charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

Naufri
8 minutes ago, Monsterious said:

its loosing a spot on itunes each hour

:gum:

I'm going to bed right now for my 8 hours of daily sleeping, I will check in the morning if you are right :hor:

7 minutes ago, gagarihanna said:

42. Bon Appétit

49. The Cure

where is the person saying that The Cure will be out of top 100 and BA above it ? :giggle:

It would be back in 3 days. I'm expectating.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTGOD
22 minutes ago, Denys said:

A very wise lady once said 'when you think you know lady gaga I want to remind you that u don't!' Half the songs on ARTPOP lacked 'personalities' don't delude yourself, gaga made the cure to show that she too can be chilled and 'cool'. Either u enjoy the song or don't bang the door on ur way out 

Oh, so once I think I know Lady Gaga is the best artist of this generation she has to remind me that she can release bad songs too? Cool. If there is one thing you can't say about ARTPOP is that it has no personality, it's easily the most Gaga album there is. Gaga made the cure to revive her steaming power and that's it, don't pretend there is any real artistic intention behind it. No thank you I'll hate it and stay here to track it's chart performance, the only reason it exists.

OT:  I remember when MR got its first million AI update and this thread exploded, now we get one of those each day and we're like "cute update", the GROWTH :giveup:

3 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

Oh, so once I think I know Lady Gaga is the best artist of this generation she has to remind me that she can release bad songs too? Cool, If there is one thing you can't say about ARTPOP is that it has no personality, it's easily the most Gaga album there is. Gaga made the cure to revive her steaming power and that's it, don't pretend there is any real artistic intention behind it.

Point is... It doesn't have to always be artistic! It can just be music: pleasing noise (Australia seems to like that noise a lot) 

'sometimes the simplest move is right' ARTPOP teas :lolly:

Harry
51 minutes ago, LittleHooker said:

I'm not @Harry but I can tell you that The Cure was played on Radio 1 today on Cel Spellman's show :tony:

Awesome! Thank you so much for notifying us. I did actually check Radio 1 earlier today when I checked all of the stations, and when I checked Cel's show was on but I see now that he played it towards the end of the show whereas I only looked at R1's plays for the day during the first half, around 16:30-17:00. Very cool that they played her, though.

@Pray4FameGa

I can't quote your post and LittleHooker's post at the same time cos they are on separate pages, I'm sure there probably is a way to do it, but ... idk sjfgs

It wasn't playlisted by Radio 1 which was kind of expected due to the influx of new releases which we (rightly) assumed would be favoured by them over The Cure. For example, Lana & Katy who are playing their festival next month, and Shawn Mendes - his song has been more popular on iTunes/Spotify than TC so far, he's younger etc... However it was A-listed by Radio 2 but their new playlist hasn't kicked in, so it hasn't been spun much there.

But radio generally in the UK is good. According to ukairplaychart.com as of Saturday it's #29 on overall radio. Expect this to go up this week when R2 start playing it. I have noticed that the plays on Capital/Kiss over the past week have been pretty much constantly at 3-4 each per day. So it would be great if they'd increase.

iTunes... meh. It fell as expected with new releases. But I think that the front page exposure of being in the top ten was really helping as it has dropped to the lower end of the top 20 now even with a discount. But on the bright-side, streaming is great. Still fairly stable on Apple, but doing really well on Spotify. Up to #32 so hopefully it'll continue growing like this which will balance out the apparent drop in sales.

We normally get a midweek UK update tomorrow, but with it being bank holiday Monday it's uncertain whether they will be published. If not, we'll likely get news on Wednesday.

An unintentionally long breakdown of the current news :green: but tl;dr - UK is good so far.

Naufri
2 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

Oh, so once I think I know Lady Gaga is the best artist of this generation she has to remind me that she can release bad songs too? Cool, If there is one thing you can't say about ARTPOP is that it has no personality, it's easily the most Gaga album there is. Gaga made the cure to revive her steaming power and that's it, don't pretend there is any real artistic intention behind it.

