đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Chainsmokers - Memories.. Do Not Open Album Discussion Thread

Dawson

Featured Posts

takemetovenus

All this over a pop album.. :toofunny:

Some people like certain songs, some people don't, accept eachothers opinions and stop trying to find reasons to be upset with someone for their taste :duck:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JohnWayne23

Ill be honest, they do have songs i bop to. 

I'lll leave the talent discussion to someone who is better versed in production than I am.

But their misogynistic attitudes are what keep me from investing in them. If the song comes on the radio, sure i'll listen, but i will not buy or stream their stuff (though "Something Just Like This" has come on a few Spotify playlists i listen to and i do listen to it). I don't invest my finances in misogyny. 

PI Floppedt

They have been inexplicably unlikable lately, but I always harp on the hope that they'll come through with some bops with their fearlessly brash, though sometimes-gaudy, production skills, but this was... seriously a huge letdown. :madge:

Almost everything on here sounds middle-of-the-road and uncharacteristic pop - I believe you can probably find similar-sounding tunes in an album of one of those young, fresh faces who aren't musically inclined or passionate, but are getting signed thanks to their marketable looks and charm. They seem to hop about a sundry of formulae here sound-wise. Whether it's a sound effect or the structure, it's really not difficult to detect the sonic rehashes. :awkney:

The lyrics too...omg they are littered with contrived, prosaic words + themes which may speak out to kids nascent to relationships, but to the more mature audience, they may sound like the horribly cringe-worthy days of middle school and high school. Come to think of it...aren't they like in their late 20s? The lyrics encapsulate nothing memorable or evocative, which is extremely ironic given the choice of their album title. :chica:

Despite the negative sentiments, I kinda like the sound of Break Up Every Night and Last Day Alive.

But what's one opinion right? Let's just wait and see their highly-anticipated overall Metacritic score!

9FXPxMb.gif

I don't actually hate PI

Andrew2512

Can't wait for it to flop hopefully and sell 6K pure copies like their EP so we never got to listen about them again.

Andrew2512
2 hours ago, MJHolland said:

Nah, I think a lot of people would enjoy their bops if they weren't uptight and jealous af lol

When Gaga stans hate on them it comes off as ridiculously jealous and petty 

Lol jealous and petty of what of their 6K selling EP and probably this one too lol

alextruper17
4 hours ago, IndieKylie said:

Please quote those who have done this. I have not seen anyone say they're talentless. 

I love Kylie Minogue too.  That's all I'm gonna say. :kara:

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

djBuffoon
2 hours ago, MJHolland said:
Their radio, chart, and streaming success the past 2 years? 

Just because you think their music is beneath you doesn't mean you have to put them or others down. 

If you guys don't like their music, why the heck are you in this thread celebrating their new music looking for drama? Jesus.... 

Why would you click on this thread? Like I'm genuinely curious. If you aren't going to listen to their new songs, that means you just came in here to bash them. What does that say lol... 

There may be some monsters who are jealous of their success, but c'mon. Gaga is a living legend, one of the biggest icons on the planet. Who honestly cares about their chart success, The Chainsmokers haven't blemished her legacy one bit. 

The more tangible issue is the dubious, repetitive quality of their music. The fact that they are so huge right now only underlines that.

And for the record, because you seem to think I'm a hater, I do enjoy "Something Just Like This". If the drop didn't sound virtually identical to "Roses", it would be the best track that Coldplay has done in a while, and easily the best from the Chainsmokers.

stir the pot

Listening to it right now. The One is... something, I always love piano. :giveup:

juicyjuicy
12 hours ago, Dawson said:

https://dnj.to/

The album is out in NZ. Honestly, I'm only on the first track 'Last Day Alive', it could be a single...it bops.

OMG I'VE BEEN WATCHING THESE AND IT DIDN'T EVEN OCCUR TO ME THAT IT WAS YOU WHO MADE THESE

WHY ARE YOU SO FUNNY

Irrelevant
10 hours ago, GABEL said:

their songs are catchy but Drew can't sing at all........

Hide contents

and I know they will be irrelevant in 3~4 years so don't even bother to hate them

At least he writes all of his songs, unlike some people :trollga:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Irrelevant

Break Up Every Night will be on repeat, and I don't care what you flops say :whitney:

Spoiler

His songwriting is getting better :oprah:

Spoiler

"She's got seven personalities, every one's a tragedy" is a nice line actually :lolly:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Archived