Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Is 2017 the revival of Pop music?

Moebius

Featured Posts

Moebius

So many artists are releasing so many songs, the pop scene is full of life again imo :air: Like them or not, we had Katy, Selena, Gaga :giveup: , Nicki, Lana :giveup: , we have Snake releasing an album as much as I hate it, Zayn, Harry, Kendrick... :air: from the absolute trash boring music scene that was 2016 and the years before (2013 was when music started going downhill tbh), I believe that 2017 is the revival of it. We have many pop acts filling in that void and we keep talking about videos, songs, performances... we finally have variety again. While true that not all the songs are "perfect" or "iconic", it's the first time I've heard people talking about pop culture in quite a long time.

IDK just felt like we finally got a year with more life than usual :gum: 

Of course didn't put ginger bread man here, he can choke :kara: 

giphy.gif the true hit of 2017 :giveup: 

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

CatelynnMarie

There is definitely a music revival happening this year. SO many amazing releases happening this year and I literally cannot breathe. 

Arcanum

It doesn't feel like 2008-2009 at all.

Back then synthpop music was reinvented in a way that made everyone thirsty. A thirst that wasn't around ever since rnb & jack swing came in the game back in the 90's. Props to Gaga for this fortunate turn of events.

Now it feels reductive, like most songs are looping in together with generic samples. It's definetely not the renaissence of pop music. It's just a shine in between dark imperial music ages.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

juju

IDK 2016 was exciting for music, we had new Beyonce, Rihanna, Gaga, Solange, Gwen Stefani, JoJo, and lesser known artists like KING, Banks, and Niki and the Dove released great albums. I definitely enjoyed last year more than, say, 2015.

So far, this year has been really lit though. Lot's of great releases, and a lot more on the way.

❤ x ❤

abortionqueen

It's too bad that most popular songs these days are generic and horrible :giveup: I wish that more lesser-known artists would get a little more attention so that radio stations don't always play the same songs :lolly:

vocally you can't find the right key to an unlocked door

Arcanum

We' ve lost the superstar value. There is no new generation of artists to bring the "new extravaganza" type of work: Concept albums with strong visuals, mystery around their persona and statements without being cringey.

Let's face it sistrens. All we got left with is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta. :kara:

Protect ha. Love ha.

tumblr_m81c3vXjHD1qfqzs8o1_500.gif

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

PaperGypsy

sort of I guess, but i'm just waiting for my faves to release a new album (gaga is the only one who has, but joanne is my least fave solo album by her)

for me there is still several holes that need filling!

what kind of bubblegum have you been blowing lately?

xoxo Craig

It will only be saved if Gaga releases an EP with more tracks like The Cure, Katy finally releasing KP4 and giving us those bops she was teasing last year 

End Racism Now

HausOfMiklaus

Even Paramore with their evolved new 80s-influenced track, similarly with Lorde and her collaborations with Jack Antonoff. We are so spoiled for new music, I feel like all my faves are back this year. :pray:

There are SO many good up and coming artists too!! Troye Sivan and MUNA to name a couple :diane: the pop music industry is finally finding its footing in the streaming world 

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Archived