Maybe you need to stop pretending that you know about the intentions of Gaga when she writes lol.

This is a forum, and we are here to make theories,and opinions, and discuss, but we all know nothing about what's happening behind the final product. Please don't say nobody that he or she is pretending to believe something.

You know nothing, we all know nothing. Doing that kind of things is when you are being pretentious.

Stargazer

Good night Little Charters,

don't forget to stream The Cure

and to ignore the trolls :poot:

Monsterious

so bored of these long posts 

anyway

1017 Lady GagaBad Romance (NE)

1026 Lady GagaMillion Reasons (2nd version)

pdaines
22 minutes ago, Naufri said:

No, the radio updates weren't each one worst than the next, and a radio update lower than 2M can be already a very good update. 

HAC picked up MR earlier than POP but it wasn't fast by any mean, HAC was super slow and super reluctant, but less than pop radios.
Sales and itunes positions matters, but in the medium long run. Radios don't run to add your song because you are two weeks on the top 10, if you don't match the trend, or if they believe you're not popular between their listeners, or have been long time since your last radio hit.

They don't drop you fast if you match with they want to play. Gaga is one of the 4 highest spin gainers on pop this week and it hasn't entered on the top 30 of iTunes for days. 

First of all, yes, the radio updates were extremely disappointing in the wake of coming off sale & increasingly worse updates on a daily basis for like a week. Email me at pdaines33 at gmail & I'll send you the charts. 

You are omitting the weaker audience impression gain rankings. I was actually hoping for a faster better reception at radio, but it is at least going somewhere. It's doing remarkably well considering ranking clear down at #49 on iTunes now. I feel like if it had been promoted to radio immediately, radio would have picked it up faster when it was at #1 on iTunes for its first four days of release, rather than after it started dropping sharply on iTunes. 

Anyways, it really just needs to survive long enough to get favorable callout scores, and then it will do well regardless of whether it has really taken off before then... 

I know the updates lately have been somewhat stagnant (in the US), but I'm still optimistic long-term. 

Supersonic
Just now, Monsterious said:

so bored of these long posts 

anyway

I downloaded Spotify today and started non-stop streaming The Cure since like 5pm. I hope I'll make a dent. :chica:

DeanWinchester
7 minutes ago, Denys said:

Wait at this tea :pray:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

ArtGagaPop

P4(1# station sweden)
today: 01.13 Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion :what:
Yesterday: 02.53 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is A Tramp :tony:

P3(#3)
Yesterday: 15.17 Lady Gaga - The Cure :lolly:
02.53 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is A Tramp :tony:

ARTGOD
4 minutes ago, Denys said:

Point is... It doesn't have to always be artistic! It can just be music: pleasing noise (Australia seems to like that noise a lot) 

That's the thing sis!, I'm not asking Gaga to be artistic, I'm asking her to be interesting and exciting, she made a song about touching her **** and it's a BOP because it's fun, catchy, it has personality and a fresh sound :music:

If Gaga is trying to make a simple, catchy and dumb song then I think she's failed, she has many of those and they're all better than TC :sleep:.

OT: I'm dying to hear Gaga often on Chilean radio again, the last time I heard something from her was in like 2014 with the DWUW remix with Christina (I don't listen to too much radio though), that was a loooong time ago, it's time she smashes in Latin America again, I remember when she used to DOMINATE here.

Supersonic

Thank God for the windows soundboard and being able to mute spotify in the mix. :pray: Otherwise my mind would have Cured itself to death. :pray:

Johncayse
Just now, ArtGagaPop said:

P4(1# station sweden)
Yesterday: 02.53 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is A Tramp :tony:

P3(#3)
Yesterday: 15.17 Lady Gaga - The Cure :lolly:
02.53 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - The Lady Is A Tramp :tony:

:laughga:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived