Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Arturo

This. :clap:

TFM had 3 singles; only 1 of those 3 (Bad Romance) topped the 100M AI mark. Although BTW had 2 flop singles of its 5 overall, two of those passed the 100M AI mark (TEoG and BTW).

So ARGUABLY, Gaga had a better (if not similar) amount of radio presence in comparison to TFM.

And TEOG still gets some pretty good airplay for a song that is over a year old. :legend:

Edited by Archuro52311

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody Mary

TFM had 3 singles; only 1 of those 3 (Bad Romance) topped the 100M AI mark. Although BTW had 2 flop singles of its 5 overall, two of those passed the 100M AI mark (TEoG and BTW).

So ARGUABLY, Gaga had a better (if not similar) amount of radio presence in comparison to TFM.

:clap:

And TEOG still gets some pretty good airplay for a song that is over a 1 old. :legend:

My station only plays Poker Face and Just Dance. :roll:

Meanwhile, my station is being so hesitant to new music. Look at their top 20. They hardly ever play WHYB, and they haven't even ADDED Titanium yet! :grr:http://www.kdwb.com/iplaylist/playlist.html?net=1

For God's sake..they play TAIO CRUZ' DYNAMITE more than WHYB. I've heard this song like every day for the past two years. :fail:

Arturo

My station only plays Poker Face and Just Dance. :roll:

Meanwhile, my station is being so hesitant to new music. Look at their top 20. They hardly ever play WHYB, and they haven't even ADDED Titanium yet! :grr:http://www.kdwb.com/iplaylist/playlist.html?net=1

For God's sake..they play TAIO CRUZ' DYNAMITE more than WHYB. I've heard this song like every day for the past two years. :fail:

Dynamite? Ew.

If it involved Gaga my station only knows Paparazzi, Bad Romance, and The Edge of Glory :legend:

I've only heard Just Dance and Poker Face on my station, but they play most of the recent hits.

If I hear STIUTK and WMYB and Boyfriend one more time, I'll cut a b---h. I want them to We Run the Night, but I've only heard it twice.

croboy

The BTW-era wasn't as bad as people think. It's always hard to stay on top.

I'm sure they've learnt a few things though and will make the next Gaga-era better :clap:

Edited by croboy

Can we avoid the extremes of either disrespecting Katy totally OR thinking Katy did it better and Gaga needs to learn?

Gaga makes "harder" pop (louder less radio friendly) and likes to experiment more. It's easy to plan an era when radio eats up every single, but Gaga regrouped fairly well after Judas (and the promo song strategy meant the album's fate wasn't tied to any one song).

Im so glad people on here are over hating Katy. We should celebrate other artists success. Of course we want Gaga to be the best, but we shouldnt put down other women.

I hate the way such competitiveness, by various stanbases, contributes to a misogynistic attitude for all women in pop.

Katy is doing her own thing - not recycling tired hip hop or Madonna cliches, or borrowing that much from Gaga.

Edited by craig

jhonyguy04

yeah, the era was not a complete disaster like everyone said. and you cant blame interscope or troy cater for the singles flopping. ppl were just not interested in the songs. i think what ppl want is more fun gaga. i think gaga needs to lay back and start doing fun songs again like lovegame and telephone imo.

badboymonsterx

yeah, the era was not a complete disaster like everyone said. and you cant blame interscope or troy cater for the singles flopping. ppl were just not interested in the songs. i think what ppl want is more fun gaga. i think gaga needs to lay back and start doing fun songs again like lovegame and telephone imo.

I agree with you, I think that the next album should definitely be a better mix of light + dark.... Born This Way was amazing, but it was ONLY for little monsters for the most part; her hardcore fans related best with the songs + overall theme. It was by no means a mainstream album. The next one should be better balanced...I am curious to see how she fits religion into the album this time..

