💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Chainsmokers - Memories.. Do Not Open Album Discussion Thread

Dawson

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
15 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Nah, I think a lot of people would enjoy their bops if they weren't uptight and jealous af lol

When Gaga stans hate on them it comes off as ridiculously jealous and petty 

There are good bops and not good bops. Just cause a song has a decent beat doesn't mean everyone has to like it or that it is good. I personally don't think Closer is anywhere close to Bad Romance, Die Young, Royals, Teenage Dream, et all in quality. You blanketing any criticism of The Chainsmokers as 'jealousy' is suspect. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
littlepotter

I like Somethimg just like this so I'll listen if it's available on my streaming service

chaeri pls

Overall, they're fun bops but nothing special. Maybe it's their attitudes that's putting me off the music but the album is... meh, sonically boring and redundant for the most part IMO.

Standouts: Something Just Like This, My Type, Bloodstream, Don't Say

Meh: The One, Paris, Wake Up Alone, Last Day Alive, Honest

Unbearable, unlistenable: Break Up Every Night, Young, I Won't Kill Ya

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Anderson123

The funny thing is that if they said something like "We love Gaga, she's a legend" most people here would be like "YASS OMG BOPSSS iconiC" right now.

I was expecting "do not open if you hate them" :madge:

"Jezus iz a biskweeeet!" [Kenya Michaels]

djBuffoon
37 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Nah, I think a lot of people would enjoy their bops if they weren't uptight and jealous af lol

When Gaga stans hate on them it comes off as ridiculously jealous and petty 

Jealous of what, exactly? :huh: 

EmiRivington

Please tell me Andrew Taggart doesn't sing in the record :lolly: 

i think u freaky but you don't have a hit

YeehawKylie
17 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

The funny thing is that if they said something like "We love Gaga, she's a legend" most people here would be like "YASS OMG BOPSSS iconiC" right now.

Nah, you can have good taste and still not be good. Meghan Trainor said Gaga was a Goddess and she still gets dragged cause her music is meh, not unlike The Chainsmokers. 

DrKindnessKunt1999
19 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

They have already. In the same interview where Andrew said that "Perfect Illusion" sucked, he also mentioned that Gaga's a legend and even mentioned that she worked with Jeff Koons. 

Sorcerer

I'll try to listen to it,  but the guy can't sing and Paris, Something Just Like This, and The One are all trash. I'll listen to it just to not prejudge.

djBuffoon
25 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

This tired argument again :madge: 

Antichrist
6 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Nah, you can have good taste and still not be good. Meghan Trainor said Gaga was a Goddess and she still gets dragged cause her music is meh, not unlike The Chainsmokers. 

you can also be a ****ing kind person for once and not post 50 times in a thread about someone you clearly despise. if you don't like them, and don't intend to listen to their album, this clearly isn't the place for you.

+let's not with the 'opinions of others first', that's just dumb. if someone else has to validate something for you to listen to it, that pretty much sums it all up.

YeehawKylie
Just now, djBuffoon said:

This tired argument again :madge: 

All I've seen is people in this thread say The Chainsmokers essentially churn out their music for the masses, which their manager admitted, and is therefor mediocre. That the beats are recycled and vocals weak. All valid arguments. 

Yet, here we have people bringing up strawman arguments of "you all are just jealous" or "if they praised Gaga you'd all like here." No, God-forbid we listen to music and form our own opinions and criticism about it. This sh*t happens in almost any opinion-related thread on this site. 

MJHolland
40 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

There are good bops and not good bops. Just cause a song has a decent beat doesn't mean everyone has to like it or that it is good. I personally don't think Closer is anywhere close to Bad Romance, Die Young, Royals, Teenage Dream, et all in quality. You blanketing any criticism of The Chainsmokers as 'jealousy' is suspect. 

8 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

20 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

Jealous of what, exactly? :huh: 

Their radio, chart, and streaming success the past 2 years? 

Just because you think their music is beneath you doesn't mean you have to put them or others down. 

If you guys don't like their music, why the heck are you in this thread celebrating their new music looking for drama? Jesus.... 

Why would you click on this thread? Like I'm genuinely curious. If you aren't going to listen to their new songs, that means you just came in here to bash them. What does that say lol... 

Archived