Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

Americano

Ugh, can we not with the CTTR v. MR mess. We already know MR did better. It sold way more.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, CakeLikeLG said:

pls someone make a thread on ATRL

Million Reasons outlasted Chained To The Rythm on radio, why?

52+2 LADY GAGA - Million Reasons 36.910 (-0.455)

2nd single released in November 2016

59-8 KATY PERRY - Chained To The Rhythm 34.345 (-3.936)

lead single released in February 2017

I really want to read some funny excuses :giggle:

Let's remember though how Gaga's lead single did :rip: 

MR is definitely a bigger hit in the US than CTTR but CTTR charted really well worldwide when MR became a hit in less than 5 countries

Americano

Gaga should be able to get a new peak on AC soon with MR.

Americano

Hits Daily Double is always so far up Katy's ass, it's funny seeing them be silent on her new single. Whenever Gaga is doing well on radio, they say nothing.

MANiCURE1295
4 minutes ago, Americano said:

Ugh, can we not with the CTTR v. MR mess. We already know MR did better. It sold way more.

I don't want to compare the two, but I'm honesty just curious, how much HAS CTTR sold?

Fiona Apple
Just now, Edgelover129 said:

I don't want to compare the two, but I'm honesty just curious, how much HAS CTTR sold?

Definitely less than 500k but it went platinum this week

YeehawKylie
27 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I wonder when can we start helping each other out instead

Exactly, instead of relishing in the temporary demise of Lady Gaga's contemporaries I wish we could realize this non-pop-girl very much affects Lady Gaga as well. She just has an upper hand because she has a little bit more diversity than the average pop-girl. 

Chained to the Rhythm wasn't bad by any means (I didn't care for the live performances though). Bon Appetit is a travesty, there's no denying or defending it. So, seeing that come from the same woman who gave us Teenage Dream, E.T., Wide Awake, and Walking on Air (sorry--non-single but what a song) it's sad and disappointing. I'm sure the shift in her sound is due to her team realizing pop-girls are having their struggles these days. 

Katy Perry may not always have depth, but she's always been good at her craft in terms of sound and execution. I for one don't enjoy watching her flounder. It doesn't make Gaga any more successful and just reminds me that the golden era of pop (2009-2013) is over. 

Americano
Just now, IndieKylie said:

Exactly, instead of relishing in the temporary demise of Lady Gaga's contemporaries I wish we could realize this non-pop-girl very much affects Lady Gaga as well. She just has an upper hand because she has a little bit more diversity than the average pop-girl. 

You mean way more talent than most of the pop girls? There's a reason artists with either vocal, performance, etc. talent endure and others do not. I don't feel bad for the pop girls that can't weather the storm of changing music trends, simply because they're a one-trick star with no talent to back up the soulless pop they release.

YeehawKylie
Just now, Americano said:

because they're a one-trick star with no talent to back up the soulless pop they release.

Referencing anyone specific? 

1 minute ago, Americano said:

You mean way more talent than most of the pop girls?

Not necessarily. I actually think most of the pop girls are quite talented in terms of business and vocals. Lady Gaga has a wider range of genres in her catalog, which allows her to more easily adapt to changing times. Lady Gaga is definitely one of a kind, it's why she remains a huge part of pop culture. That being said, not every pop-girl needs to release a Jazz-album, Joanne, or a Lemonade to be considered talented. 

ViviLittleM
1 minute ago, austriamonster said:

Spotify Update:

Total: 24,398,080 

:)

Yasss

Americano
2 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Referencing anyone specific? 

Not necessarily. I actually think most of the pop girls are quite talented in terms of business and vocals. Lady Gaga has a wider range of genres in her catalog, which allows her to more easily adapt to changing times. Lady Gaga is definitely one of a kind, it's why she remains a huge part of pop culture. That being said, not every pop-girl needs to release a Jazz-album, Joanne, or a Lemonade to be considered talented. 

Nope. No one specific.

And no one said every pop girl needs to release those albums. But, if you look at commercial success, the public already decided they don't have much of a choice unless they want to suffer a sales decline when people decide they're over bubblegum pop for a few years.

And "quite talented in terms of business" -- That's the record labels. 

Stargazer

Spotify - Mid-day update

The Cure : 24,398,080 (+ 1,573,647)

• Admin locked this topic

Archived