❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
celeb

Katy Crying on IG live because of BA hate

Stef

Featured Posts

Ashton Lay
22 minutes ago, Vodka said:

So. We don't even necessarily know for sure why she had to feel like closing up on her live feed (I'll give it the benefit of the doubt), but I don't think it's warranted to hate on her for releasing what u deem basic music. Like fine, if it's something you already know or gotten used to, then get off it and move on (if u think she releases sh*t, then stop following her like her babysitter, like why?).

I'm not defending personal attacks by any means. I'm sure there are many people attacking her for making another "basic" pop song with the current "it" group in an attempt to get a hit. That's kinda her schtick by this point. However, there is valid criticism with Bon Appetit. I won't support it because she chose to work with the Migos, even after the homophobic comments they've made. Particularly for a pop singer with an incredibly large gay following--and someone who has released a single dedicated to self love--it feels like she sold out her gay fans for the sake of getting a hit. I'm sure that her intention wasn't to turn her back on the LGBT community, but that's how it comes across, and that is what most of the criticism I've read has been about. She's being attacked for working with a homophobic group on a lackluster song. 

do hope that she has supportive people around her, though. It seems like she isn't doing well right now, which is understandable. She's always relatively been on top of pop, and it seems radio and the GP aren't supporting her anymore. That's a hard place to be, especially considering how dependent on success she is. As others have mentioned, she'll come out stronger because of this, and I hope much more humble as well. It's unfortunate that she's going through this emotional struggle right now, but I also struggle to empathize a bit after her jokes about Britney earlier this year. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
petty

After everything the Katy kats put us thru during 2013-2014, I'd say this is simply.........

You're really crying over some hate comments on the internet? We all get them Katy

Grow thicker skin, you're loved by millions stop being a cry baby

abortionqueen
11 minutes ago, PETTY said:

14528473_1052144914902200_695805312_n-88

:ladyhaha::ladyhaha::ladyhaha:

vocally you can't find the right key to an unlocked door

djBuffoon
4 minutes ago, Aced said:

who cares.

do you think she cares about if you and i are ok ? dont think so.

they didnt play her song and she starts crying.

poor her with her millions of dollars in the bank.

shes so full of herself and fake i cant stand her

I mean, I don't care if she thinks about me or not. Just asking if she's mentally stable. :awkney: 

Ryusei

people who say she isnt crying: are you blind? she clearly has tears in her eyes and is looking up so the tears won't fall down + the tone of her voice....

Musery

Arcanum

Did she change her target group? She was successful and relevant to all the primary school students, then she started recording music for adults and everything went wrong. Cute. :reductive:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

takemetovenus

Y'all are so mean?? I'm actually shocked?? She's clearly not in a good mental place rn and you guys think it's cute to be shady about it :saladga: Anyway, I finally listened to the song and it's really not that bad, I'd download it if I still had spotify premium :toofunny: Migos part wasn't that bad either

YeehawKylie
47 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

1) Is it? It's not because Katy is a celebrity that she deserves being bashed ALL the time by this fanbase (I don't know if it's the same with other fanbases). Y'all can say what you want, but that's bully. Remember how online bully affected Gaga during ARTPOP? Surprise, you all comparing Katy Perry's new album era with ARTPOP actually makes sense now. I just hope Katy doesn't end up like Gaga: broken, disappointed, unhappy, disgusted. 

You call yourselves fans of Gaga, who's a hard supporter of kindness and compassion, but you're boring shady basic bitches who don't learn from the past (those concerned will know). You're just doing the same thing Gaga was suffering from a few years ago. Disgusting. 

2) It's not as if Katy was bashed only for Bon Appétit. Whatever she does you'll find people dragging her for no reason. As said before, if Chained to the Rythm was Gaga's, most of y'all would love it. 

@Robagaga this is not particularly meant to you, but to every boring Katy hater on this website

01. This thread specifically is relatively supporting toward Katy. This fanbase is shady in general, but light 'shade' and bullying are two different things. Some in this fanbase definitely fall under the latter, but I think most fall under the former. I lot of people who may not like the song have come to this thread to show concern and support for Katy. 

02. Bon Apetit and Chained to the Rhythm are both subpar for Katy. She is very well known for putting out pop-friendly, catchy songs. Neither song this era do that, so yes, they're underwhelming . She is lightly experimenting without really pushing boundaries. To suggest this fanbase would love Chained to the Rhythm if Lady Gaga released it is so untrue. Just look at the backlash she got when The Cure was released for being safe and trendy. You really think they'd embrace Chained to the Rhythm? 

I think people are allowed to have opinions. This fanbase has shown concern for her in this thread, more or less. She is getting negative feedback from several people...even those who have always liked her. You can get off your high horse and stop belittling everyone. You tagged one person, if you read other people 'bullying' her on this board I'd suggest you tag them as well. There are definitely bad seeds, but I don't think it's representative of all of us. In fact,  a lot these bad seeds are also the ones who hated on all new Gaga releases.  :saladga:

avalon x

This makes me feel legitimately sad. I hope she's okay.

I really feel that she wants to make the right choices when it comes to her music but she isn't doing so due to the people around her (or other reasons). 

But then again I don't keep track or know much about her.. nonetheless I do hope we'll be getting some genuine, heartfelt, raw music from her in the near future.

Stay strong, Katy. :heart: And please follow your heart.

JohnnyVersace

And tbh listening to this song for the first time now - I'm sure it'll be a summer hit so all the hate is unnecessary. Migos has a legit following, and people will eat this up. 

thatfoxyfeeling

Right this is either brilliant publicity stunt by her team or she needs help and I feel sorry for her.

Archived