💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

10 minutes ago, ARTGOD said:

She's not above pop music, the fact that she manages to mix the fun, adrenaline, catchiness and straightforwardness of pop music with other genres, structures and influences is what makes her great, I'm not asking her to be experimental, avant garde, serious, or for every song to be a 7 minute magnum opus, my favorite album is ARTPOP  for crying out loud, I'm jus expecting pop music with personality, identity, some edge, something all of the songs you mentioned have.

PI has adrenaline, a lot of emotion, amazing vocals and fun disco-rock influences, Just Anoter Day is a fun Beatles inspired feel good track, Sexxx Dreams has amazing intricate production, an interesting theme and great switch up in the chorus, MANiCURE is powerful, fun, has great lyrics and a good electro rock vibe.

See? Pop music can be more than whispery vocals over a recycled pop beat, she's continued to make the best pop music there is for almost ten years, always fun, always against the tide, always with something unexpected, always a extremely well crafted, always full of personality and uniquely Gaga, something The Cure severely lacks in every way, that's why I think it's easily her worst song ever, and the fact that some LMs LIVE for the song and discredit what she's been doing since 2011 makes me very angry. 

I feel like some people are settling for anything remotely radio friendly just because it might grant Gaga a hit and because it feels "like pop Gaga has come back".

But i'll shut up about it or y'all will give me another WP :lolly:.

A very wise lady once said 'when you think you know lady gaga I want to remind you that u don't!' Half the songs on ARTPOP lacked 'personalities' don't delude yourself, gaga made the cure to show that she too can be chilled and 'cool'. Either u enjoy the song or don't bang the door on ur way out 

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pdaines
4 minutes ago, Naufri said:

1: MR topped iTunes charts 3 times Before SB and radios didn't spin it, or add it. Even after the SB Kiis was still reluctant and MR was selling better than ever.

2: HAC stations keeps playing it now that its sales are very poor, keeps reaching peaks on HAC radios, and even Z100 spin it more than TC some days.

1) MR topped iTunes, yes, but then it quickly fell. After the Super Bowl, they left it on sale and it stayed in the top 5 on iTunes for weeks, and radio gains were accelerating until it actually gained more than 3M overall on radio in one day. At that point, it was still clearly in the top ten on iTunes several weeks after the Super Bowl. 3M+ is what you expect during the growth curve of a #1 or #3 hit on radio. It's very strong. That day, they took it off sale, it dropped to like #38 on iTunes, and the next radio update was clear back down to 2M. The next several radio updates were each worse than the last. It never recovered. 

Eventually, the Callout Report came out & showed middling audience impressions (a substantial number LOVED MR, but a relatively high number disliked it). So, that would likely have caused it to slow and maybe reverse course anyways, but I'm still convinced that if it had remained on sale on iTunes, it would have kept growing at 2.5-3M+/day at least until the callout report was released, and its ultimate peak would have been substantially higher. 

2) MR always performed more strongly at HAC than at Pop. HAC was faster to pick it up, and slower to react to falling iTunes position. I think it was just a better fit for the format. However, it has peaked at HAC too, and is coming down now at a reasonable rate. It was ultimately a very legitimate top 5 hit at HAC, but its ascent and descent were actually pretty smooth & less bumpy than pop. 

Stargazer

I hope Gaga & Rih are going to the MET Gala tomorrow (still want that picture of them we never had) 

OT : 42. Bon Appétit (-3)

StarstruckIllusion
1 minute ago, Denys said:

A very wise lady once said 'when you think you know lady gaga I want to remind you that u don't!' Half the songs on ARTPOP lacked 'personalities' don't delude yourself, gaga made the cure to show that she too can be chilled and 'cool'. Either u enjoy the song or don't bang the door on ur way out 

Omg he really tried it with that bible of mess. Go awf tho. Why is he even here if he hates the song? Like, go seethe in a corner and don't rain on others' parade. 

OT: The Cure 

Monsterious
Just now, gagarihanna said:

I hope Gaga & Rih are going to the MET Gala tomorrow (still want that picture of them we never had) 

OT : 42. Bon Appétit (-3)

its loosing a spot on itunes each hour

:gum:

LittleHooker

The Cure-🇬🇧update: 

Official Top 40 Chart:

Spoiler

#19 The Cure (+4) ( 17th TOP 20 IN UK)

Mid-Week update tomorrow.

