Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

RESULTS | Ultraviolence Megarate

Antonio

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
Just now, Maleficent said:

You go wash your dirty mouth out with soup young lady.Β 

It's the worst song from the album still around and Shades of Cool probably isn't going for a while, so...

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antonio

judging off the predictions, the next one will be unexpected

π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

Moebius

MPG, Shades of Cool, or FMWTTT next pls

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Antonio

YyorOJO.jpg

-----β—†-----

Highest ScoreΒ |Β 11

@FlyPirate

Lowest ScoreΒ |Β 2.5

@PerfectGUY

-----β—†-----

Antonio's RemarkΒ |Β 6

It's definitely the worst track on the album, and I can see why it was only an iTunes exclusive track. Is This Happiness is generally not a bad song, it's very Lana, it's very Ultraviolence, but it's also very boring, very slow and very quiet, feels like Lana is mumbling for most of the song honestly, like she woke up at 5AM and recorded it at 5:30AM, you know what I mean?

My Ideal PlacementΒ |Β #16

-----β—†-----

Commentary

above 5

Spoiler

@FlyPirateΒ |Β 11Β | "PerfectionΒ :giveup:"

@ItsTommyBitchΒ |Β 10Β | "This is my third favorite track on the album, and my most played bonus track. I learned to play this on piano and flute the second I heard it. It's just so laid back and beautiful, but soΒ profoundlyΒ sad and pensive. To me, this song is about havingΒ to sit down and evaluate life and relationships, and being at that stage where you know the answer is "no", but you keep asking in quiet hopes that you'll keep convincing yourself the answer is yes."

@Lona DeleryΒ |Β 10Β | "She's basically mumbling nonsense, but the vocals are haunting and, once again, it is the bridge that makes the song. "One gun on the table, headshot if you're able" is still one of my absolute favorite lines Lana has ever written."

@MoebiusΒ |Β 10Β | "oh god."

@VodkaΒ |Β 10Β | "Sorta reminds me of Hallelujah. I love the context behind the track, but for me, it can be a particular taste, just for some occasions. I dislike it, but can appreciate it's blank faced to tears inducing worth."

@britneygaga99Β |Β 10Β | "In a word: Devastating."

@IndieKylieΒ |Β 9Β | "The song is good, I'll leave it at that."

@MaleficentΒ |Β 9Β | "I honestly thought this was a classic she had covered, it sounds like an old song."

@musiclandΒ |Β 9Β | "I cry if when I get too into the song. I feel her emotion when she repeats "is this happiness," Β I find this track hauntingly beautiful"

@Queen1551Β |Β 9Β | "What a beautiful song! I fell in love instantly!"

@halcyonpopΒ |Β 8.9Β | "There was a time in my life when I would have rated this in the upper nines, but I guess something changed."

@SirLudicoproΒ |Β 8.5Β | "This is a very cute and sweetΒ song and while I do like it, it is sort of uneventful compared to the rest of the album which often succeeds at throwing curveballs at you and progressing musically. I do like how angelic and happy it sounds, which is a ray of light among the other dark tracks in here."

@sethrb101Β |Β 8Β | "Looooove the beginning. Overall a sad but good song."

@BLACKOUTbritneyΒ |Β 7.5Β | "Cute sad bop. One of her really good sad songs."

@littlepotterΒ |Β 7Β | "I'm not really familiar with this song, as it was not in my version of the album back in the day. Nostalgia can not play its part here, so this is mostly an objective opinion (is that even a thing). The instrumentation is nice and soft, and Lana sounds sincere asking if this is happiness. Had this been on the regular version I'd probably enjoy it more. Lucky Ones' improved older sister."

@slayoΒ |Β 7Β | "Soft, sweet, subtle. She's cute. I used to love her a lot, I still do, but justΒ less. I had to realize that even though she is beautiful, she is kind of boring."

@AJK273Β |Β 7Β | "The song has some beautifully poetic lyrics and tells a quite sad outlook on life and love which I adore. However, it suffers from a boring instrumental (in comparison to Fine China, A much superior instrumental) and the chorus is so repetitive, I like the witch hazel bridge becauseΒ that at least is interesting but it doesn't fit the song. The lyrics save this one."

@SinnersVenusΒ |Β 6Β | "I like the way the piano sounds, but the song gets boring as you can’t really hear Lana, and the one thing that could be used to cover that up (instrumental), is too soft. In other words, the song has an instrumental that relies on more powerful vocals and vocals that could use a stronger instrumental. The two just don’t work together, and I honestly don’t know if Lana could do a great piano ballad. A for effort though."

@jujuΒ |Β 6Β | "She's okay."

@Evan PetersΒ |Β 6Β | "cute."

5 and below

Spoiler

@HarryΒ |Β 5Β | "Another meh one for me. Never really clicked with it."

Β 

Harry

You didn't include my rating for ITH :gum:Β But that's good cos I'm apparently the only one to give it a 5 :gum:

YeehawKylie

I give this a 9? Ugh. I was way too kind. It deserves a 7 at best.Β 

Props for me being happy the day I did this rate I guess...

