MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

MaryJaneHolland

Beat Goes On

tumblr_mmuhtbKNy41rxml8no1_500.gif

Highest score: 10 - @Dimitris Theodorakis @Erotica

Lowest score: 4 - @The Fame Joanne

Comments:

You have the opportunity to work with Kanye West, the golden boy at the time, and that’s what you come up with? It’s not a bad song, but I was disappointed then and I never listen to it anymore. - @Bio

A sparkly hip-hop comedown from the overlong mess that is Incredible. I always thought this would be a single cause it's very catchy and Kanye's rap is good. It's radio-friendly enough. - @KING ELIZABITCH

This song is extremely repetitive.  Catchy but eh.  There's not much going for it. - @KingOfTheClouds

This was one of the two songs that had leaked before the album release, along with ‘Candy Shop’. So, when I heard it on the album, though heavily reworked, it was not much of a surprise. Not a bad one, but not one of my faves. - @Turuncan

A decent disco bop, but Pharrell, again, tries to make his presence known which ruins the chemistry Madonna has with the song and with Kanye. Moreover, this song would work great in a live setting, but it doesn't work for a pop song of this nature. Despite this, it just sounds so empty and manufactured. Disco from the 70s sounded so full of life and exuberance. Once Kanye starts rapping is when the song actually improves, but that energy by the end is what the song should have had since the beginning of it. Lowkey felt this was going to be another six minute song but thankfully it wasn't. - @xoxo cupcakke

Beat Goes On heads back to the musical elements She's Not Me brought to the table and while it's fun and poppy, overall it's hit and miss for this listener.  Madonna's vocals aren't very impressive and the song hits it's peak too early. - @MonsterJames333

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gia Gunn said:

M.E.S.S. this one is an absolute bop and yall let it go before 4 Minutes and Heartbeat :madge: 

tumblr_nm7frabw3Q1tdnvrao1_500.gif

The Fame Joanne

Yes, I gave it thee shittiest score and helped to defeat the evil :firega:

Gia Gunn
1 minute ago, Bio said:

tumblr_nm7frabw3Q1tdnvrao1_500.gif

I won't fight you cause you made me cackle SO loudly I think my mom might've heard :air: 

Spoiler

Still pressed tho :poot: 

1 minute ago, Gia Gunn said:

M.E.S.S. this one is an absolute bop and yall let it go before 4 Minutes and Heartbeat :madge: 

It was my lowest score :giggle:

Gia Gunn
Just now, KingOfTheClouds said:

It was my lowest score :giggle:

How could ya rate this lower than 4 Minutes :madge: 

2 minutes ago, Gia Gunn said:

I won't fight you cause you made me cackle SO loudly I think my mom might've heard :air: 

Reveal hidden contents

Still pressed tho :poot: 

Don't worry sis, if there's any justice in the world 4 Minutes is next

John Slayne

Beat Goes On is great but 4 Minutes is THAT bop! :whitney: deserves at least top 5 tbf

The Fame Joanne
1 minute ago, Gia Gunn said:

How could ya rate this lower than 4 Minutes :madge: 

Bc bad songs get rated lower than good songs. Those are the rules :lolly:

Gia Gunn
Just now, Bio said:

Don't worry sis, if there's any justice in the world 4 Minutes is next

The thing is that there isn't any justice sis, that's what the Bionic, Animal+Cannibal and other rates have taught us, the lead singles always slay :madge: 

MaryJaneHolland

Heartbeat

tumblr_mjgub15r921rxml8no1_500.gif

Highest score: 10 - @Dimitris Theodorakis @John Slayne @MonsterJames333

Lowest score: 4.5 - @Gia Gunn

Comments:

Heartbeat takes ya back to the vibe of old school Madonna with lyrics about how dancing is where it's at, come try it and feel her heart beat too .  Classic Madge!   The ONLY downward slope here is the unfortunate vocal of one word, "long"....ushering in the dreaded term "crow voice".  It's still a 10 in this Heartbeat! - @MonsterJames333

A song that attempts to go somewhere yet never does, it works best for someone like Nelly Furtado but Madonna's voice, both spoken and sung, cannot pull it off. On top of that, Pharrell just buts his head into the song for no apparent reason and it ultimately takes away from the song and Madonna herself. It's one of the reasons I dislike Pharrell's production so much. - @xoxo cupcakke

I like the sweetness of this song along with its message “This complicated life/I try to do my best/I always tell myself that it’s just a test.” Very Madonnaish indeed. - @Turuncan

While this one is more dance-pop it never clicked with me as the first 3 tracks. I feel like it's a guilty pleasure but a bit cringey at some points. The ''see my booty get down'' is fun. - @KING ELIZABITCH

Now this is a highlight of the album. The way she sings is so beautiful. Sure, it’s a clichĂ© Pharrell Williams song but I can see more of Madonna here than in the previous tracks. - @Bio

Archived