Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Caitlyn Jenner "Yes, I voted Trump"

boobtank

Featured Posts

Bebe

As this is a largely LGBT forum it's disheartening to see people use male pronouns to describe Caitlyn. You don't need to like her, you don't need to agree with her political positions - but you shouldn't have to be transphobic to make your point.

If Ellen Degeneres surprised the world and said she voted for Trump I wouldn't expect this forum to go around calling her a 'dyke' it would be seen as offensive and disrespectful. To go around calling Caitlyn a 'man' or to refer to her as 'Bruce' is just as offensive and disrespectful.

If you are a part of the LGBT community, lets not forget the 'T' at the end - because they are still the most vulnerable members of our community and have been fighting on your behalf for decades. I cannot think of a scenario when it's okay to resort to misgendering a trans person, deny their gender identity or to make fun of their gender identity because you dislike them.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaEffect
2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

As this is a largely LGBT forum it's disheartening to see people use male pronouns to describe Caitlyn. You don't need to like her, you don't need to agree with her political positions - but you shouldn't have to be transphobic to make your point.

If Ellen Degeneres surprised the world and said she voted for Trump I wouldn't expect this forum to go around calling her a 'dyke' it would be seen as offensive and disrespectful. To go around calling Caitlyn a 'man' or to refer to her as 'Bruce' is just as offensive and disrespectful.

If you are a part of the LGBT community, lets not forget the 'T' at the end - because they are still the most vulnerable members of our community and have been fighting on your behalf for decades. I cannot think of a scenario when it's okay to resort to misgendering a trans person, deny their gender identity or to make fun of their gender identity because you dislike them.

amen

TheCure

Wow the tolerance in this thread... Pretty disgusting words about Jenner just because you don't agree with her politically. I guess all the "love and equality" talk is just that, talk.

TheCure
13 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

She is Republican because they feed the rich :toofunny:

How did Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton become multimillionaires while in public office?  

TheCure
16 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I can't respect him. I can't respect this person. He did nothing for LGBTQ community, he said he is not here for gay marriage even tho he is part of the community.. I can't with him. And yes I'm saying "him" on purpose. 

By doing that you are admitting you hold no core principles.

TheCure
17 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

You're probably a delusional idiot so that explains that

No, just pragmatic.  The US has massive problems in many ways.  Nobody has taken any of my rights away since the election.

TheCure
18 hours ago, kizurl said:

Ya'll don't even realize this is a good thing. If everyone in this 'community' is a leftist we'd be marginalizing ourselves. Politics isn't about what's 'right' because that's debatable, it's about what's winning.

Exactly.  Donald Trump held up the rainbow flag at his rally and also vowed to protect LGBT at the Republican convention of all places.  No Republican candidate has ever done such a thing before.

Harry
14 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Transphobic?.. I am not against trans people, I also have friend on GGD who is trans.. I am against people who are awful. Thank you and have a great day.

So if you disagree with someone of a different race to you, do you stoop to belittling them by making derogatory racial slurs against them? If you disagree with a gay person, would you call them the F word?

Misgendering a trans person based on their gender identity just because you disagree with their politics is incredibly low, and I believe it's disrespectful to the struggles faced by the trans people as a whole. If you insult the gender identity of a trans individual, can you really claim to be supportive of the trans community as a whole? I just know that if a straight friend of mine mocked the sexuality of a gay man because they didn't like him personally and then tried to use me as evidence that they aren't homophobic, I'd be disgusted.

I'm not coming at you right now, just trying to ask you to consider this in a different way. Because the amount of disregard for stuff like this is upsetting.

Regina George
42 minutes ago, Harry said:

So if you disagree with someone of a different race to you, do you stoop to belittling them by making derogatory racial slurs against them? If you disagree with a gay person, would you call them the F word?

