opinion

Shout out to Kim Kardashian

Bebe

Featured Posts

Bebe
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

is it hard tho?

it's just money

Of course it's hard! I can't find Snooki on the cover of Vogue and she was a star in a reality T.V show! I can't spot Farrah Abraham's $200 million earning game/app and she starred in a sex tape! 

I'm not going to doubt she had advantages over other people, her father represented O.J Simpson - her step father Caitlin Jenner is an olympic star, she was friends with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.

but she got into the spotlight due to a sex tape with Ray J and from that she managed to score a hit reality show that's somehow managed 13 seasons (again name a reality show like that with 13 seasons) and has managed to evolve her brand from 'trashy, sex tape, reality star' to Vogue cover star, high fashion business mogul and has managed to stretch out 15 minutes of fame to 10 years of fame.

The way she has built and evolved her brand is absolutely impressive and hard :shrug: If you can name one other person who was on the cover of Playboy for their first magazine cover and ended up covering Vogue than I'd like to hear about that person, but that's not something that generally happens - because it's hard to pivot your brand in such a drastic way.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child
3 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

Yeah, still don't agree  Who doesn't 'appropriate culture' these days? 

You'd be better of quoting someone else if you want to get into this kind of debate. I've said my views on it several times. No need to be a broken record 

You don't seem to get my point.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Pharamon
1 hour ago, Bebe said:

How is it not impressive? :confused: 

I'm not even a fan of the Kardashian/Jenner clan, but building a hundred million dollar empire around your self? That's impressive. Going from trashy, sex tape star to Vogue covers and apps that have made over $200 million? That's impressive.

I guess we just have different priorities.

Ashley
2 hours ago, Jenniferella said:

That said, they are what make young girls go wrong and feel bad about themselves. Nothing about them is even remotely real and it genuinely hurts me to see all those young girls in the streets having the exact same make up, style etc.

They are profiting off stupid/weak people.

It's hard to have any respect for them when they lie about their surgeries. They have a young impressionable following who think that look is attainable. Don't even get me started on Khloe's new show Revenge Body, where she helps people get in shape like she did. Like no honey, that body did not come from hard work but a team of talented doctors.

Dominic
4 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Of course it's hard! I can't find Snooki on the cover of Vogue and she was a star in a reality T.V show! I can't spot Farrah Abraham's $200 million earning game/app and she starred in a sex tape! 

I'm not going to doubt she had advantages over other people, her father represented O.J Simpson - her step father Caitlin Jenner is an olympic star, she was friends with Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.

That's the thing. Kim was always one step ahead. The mobile app sparked countless imitations, her Kimoji icons are doing well and even her family are continously seeking out and succeeding in business endeavours.  

I mean come on, through the power of their branding and marketing eye, people are spending millions on lip kits from a girl who 1 year ago had no lip. That's the power of their brand. 

Not everyone can achieve that. They're more than just a sex tape now. Every move was so strategic. Look at Kim releasing the Tswift tapes just after the episode aired. They aren't stupid and talentless women. Quite the opposite really. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Bebe
8 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I know it's off topic but why people still think Britney is a crazy girl who shaved her head when she has changed so much since then? :madge:

Cause it's hard to do I suppose :shrug: 

I mean that's the thing - it's so difficult to so drastically change your brand like that. 

I'm no expert, otherwise I'd be worth a couple of hundred million dollars and be on the cover of magazines, but I think part of the problem for Britney is that her breakdown kinda started at the VMA awards when she performed Gimme More. It was a huge lipsync scandal and people criticised her performance and she hasn't been able to successfully pivot from that. When her next album Circus came out her tour was plagued by lip-syncing claims and they have continued to follow her.

Also, unfortunately, in her interviews she is known for coming across kinda robotic and awkward at times and considering her history I think that translates to vulnerable and fragile. She doesn't seem carefree and easy, which is understandable and not meant as a criticism, but I think a more outgoing and funny Britney would help make her seem more 'adjusted' while her awkwardness seems to be rooted in anxiety which again brings people back to her mental health.

I think Britney has actually done rather well tbf and I think mental health is so heavily stigmatised that it's really impressive to see how far she has recovered.

Sam Dey
2 hours ago, Bebe said:

I think that's a bit OTT.

Like I said, there is a lot to criticise the Kardashian/Jenner clan about, but their public transformations and the way they have cultivated their brand is very impressive.

lol why tho? they were already a bit famous in the beginning. It just took a sex tape to gain this much public attention. And that's not hard to make. You think that's impressive? :awkney:

Bebe
3 minutes ago, Dominic Marc said:

That's the thing. Kim was always one step ahead. The mobile app sparked countless imitations, her Kimoji icons are doing well and even her family are continously seeking out and succeeding in business endeavours.  

I mean come on, through the power of their branding and marketing eye, people are spending millions on lip kits from a girl who 1 year ago had no lip. That's the power of their brand. 

Not everyone can achieve that. They're more than just a sex tape now. Every move was so strategic. Look at Kim releasing the Tswift tapes just after the episode aired. They aren't stupid and talentless women. Quite the opposite really. 

Absolutely! She is so totally in control of her image. Kris obviously deserved credit too, I know she has been a brilliant manager.

I mean, maybe if it was just Kim you could try to claim it was a fluke, but like you mentioned Kylie Jenner is now part of the brand and has this hugely successful lip kit even though hers are enhanced :smh:  Kendall Jenner is now a supermodel who walks in VS fashion shows... 