UK Radio Spins/ Playlist:

Spoiler

The Cure was played on BBC RADIO 1 (:pray:) on Cell Spellman's late afternoon show.

Spotify 🇬🇧:

Spoiler

🇬🇧TOP CHART 200:🇬🇧

16/04: #90 : 65,024

17/04: #84: 72,402 

18/04: #86: 78,743

19/04: #69: 91,034

20/04: #60:103,611

21/04: #48: 143,588

22/04: #49: 124,790

23/04: #46  123,083

24/04: #41  143,447 

25/04: #39  148,125

26/04: #35  156,058 

27/04: #33 160,311 

28/04: #34 161,615 

:tony:29/04: #32 (+2) 169,577 (+7,962) :tony:

TOTAL STREAMS SINCE RELEASE: 1,741,408

Apple Music 🇬🇧:

Spoiler

1. I'm the One (=)

35. The Cure (=)

40. Bon Appetit (-5)

iTunes🇬🇧

Spoiler

ediNq8c.png

Youtube WW:

Spoiler

#404 (-32) Lady Gaga - The Cure (Audio): 443,087

giphy.gif

also @Pray4FameGa you might find this a little interesting :happy:

1 minute ago, ChaosAngelX69 said:

Omg he really tried it with that bible of mess. Go awf tho. Why is he even here if he hates the song? Like, go seethe in a corner and don't rain on others' parade. 

OT: The Cure 

I Stan constructive criticism but when it becomes whining then that's all it is 

WHINNING!

StarstruckIllusion

Joanne is over. The Cure has started. That's all I have to say.

e6df24ab94fb8a282eea97f4d5986890.jpg?w=1

Stargazer

42. Bon Appétit

49. The Cure

where is the person saying that The Cure will be out of top 100 and BA above it ? :giggle:

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, asana15 said:

Album seller :tony:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Monsterious

the fact that the GP is not here for KP anymore

shocking how the pop girls are over

viniferrett

Is so funny to me that people that don't stan (hate) gaga make an account on a website dedicated to her just to **** on her lmao

Go live 

Naufri
2 minutes ago, pdaines said:

1) MR topped iTunes, yes, but then it quickly fell. After the Super Bowl, they left it on sale and it stayed in the top 5 on iTunes for weeks, and radio gains were accelerating until it actually gained more than 3M overall on radio in one day. At that point, it was still clearly in the top ten on iTunes several weeks after the Super Bowl. 3M+ is what you expect during the growth curve of a #1 or #3 hit on radio. It's very strong. That day, they took it off sale, it dropped to like #38 on iTunes, and the next radio update was clear back down to 2M. The next several radio updates were each worse than the last. It never recovered. 

Eventually, the Callout Report came out & showed middling audience impressions (a substantial number LOVED MR, but a relatively high number disliked it). So, that would likely have caused it to slow and maybe reverse course anyways, but I'm still convinced that if it had remained on sale on iTunes, it would have kept growing at 2.5-3M+/day at least until the callout report was released, and its ultimate peak would have been substantially higher. 

2) MR always performed more strongly at HAC than at Pop. HAC was faster to pick it up, and slower to react to falling iTunes position. I think it was just a better fit for the format. However, it has peaked at HAC too, and is coming down now at a reasonable rate. It was ultimately a very legitimate top 5 hit at HAC, but its ascent and descent were actually pretty smooth & less bumpy than pop. 

No, the radio updates weren't each one worst than the next, and a radio update lower than 2M can be already a very good update. 

HAC picked up MR earlier than POP but it wasn't fast by any mean, HAC was super slow and super reluctant, but less than pop radios.
Sales and itunes positions matters, but in the medium long run. Radios don't run to add your song because you are two weeks on the top 10, if you don't match the trend, or if they believe you're not popular between their listeners, or have been long time since your last radio hit.

They don't drop you fast if you match with they want to play. Gaga is one of the 4 highest spin gainers on pop this week and it hasn't entered on the top 30 of iTunes for days. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived