opinion

Shout out to Kim Kardashian

Bebe

Featured Posts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AphroditeLaydee

Yep. That sex tape could have been really bad for a person, but she said 'NOPE' and made literally the best out of the situation. I don't get why people hate on them for being famous, it's not their fault people are interested in them. They're just people doing what they can to make money and survive--literally what everyone does. They live on their own hustle, and I actually think Kim's very strong for not giving anything about what people think of her. 

They get their money by filming TV shows, doing promo, making effective and efficient business decisions, and by being celebrities--it's not like they're doing some illegal and evil things. 

I'm not a fan, and I do get a kick out of their ridiculous lifestyles and situations, but hating on them seems unnecessarily tiresome.

AphroditeLaydee
8 hours ago, SEANGT said:

Don't hate the player hate the game. Capitalism is what y'all hate, not the Kardashians. 

THIS! YAS THIS SO MUCH!

Giorno Giovanna
22 hours ago, Bebe said:

It's funny to see how people can't separate their hatred of the vapid celebrity the Kardashians represent with how impressive it is to build a brand like the Kardashian brand and evolve it in the way they have.

I hate Coca Cola, it's unhealthy and disgusting - but it's impressive that the brand is able to sell billions of people brown, sugary water and sell it as happiness in a bottle and to build a billion dollar brand selling this brown sugar water as something that unites everyone regardless of colour or creed.

c85c00f6338187abe839dee3f5b53710.jpgCoca-Cola-open-happiness1.jpg.jpgcoke-taste-the-feeling-2.jpgcoke-taste-the-feeling-11.jpg

Taste the feeling?? Open happiness?? 

I mean... We can talk all day about how Coke has led to all sorts of problems from obesity to rotten teeth and diabetes, we can talk about the environmental impact coke cans and plastic bottles have had, we can share videos of people cleaning rust with coca cola.

It's still impressive that a billion dollar industry is selling people all over the world brown sugar water. That it's seen as the superior brand of brown sugar water. That it's available all over the world. Billions have been made from selling brown, sugary water. It's fascinating.

We can talk for pages about how awful coke is and how awful the Kardashians are, but it's impressive that coke has made billions selling.... brown sugar water and it's impressive that Kim Kardashian has been able to build a hundred million dollar empire based on... herself.

your style and flow of argumentation is really well done, clean and simple while providing a good example that supports your argument 

:golfclap:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Bebe
4 hours ago, ToughHooker said:

your style and flow of argumentation is really well done, clean and simple while providing a good example that supports your argument 

:golfclap:

Aww thank you :hug: 
I feel like I've just gotten marks back for an essay I've written or something :laughga: 

Giorno Giovanna
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

Aww thank you :hug: 
I feel like I've just gotten marks back for an essay I've written or something :laughga: 

you are welcome, usually i wouldn't compliment someone on something like that, but it liked the way you got your point across. logical structured.

more people could try to logically reason their arguments

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

StrawberryBlond

I agree. I don't watch their show or buy any of their products (though I'm tempted with those Kylie lip kits, I've just seen really good reviews of them) but I like Kim in a way I can't really explain. I think I admire how far she's come despite all the odds being stacked against her, as you've said. To become famous from a sex tape really is the kind of thing that can limit you to 1-2 years of fame, no matter how you try to expand on it. There have been celebrities like Pamela Anderson who have gone on to have successful careers and longevity despite a sex tape, but she was already famous when that tape came out, so it's a different thing. To have continued fame despite being introduced to the world through a sex tape is really something. I also appreciate how Kim has left that side of her behind. Her aim is to get classier over time, even though not everywhere thinks she's achieved that. She's made the best of herself. She's now a wife and mother and this relationship is setting out to be the longest she's ever had. She proved the world wrong by still being with Kanye for near enough 5 years now, so clearly, they're not some sort of publicity stunt arrangement or she would have ended things much sooner. I also think it's clear that she really loves Kanye and her kids. I don't think she'd stay with him this amount of time throughout his money troubles and mental breakdowns if she wasn't serious about him. You can slam them as a couple all you want, but they've lasted longer than some respected Hollywood couples and she has the same father for both her children, which is also rare in Hollywood. But because she's Kim K, we're led to think of her as trashy regardless. And even though it's not 'work' as most of us know it, she does do modelling and marketing work, even a little bit of acting. A lot of young women who had been born into her rich status in life would just simply live off their family's wealth and never work at all.

Love them or hate them, it's admirable to have that many years of fame (and counting) these days. The media can't dictate who's popular anymore, the public decide, and they can also decide how long these people stay successful. So, if the Kardashians have made their fame last this long, that's good business sense that should be commended. And well, if Kim carries on in her quest of exposing Taylor Swift's true persona and making shady Trump statements, I think I may start to like her more and more!

On 11/04/2017 at 1:22 PM, CrazyMonster said:

Another part of the reason they've maintained stardom is because they keep on appropriating black culture.

Now, you have got to be kidding me. How is getting surgery to get a bigger butt and lips appropriation of black culture? You don't have to be black to have those traits naturally. Plus, you can want those traits in order to look like a voluptuous white woman, not necessarily as a black woman. And if they're attracted to black men, so what? You can't help who you're attracted to and if you want to date outside your own race, that shows you're an open-minded person. There's a lot of black men in LA (not to mention, every race), so naturally, their chance of having a mixed race relationship is higher. You can't appropriate black culture by dating a black person. And even if this was their intention, how does surgery to create black features and dating someone black help you to become successful? I have the feeling you're just saying this stuff without actually pausing to consider the logistics of what you're saying.

The Child
25 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Now, you have got to be kidding me. How is getting surgery to get a bigger butt and lips appropriation of black culture? You don't have to be black to have those traits naturally. Plus, you can want those traits in order to look like a voluptuous white woman, not necessarily as a black woman. And if they're attracted to black men, so what? You can't help who you're attracted to and if you want to date outside your own race, that shows you're an open-minded person. There's a lot of black men in LA (not to mention, every race), so naturally, their chance of having a mixed race relationship is higher. You can't appropriate black culture by dating a black person. And even if this was their intention, how does surgery to create black features and dating someone black help you to become successful? I have the feeling you're just saying this stuff without actually pausing to consider the logistics of what you're saying.

Gurl you need to calm down. Learn to read. Where did I say that when you get surgery done you're appropriating black culture? Where did I say that marrying black men was appropriating black culture? I have a feeling you didn't even think before writing all of this. You basically created words I never said to make your point. Next time ask me why I think they're appropriating black culture instead of jumping to conclusions.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

StrawberryBlond
17 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Gurl you need to calm down. Learn to read. Where did I say that when you get surgery done you're appropriating black culture? Where did I say that marrying black men was appropriating black culture? I have a feeling you didn't even think before writing all of this. You basically created words I never said to make your point. Next time ask me why I think they're appropriating black culture instead of jumping to conclusions.

Because what other reason could there possibly be? Oh, I just remembered that Kylie got dreadlocks once. But even so, she was heavily criticised for that, the only ones who liked it was her diehard fans who will like anything she does anyway. Don't believe certain people who try to tell you that she was widely praised, I refuse to allow history to be written according to a PC agenda. And Kylie quickly dropped that look when she realised that she was just going to get hate for it, so it hardly made her more popular. And hairstyles are hairstyles, anyone can wear them and anyone can get hate for them too. But I'd be intrigued to know if there's anything else you consider appropriation.

Katharine Hepburn

You forgot the new york times best selling book Selfish

xoxo Joanne

Archived