Moebius
Just now, IndieKylie said:

Watch it be Black Beauty @Moebius

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Antonio
1 hour ago, Harry said:

You didn't include my rating for ITH :gum:Β But that's good cos I'm apparently the only one to give it a 5 :gum:

capital mess :poot:Β I did include the rate but not the comment :poot:Β editing it

gts14
3 minutes ago, Antonio said:

YyorOJO.jpg

-----β—†-----

Highest ScoreΒ |Β 11

@FlyPirate

Lowest ScoreΒ |Β 2.5

@PerfectGUY

-----β—†-----

Antonio's RemarkΒ |Β 6

It's definitely the worst track on the album, and I can see why it was only an iTunes exclusive track. Is This Happiness is generally not a bad song, it's very Lana, it's very Ultraviolence, but it's also very boring, very slow and very quiet, feels like Lana is mumbling for most of the song honestly, like she woke up at 5AM and recorded it at 5:30AM, you know what I mean?

My Ideal PlacementΒ |Β #16

-----β—†-----

Commentary

above 5

Β  Reveal hidden contents

@FlyPirateΒ |Β 11Β | "PerfectionΒ :giveup:"

@ItsTommyBitchΒ |Β 10Β | "This is my third favorite track on the album, and my most played bonus track. I learned to play this on piano and flute the second I heard it. It's just so laid back and beautiful, but soΒ profoundlyΒ sad and pensive. To me, this song is about havingΒ to sit down and evaluate life and relationships, and being at that stage where you know the answer is "no", but you keep asking in quiet hopes that you'll keep convincing yourself the answer is yes."

@Lona DeleryΒ |Β 10Β | "She's basically mumbling nonsense, but the vocals are haunting and, once again, it is the bridge that makes the song. "One gun on the table, headshot if you're able" is still one of my absolute favorite lines Lana has ever written."

@MoebiusΒ |Β 10Β | "oh god."

@VodkaΒ |Β 10Β | "Sorta reminds me of Hallelujah. I love the context behind the track, but for me, it can be a particular taste, just for some occasions. I dislike it, but can appreciate it's blank faced to tears inducing worth."

@britneygaga99Β |Β 10Β | "In a word: Devastating."

@IndieKylieΒ |Β 9Β | "The song is good, I'll leave it at that."

@MaleficentΒ |Β 9Β | "I honestly thought this was a classic she had covered, it sounds like an old song."

@musiclandΒ |Β 9Β | "I cry if when I get too into the song. I feel her emotion when she repeats "is this happiness," Β I find this track hauntingly beautiful"

@Queen1551Β |Β 9Β | "What a beautiful song! I fell in love instantly!"

@halcyonpopΒ |Β 8.9Β | "There was a time in my life when I would have rated this in the upper nines, but I guess something changed."

@SirLudicoproΒ |Β 8.5Β | "This is a very cute and sweetΒ song and while I do like it, it is sort of uneventful compared to the rest of the album which often succeeds at throwing curveballs at you and progressing musically. I do like how angelic and happy it sounds, which is a ray of light among the other dark tracks in here."

@sethrb101Β |Β 8Β | "Looooove the beginning. Overall a sad but good song."

@BLACKOUTbritneyΒ |Β 7.5Β | "Cute sad bop. One of her really good sad songs."

@littlepotterΒ |Β 7Β | "I'm not really familiar with this song, as it was not in my version of the album back in the day. Nostalgia can not play its part here, so this is mostly an objective opinion (is that even a thing). The instrumentation is nice and soft, and Lana sounds sincere asking if this is happiness. Had this been on the regular version I'd probably enjoy it more. Lucky Ones' improved older sister."

@slayoΒ |Β 7Β | "Soft, sweet, subtle. She's cute. I used to love her a lot, I still do, but justΒ less. I had to realize that even though she is beautiful, she is kind of boring."

@AJK273Β |Β 7Β | "The song has some beautifully poetic lyrics and tells a quite sad outlook on life and love which I adore. However, it suffers from a boring instrumental (in comparison to Fine China, A much superior instrumental) and the chorus is so repetitive, I like the witch hazel bridge becauseΒ that at least is interesting but it doesn't fit the song. The lyrics save this one."

@SinnersVenusΒ |Β 6Β | "I like the way the piano sounds, but the song gets boring as you can’t really hear Lana, and the one thing that could be used to cover that up (instrumental), is too soft. In other words, the song has an instrumental that relies on more powerful vocals and vocals that could use a stronger instrumental. The two just don’t work together, and I honestly don’t know if Lana could do a great piano ballad. A for effort though."

@jujuΒ |Β 6Β | "She's okay."

@Evan PetersΒ |Β 6Β | "cute."

5 and below

Β  Reveal hidden contents

none!

Β 

giphy.gif

Antonio

next one will cause minor meltdowns, a few people *cough* will be very disappointed

Archived