler

@Evan Peters | | "i remember this song being amazing but i guess not lol."

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Harry
Just now, narcoswing said:

Based on tonight's events I'm predicting the following

6. Ultraviolence 
5. Cruel World
4. Shades of Cool
3. Brooklyn Baby
2. Old Money :madge:
1. West Coast (please let it win please please please)

I'd be happy w this, though I'd rather CW be a little higher

Edit: MESS

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Antonio said:

Zxd9jh0.jpg

-----◆-----

Highest Score | 11

@AJK273 @DeMarco

Lowest Score | 4.5

@PerfectGUY

-----◆-----

Antonio's Remark | 10

Another song that matches my ideal placement for it! I love Cruel World with all my heart and I truly think it's her best album opener, EVAH. A gritty dirty production makes the song sound so vintage and unique, with an explosive chorus, everything I ever wanted from Lana, Ultraviolence wouldn't have been the same without it.

My Ideal Placement | #6

-----◆-----

Commentary

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

@AJK273 | 11 | "Cruel World was the first song of Lanas I really listened to and It was a perfect introduction to what I would receive when plunging further into her repertoire. Blake's opening guitar sends noir chills down my spine everytime I hear it, and Lana's opening cries accent the sonic moods of the song, and relate to many outcasts such as myself's feelings towards the world. The swelling chorus makes me emotional, every single time, it's a perfect combination of nostalgia and tone that capitulates Ultraviolence. This song IS Ultraviolence. The other songs on the album don't reach this song's mesmerizing quality, I'm f***in crazy for this song."

@Vodka | 10 | "Lana's always got the best openers for her albums, but this one just rocks. Am i the only one who gets Russian vibes from it from time to time?"

@Thomas | 10 | "Despite not even including the live snippet she used to sing live pre-UV, Cruel World served exactly what I expected it to be but still nothing of what I could ever imagine Lana doing. This psych-rock infused sledgehammering literal BANGER kicks off an epic album that tells a fragile and heart breaking love story of how love and darkness takes over ones life as soon as you commit to it fully. Cruel World sums this album up perfectly lyrically and melodically."

@SirLudicopro | 10 | "What a fantastic way to start this amazing album. My second favorite on the record and probably the best album opener I have ever heard. This is a pop-rock song with psychedelic elements to it and it is a freaking masterpiece. The first few notes are enough to send chills through my whole body and when the first lyrics (Shared my body and my mind with you / That's all over now) come in, you know you're in for a truly great experience. The lyrics tackle a relationship where the other person drives you crazy (in a good way) and yet you know that relationship is toxic. The lines "Because you're young, you're wild, you're free / You're dancing circles around me / You're ****ing crazy" and the way they are sung make it some of the best lyrics I've ever heard in any song. I also like how she sings them more intensely and passionately with every chorus. Overall, this is a spine-chilling, head swaying and magical experience and one of the best songs I've ever heard."

@Harry | 10 | "LEGENDARY. The production of this just swirls as a slow build with Lana's masterful vocal delivery until the climax which gets me emotional af. Amazing opener."

@ItsTommyBitch | 10 | "This song is one of my favorite album openers of all time tbh. It is a bit long and repetitive, but its still incredibly enjoyable and actually feels very short. The chorus just feels like being in a drunken stupor of self pity and anger over someone and its pure catharsis. It ends with the same kind of defiant mood, but somehow I can't imagine doing anything but crying after the songs over. You trick yourself into thinking you're done, but you're not."

@narcoswing | 10 | "I love the mellow mood of the whole song, and the slight aggressiveness in Lana's vocals in the choruses create such a n ice contrast. Sometimes while listening to Cruel World it feels a bit too long, but as a whole, in this album, it's the perfect length."

@slayo | 9.5 | "This song is the perfect opener for this perfect album. Am I the only one that thinks of this song as a “Cola Pt. 2”? The chorus slowly builds up and then tumbles down (in a good way). Favorite part is Lana’s harmonies at the very end. Also love the guitars on this track."

@IndieKylie | 9 | "A beautiful opening track that embodies the best of the dream-pop genre. Only complaint is that the run time is a little long."

@Gia Gunn | 9 | "I mean, it wouldn't be Ultraviolence without this great album opener."

@halcyonpop | 8.6 | "This is a perfect album opener. Lana can say the word "crazy" as many times as she wants and I'll still love it."

@sethrb101 | 8.5 | "The first time I listened to this song, I thought it was way too long and I wasn't feeling it. Now I love it and the vibes I get."

@musicland | | "I feel like Lana and Gaga have the best album openers. I remember blasting this in the Target parking lot when I got the cd, and everyone walking past looking at me like I was crazy (but i am free.)"

@littlepotter | | "For the longest time I thought this song was truly pointless and just a hippie record that drags on for way too long and for absolutely no reason. The instrumentation is too weird and messy. I didn't start appreciating it until recently, but still in my head I have no idea how it's 7 minutes long. It doesn't have that many parts. Wtf."

@SinnersVenus | 7 | "It sounds pleasant, but drags on for too long. The chorus is still banging tho."

@BLACKOUTbritney | 7 | "Moving and sad opening song. Very slow tho so its one of the songs on the album you listen to less than the others."

@Lona Delery | | "Great album opener, I like how the song gets messier and messier. This was the song that made me a stan, but I find it too repetitive now to listen to it a lot."

@juju | 5.5 | "Kind of a wet blanket of an opener; the saving grace of it is the folksy-stomp of an instrumental, and some of the lyrics are passable (other than her typical "young, wild, free" bullshit). All in all, it's much too long as well."

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

The_evil_is_defeated.gif

Spoiler

I gave it 9

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Antonio
1 hour ago, Anveeroy said:

The_evil_is_defeated.gif

stfu you gave it a 9 :madge: 

Anveeroy
Just now, Antonio said:

stfu you gave it a 9 :madge: 

you got me :gaycat:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

RonnieGagz

CAPITAL MESS 

WHAT THE FUVK YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

Antonio

my baby Shades Of Cool is top 5 :giveup: hold on strong sis :giveup:

now :gaycat: who's gonna open our top 5?

OliverViennese
5 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Zxd9jh0.jpg

-----◆-----

Highest Score | 11

@AJK273 @DeMarco

Lowest Score | 4.5

@PerfectGUY

-----◆-----

Antonio's Remark | 10

My Ideal Placement | #6

-----◆-----

Commentary

above 5

Reveal hidden contents

5 and below

Reveal hidden contents

NO!

I wanted this at least Top 5. It's one of the best songs of her whole discography. MESS! :madge:

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

Brooklyn Baby leaves next, Old Money & Shades Of Cool go at least top 3 and I'm happy 

The earth shattered, the sky opened, The rain was fire but we were wooden

SHOOKGA

Imma spam this place with the evil is defeated gifslatest?cb=20150321060906latest?cb=20150321060906latest?cb=20150321060906latest?cb=20150321060906

Not very born this way of you 😫

Archived