weed

I'm ready for ha to dethrone Ed on BBĀ :diane:

I have it on repeat for the last ~40 min, I think it's really pretty

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Girrr
6 hours ago, Bradley Cooper said:

The melancholy vibes remind me of the devastating things which happened to the characters inĀ American Horror Story: Hotel.

Or life in general.

When Bowie's song was used in AHS: Freakshow

PatrickMonster

is everybody ironic here, or do people actually like this song? :rip:Ā this sounds like a mediocre album filler or a bonus track

Gagamel
1 hour ago, gagzus said:

Yup because it's not about sex, it's not pop, doesn't rely on his looks and doesn't have a feat. Rapper.

And is on track to sell high numbers, talent stays winning the other boys can choke.

I'll take the argument that it's not about sex, but this is basically pop-rock, which is what 1D has been doing for a while if i remember correctly.

And which male artists music doesn't rely on their looks? :oprah: 1D relied on looks as much as Justin Bieber and others. Exploiting young girl fanbases is pretty standard.

Gagamel
44 minutes ago, youandi said:

Ā 

Also, the people saying it's not original or experimental at all? Ā It's completely experimental as its nothing like what he was doing with One Direction. And yes, there's definitely a bit of Bowie influence but nowhere near as much as being made out? Someone on here said it was like coming his work? Not at all

Ā 

The song is nowhere near original tho, you can find numerous similar sounding songs.

And when someone says experimental, i think of experimental in general, not just for the artist. It's ok if he switched genre's (even tho i don't think he really did) but experimental for me is more like Kendrick on "To Pimp a Butterfly" where he experimented with merging lots of genres together to produce a weird/new sound, even though i didn't really like that project, i applaud it.

Damon

I didnt give a sh*t when I found out that he was going solo but the moment i heard the song it comoletely changed my mind about him, the song is amazing, giving me bowie-esque vibes

... and now i just sit in silence.

Lassex

For the first minute I was like ''meh, just another 1D ballad'' but @ 1:20 really surprised me. I love the Bowie vibes! :unicorn: I just wish he won't succeed only because he's from One Direction. I feel like teenage girls will take anything from these guys... This song is a good one, though.

drinkmytears
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

:applause:Ā now this is great song. And with Simon Cowell at his side, he will get all the promo needed.

He's not affiliated with simon anymore

RAMROD
Just now, drinkmytears said:

He's not affiliated with simon anymore

Ā 

Ooooh thought he was with Syco. Thanks for the correction

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

djBuffoon

I use these comparisons very cautiously, but it reminds me of mix between Lynard Skynard, Bowie, and Pink Floyd.

Good vocals, kudos to Harry for being bold on a solo debut, but the song itself feels lacking. It starts in one intriguing mode, and never modulates on itself,Ā or goes anywhere surprising. The chorus especially is begging for a little more.

Still, I'm interested to hear more.

7 hours ago, junolxf said:

Don't tell anyone, but it reminds ofĀ Gaga. I don't know why. Am I being delusional? jdshfĀ :awkney:

Ā 

Actually the intro reminded me of MR lol. But yes, Harry pulled through, this is GOOD!

As good as good as good as gold

drinkmytears
14 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Ā 

Ooooh thought he was with Syco. Thanks for the correction

No left them after 1D! Bet Simon is pissedĀ 

RAMROD
Just now, drinkmytears said:

No left them after 1D! Bet Simon is pissedĀ 

I am sure he is, lost Zayn and Harry aka two most popular guys in the band, must be quite hard to take

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

doppelganger
2 hours ago, Pray4FameGa said:

Not gonna lie I expected more.

I knew he'd be going for a more classic rock vibe saying his influences are Stevie Nicks etc. but this song just doesn't have much going for it.

It sounds like he went for a more authentic sound but still remained generic enough to keep his old fans and be adored as a teen idol.

As a power ballad it's not very powerful, and I feel it goes nowhere. He built up his debut so much but its not really as edgy as he thinks it is.Ā :toofunny:

Will see how much it isĀ loved once this initial hype dies down.

Kind of agree. The song is fresh but the singing isn't great

Archived