💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

review

New York Post: The Cure 'A Dud'

boobtank

Featured Posts

boobtank

Lady Gaga’s latest single is another dud

ladygaga.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1328

The classic rock spirit of Lady Gaga’s last album “Joanne” ailed a lot of her long time fans. But title aside, the New Yorker’s new single “The Cure” isn’t the musical healer it’s meant to be.

Unveiled during her Saturday night headline set at Coachella (where she filled in for a heavily pregnant Beyoncé), the track signals a turn back to her dance pop roots – something that was no doubt promoted by the lukewarm critical and commercial reception to 2016’s “Joanne.”

The problem is, it’s alarmingly generic, with an instrumental hook that sounds like it was regurgitated directly from Justin Bieber’s 2015 smash “Sorry.” If Gaga’s 2013 album “ARTPOP” often sounded like her trying too hard, “The Cure” seems like she’s not trying hard enough.

But the Little Monsters should keep the faith, because there is one place that Gaga is continuing to slay: the stage. Her Super Bowl LI halftime performance in Houston back in February was universally praised, and sent “Joanne” standout “Million Reasons” rocketing to No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart immediately after.

Link: http://nypost.com/2017/04/17/lady-gagas-latest-single-is-another-dud/

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moebius

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

venusfly

Isnt this what most of us think tho, its a cute lil generic bop thats not bad but its missing the strength gaga's songs usually have. still keep it on replay tho

Teal Ambition

While it seems like many people are comparing this to Bieber's sound; I find it sounds so much like her old work (Second Time Around, Eh Eh, Nothing On But The Radio).

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

These articles don't get as much attention as fans think anyway lol

lowkey delete this thread

giphy.gif

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Neight Shayde

well she gets a free pass in my book.

it's like level 1 generic, but hey it's on repeat more than perfect illusion (and i fffing love perfect illusion) so it's fine.

boobtank
1 minute ago, ARTnFAME said:

lowkey delete this thread

I'm posting both positive and negative articles, I don't want to create the false idea that she's getting no criticism :gaycat:

TheBatman

Whatever I love the song and thats all that matters to me! She won me back. First it was Diamond Heart, Ayo, and Joanne. Then slaying the damn superbowl. Coachella gave me so much life, and the new bop. I love her again. Today at least! :-) 

lego

Trying too hard

Not trying hard enough 

are these people ever satisfied? :madge:

FreePalestine

Archived