Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Chart Discussion: The Cure / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

Americano
2 minutes ago, junolxf said:

Shape of You still #2. Woof. 

Streaming + radio will do it. (AKA something Gaga's team is clearly trying with TC)

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
South Blonde

I think the problem with The Cure is that it's a little bit of everything yet nothing at the same time. It lacks smart or iconic lyrics (The Queen, Poker Face), hypnotic hooks (LoveGame, Bad Romance), a deep meaning (Marry The Night, Born This Way), a fun vibe (Just Dance, A-Yo), and a great and unique production/instrumental (Do What U Want, Alejandro) but tries its best anyway.

Would all this make it generic and forgettable? Yes.

Is it a bad song tho? We can argue on that, but mostly yes (in my opinion).

Will we still stream the **** out of it? I hope so :poot:

Spoiler

Don't come at me :ph34r:

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

emig09
Just now, Americano said:

Streaming + radio will do it. (AKA something Gaga's team is clearly trying with TC)

But #10 on iTunes :giveup:

gay engineer

Americano
Just now, South Blonde said:

I think the problem with The Cure is that it's a little bit of everything yet nothing at the same time. It lacks smart or iconic lyrics (The Queen, Poker Face), hypnotic hooks (LoveGame, Bad Romance), a deep meaning (Marry The Night, Born This Way), a fun vibe (Just Dance, A-Yo), and a great and unique production/instrumental (Do What U Want, Alejandro) but tries its best anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

Someone hold my drink

giphy.gif

Supersonic

Yeah, I agree it "would have," but radio was always going to be reluctant and then its callout scores were nothing special.

I mean they were nothing special because the song had been a single for 5 months already. It had sold 800k pure already at the point of call-outs. It was to be expected tbh. :chica:

viniferrett
1 minute ago, Americano said:

She could be having major issues with Capitol at the root of it, which I can empathize with since we all know how bad management really messed Gaga up for awhile.

yeah, she needs a brake

she should postpone her album release since it doesn't have a date yet and fix whatever is ****ing her up 

Americano
Just now, emig09 said:

But #10 on iTunes :giveup:

It's nuts but it's because he has well over 200M AI. 

emig09

It's nuts but it's because he has well over 200M AI. 

True. I feel better now :gaycat:

gay engineer

Supersonic
1 minute ago, South Blonde said:

Reveal hidden contents

I actually kind of agree with this. I hope this becomes a hit for Gaga and I'll support it, but on my personal fave list it's not within the Top 20 for aforementioned reasons. At least it's not Dancin' in Circles kind of awful :ph34r:

Americano
Just now, viniferrett said:

yeah, she needs a brake

she should postpone her album release since it doesn't have a date yet and fix whatever is ****ing her up 

I agree. I also think all of the stan wars aside, if she takes time to reset, figure out what's going on with her management, and go back to her core sound she'll be able to roar back onto radio. It's not like her career is over or that she's done irreparable damage, it's just.. Very bizarre what's happening. I have to wonder what Gaga thinks of it, since she's always in tune with what's happening in the pop world.

ViviLittleM

if it stays 3 more weeks on the BB200, The Fame will become the 9th longest-charting female album ever (186 weeks).

Americano
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

if it stays 3 more weeks on the BB200, The Fame will become the 9th longest-charting female album ever (186 weeks).

time to make it 99 cents on Amazon

:poot:

ArtGagaPop

Can we stop dissing the lyrics and sound of the cure please :poot:
We all know it was made to mend her radio releationship, ww appeal and her streaming problems and it's looking good so far. The song has a amazing chorus, great pre chorus(so baby tell me yes) and a cute message. Every song she makes doesn't need to have 100 metaphors or a very deep and important meaning like born this way. The cure is on par with songs like just dance, telephone etc and was exactly what she needed right now. 

GagaStan95
5 minutes ago, South Blonde said:

Hide contents

As if all the successful songs of today has all the characteristics you just mentioned. Girl no.. I agree with the fact it's not her best song lyrically but I think that's the point of general lyrics: doing success. A lot of songs today have really general lyrics and had success as well: Let Me Love You, Cold Water, It Aint Me, Hands To Myself etc

• Admin locked this topic

Archived