Misgendering a trans person based on their gender identity just because you disagree with their politics is incredibly low, and I believe it's disrespectful to the struggles faced by the trans people as a whole. If you insult the gender identity of a trans individual, can you really claim to be supportive of the trans community as a whole? I just know that if a straight friend of mine mocked the sexuality of a gay man because they didn't like him personally and then tried to use me as evidence that they aren't homophobic, I'd be disgusted.

I'm not coming at you right now, just trying to ask you to consider this in a different way. Because the amount of disregard for stuff like this is upsetting.

I saw a lot of trans people calling her "him".. so does that mean that they don't respect trans people? I said he cuz she is acting like she's not trans and pleae stop with "you are transphobic" comments cuz that is not true. If you think that calling her "him" is a problem then you should check facebook comments under every post about her. And you say.. I'm not coming for you.. but you are doing that. Have a great day. 

Harry
Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

I saw a lot of trans people calling her "him".. so does that mean that they don't respect trans people? I said he cuz she is acting like she's not trans and pleae stop with "you are transphobic" comments cuz that is not true. If you think that calling her "him" is a problem then you should check facebook comments under every post about her. And you say.. I'm not coming for you.. but you are doing that. Have a great day. 

I think it's just as bad as when gay people call each other "*******s". It's normalising something that's upsetting to a lot of people, people that would probably themselves be offended if someone spoke to them like that.

Note I never said "you are transphobic", so I'm not sure why you're asking me to stop saying that. But it's a very insensitive way of speaking about trans people and it's upsetting that you claim to care about the LGBT community yet won't even consider the weight of referring to a transwoman with male pronouns.

"If you think that calling her "him" is a problem then you should check facebook comments under every post about her" ... This is exactly my point, though? I'm fully aware of how common it is, and it IS a problem. The frequency of it doesn't mean it should be accepted. The opposite, in fact.

Regina George
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think it's just as bad as when gay people call each other "*******s". It's normalising something that's upsetting to a lot of people, people that would probably themselves be offended if someone spoke to them like that.

Note I never said "you are transphobic", so I'm not sure why you're asking me to stop saying that. But it's a very insensitive way of speaking about trans people and it's upsetting that you claim to care about the LGBT community yet won't even consider the weight of referring to a transwoman with male pronouns.

"If you think that calling her "him" is a problem then you should check facebook comments under every post about her" ... This is exactly my point, though? I'm fully aware of how common it is, and it IS a problem. The frequency of it doesn't mean it should be accepted. The opposite, in fact.

Okay I edited my original post to "her". I will say this one more time and i'm done with this thread. The problem is not her being trans.. the problem is her being awful person.. Look at Laverne Cox who is also a trans person and everyone on facebook loves her and respects her and I never saw anyone calling her "he". 

Harry
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Okay I edited my original post to "her". I will say this one more time and i'm done with this thread. The problem is not her being trans.. the problem is her being awful person.. Look at Laverne Cox who is also a trans person and everyone on facebook loves her and respects her and I never saw anyone calling her "he". 

Thank you. I think you're missing the point a bit, though. No one is criticising you for believing that she is a bad person. In fact, most, like myself, would agree. If the problem is not her being trans, then her being trans should not be used to insult her. It's really that simple. If you believe that being trans is fine and you support it, then it makes no sense to hold it against a trans person. Hope you understand.

Gaga Monster

First off, everyone has the right to vote for who they want to vote for. You may disagree with them, but guess what, there is not right choice for anything. Caitlyn is an amazing women, I watched her special last night, great person. Just because you disagree with who she voted for doesn't make her a bad person, sell out, or anything bad like that. You are not superior to Caitlyn because you voted for someone else. Show some respect and I am truly disgusted with some comments here.

GGD Presidential Elections

Regina George
2 hours ago, TheCure said:

By doing that you are admitting you hold no core principles.

I hold no core principles? 

And you said "LGBTQ community is only 5% of the population, we have bigger problems" Muslims are also minorities.. should we kill them all? Hmm also poor people.. Should we kill them too only cuz they are minorities and only cuz we have bigger problems? 

Have a great day. 

Archived