The Kardashians are experts at managing and evolving their brands. They have business minds.

Dominic
2 minutes ago, Sam Dey said:

lol why tho? they were already a bit famous in the beginning. It just took a sex tape to gain this much public attention. And that's not hard to make. You think that's impressive? :awkney:

A sex tape from over 10 years ago. Not hard to make but almost impossible to go from sucking d*** to Forbes richest. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Bebe
3 minutes ago, Sam Dey said:

Of course it's impressive :smh:

No a sex tape isn't hard to make - what's hard to make is a lasting brand from a sex tape that ends up with a 13 season reality show with countless spin offs, a $200 million game/app, multiple Vogue covers and ten years in the spotlight.

Like I said to another member, where is Farrah Abraham on Paris fashion week? She had a sex tape... Where is Snooki's Vogue cover? She was the star of a reality show...What the hell happened to Paris Hilton? She was once the biggest star on the planet and had both a Reality show and a sex tape! 

It's hard to capitalise off such a fleeting moment of fame and turn that into 10 years in the spotlight, a combined net worth of over $300 million, a 13 season television show, Vogue covers, super model siblings, apps/games, make up kits, talk shows, hosting gigs on talent shows and so on.

The Kardashian brand is very clearly impressive. If it was as easy as you are making it out to be I'd be releasing my sex tape now and calling Anna Wintour. 

The Child
4 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Cause it's hard to do I suppose :shrug: 

I mean that's the thing - it's so difficult to so drastically change your brand like that. 

I'm no expert, otherwise I'd be worth a couple of hundred million dollars and be on the cover of magazines, but I think part of the problem for Britney is that her breakdown kinda started at the VMA awards when she performed Gimme More. It was a huge lipsync scandal and people criticised her performance and she hasn't been able to successfully pivot from that. When her next album Circus came out her tour was plagued by lip-syncing claims and they have continued to follow her.

Also, unfortunately, in her interviews she is known for coming across kinda robotic and awkward at times and considering her history I think that translates to vulnerable and fragile. She doesn't seem carefree and easy, which is understandable and not meant as a criticism, but I think a more outgoing and funny Britney would help make her seem more 'adjusted' while her awkwardness seems to be rooted in anxiety which again brings people back to her mental health.

I think Britney has actually done rather well tbf and I think mental health is so heavily stigmatised that it's really impressive to see how far she has recovered.

Britney's breakdown way earlier than the VMAs 2007 and the controversy around her lipsynching has been going on since 1999-2000.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Bebe
21 minutes ago, Skrill said:

I guess we just have different priorities.

:smh: It's nothing to do with priorities. You trying to make out as if I'm obsessed with Kim Kardashian and think she is a great person because she has millions of dollars is missing the point.

Like I've previously said, I don't like Coca Cola. It's disgusting and unhealthy. It's contributed to obesity, diabetes, rotten teeth, heart problems and a range of health issues. The pollution from their cans and bottles have had a catastrophic effect on the environment. They have practiced animal testing, which is very cruel. 

I could spend pages criticising Coca Cola, but it's f*cking impressive that they have been able to build a billion dollar empire that stretches across the world and is recognised by everyone by selling brown, sugar water.

It's impressive that they have built a brand that people associate as the superior brown, sugar water. It's impressive that they have pivoted their brand and created sugar free "sweetened" brown water and advertised themselves as happiness in a bottle and managed to somehow create billions of dollars selling brown sugar water to people.

You might not like it, you might not think it's a good product - but what they have achieved is fascinating and impressive :shrug:  Same with the Kardashians.

Bebe
5 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Britney's breakdown way earlier than the VMAs 2007 and the controversy around her lipsynching has been going on since 1999-2000.

Ehh, I mean you could call her marriage breakdowns and all of that part of the 'breakdown' period - but really it was the 2007 VMA performance that made everything blow up as large as it did.

As for the lip-syncing controversy, sure - but she was still delivering iconic performances and music videos - she was still polished. The 2007 VMA performance was a wreck.

It's kinda off topic though :laughga: 

Pharamon
3 minutes ago, Bebe said:

:smh: It's nothing to do with priorities. You trying to make out as if I'm obsessed with Kim Kardashian and think she is a great person because she has millions of dollars is missing the point.

Like I've previously said, I don't like Coca Cola. It's disgusting and unhealthy. It's contributed to obesity, diabetes, rotten teeth, heart problems and a range of health issues. The pollution from their cans and bottles have had a catastrophic effect on the environment. They have practiced animal testing, which is very cruel. 

I could spend pages criticising Coca Cola, but it's f*cking impressive that they have been able to build a billion dollar empire that stretches across the world and is recognised by everyone by selling brown, sugar water.

It's impressive that they have built a brand that people associate as the superior brown, sugar water. It's impressive that they have pivoted their brand and created sugar free "sweetened" brown water and advertised themselves as happiness in a bottle and managed to somehow create billions of dollars selling brown sugar water to people.

You might not like it, you might not think it's a good product - but what they have achieved is fascinating and impressive :shrug:  Same with the Kardashians.

writes an entire essay ... oh the hypocrisy XD

Bebe
Just now, Skrill said:

writes an entire essay ... oh the hypocrisy XD

:smh: None of that was even about Kim Kardashian

I find the way the Kardashian clan have built such a large brand and sustained it for such a long time extremely fascinating and impressive :shrug: I don't think you even understand what the topic is about, you're just writing dismissive comments because you don't like Kim Kardashian... Which is fine, just irrelevant.

Archived