Jase

iTunes update

01. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen

02. Wide Awake - Katy Perry

03. Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) - Gotye

04. Payphone (feat. Wiz Khalifa) - Maroon 5

05. Scream - Usher

06. Lights - Ellie Goulding

07. Back In Time (From "Men In Black III") - Pitbull

08. Where Have You Been - Rihanna

09. Boyfriend - Justin Bieber

10. What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction

11. Titanium (feat. Sia) - David Guetta

12. Drunk On You - Luke Bryan

13. As Long As You Love Me (feat. Big Sean) - Justin Bieber

14. Wild Ones (feat. Sia) - Flo Rida

15. Brokenhearted - Karmin

16. The Fighter (feat. Ryan Tedder) - Gym Class Heroes

17. Springsteen - Eric Church

18. We Are Young (feat. Janelle Monáe) - Fun.

19. Everybody Talks - Neon Trees

20. Come Over - Kenny Chesney

21. Mercy (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz) - Kanye West

22. Drive By - Train

23. I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz

24. Pontoon - Little Big Town

25. Starships - Nicki Minaj

26. Work Hard, Play Hard - Wiz Khalifa

27. Give Your Heart a Break - Demi Lovato

28. Feel So Close - Calvin Harris

29. Wanted - Hunter Hayes

30. Glad You Came - The Wanted

31. Some Nights - Fun.

32. Payphone (feat. Wiz Khalifa) - Maroon 5

33. Ho Hey - The Lumineers

34. Want U Back - Cher Lloyd

35. One Thing - One Direction

36. Somethin' 'Bout a Truck - Kip Moore

37. 5-1-5-0 - Dierks Bentley

38. Whistle - Flo Rida

39. No Lie (feat. Drake) - 2 Chainz

40. Even If It Breaks Your Heart - Eli Young Band

Bubbling Under

41. We Run the Night (feat. Pitbull) - Havana Brown

45. Both of Us (feat. Taylor Swift) - B.o.B

48. How We Do (Party) - Rita Ora

49. Let's Go (feat. Ne-Yo) - Calvin Harris

51. Too Close - Alex Clare

56. Chasing the Sun - The Wanted

58. BURN IT DOWN - Linkin Park

63. One More Night - Maroon 5

89. Heart Attack - Trey Songz

That's what I like to think, too! :yes:

The BTW era wasn't as "bad" as we think it was. It was still massively successful. It was not as well-planned as it could have been, but it still produced some massive hits. For instance, even though we all blame Judas for killing the era's momentum early on, can you believe a song with lyrics like that still peaked in the top 10 in the US? That's a seriously impressive feat!

:tea:

Besides being the number two best-selling album of the year, she gained a lot of respect with the BTW era and that, to me, is a great success. I'm truly not here for constantly whoring out for number one singles.

Two of the biggest releases currently in the iTunes Albums Top 10 this week:

Believe - Metacritic 71 (based on 7 reviews)

Fiona Apple's new album - Metacritic 93 (based on 11 Reviews)

Americano

Judas didn't kill momentum, TEOG' video did. She could barely ever get 50m views on Youtube ever since then.

Her own fault.

She has a clean slate now that the era is over, so we'll see what she produces with this next single.

Edited by Americano

MarryTheKnight

Judas didn't kill momentum, TEOG' video did. She could barely ever get 50m views on Youtube ever since then.

Her own fault.

She has a clean slate now that the era is over, so we'll see what she produces with this next single.

This. If the original video plans fell through, they should have spent more time brainstorming instead of getting the Haus to pull together something in 3 hours.

As much as she thinks she can do everything alone, she NEEDS professional help and directors.

Americano

TOP 20:

1. GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know: 197.923 (+ 0.041)

2. CARLY RAE JEPSEN - Call Me Maybe: 167.655 (+ 2.355)

3. MAROON 5 - Payphone f/Wiz Khalifa: 161.085 (+ 1.659)

4. FUN. - We Are Young f/Janelle Monae: 124.926 (- 1.785)

5. ONE DIRECTION - What Makes You Beautiful: 116.137 (- 0.568)

6. NICKI MINAJ - Starships: 108.633 (- 0.901)

7. THE WANTED - Glad You Came: 108.116 (- 0.600)

8. RIHANNA - Where Have You Been: 105.898 (+ 2.010) â–²

9. FLO RIDA - Wild Ones f/Sia: 105.688 (- 1.139) â–¼

10. USHER - Scream: 83.743 (+ 0.386) â–²

11. KELLY CLARKSON - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill ...: 83.173 (- 0.534) â–¼

12. JUSTIN BIEBER - Boyfriend: 79.390 (- 1.067)

13. KATY PERRY - Wide Awake: 74.924 (+ 0.766)

14. TRAIN - Drive By: 70.705 (- 0.896)

15. ELLIE GOULDING - Lights: 65.927 (+ 1.193)

16. DRAKE - Take Care f/Rihanna: 63.593 (- 0.292)

17. KARMIN - Broken Hearted: 63.405 (+ 0.381)

18. LUKE BRYAN - Drunk On You: 62.708 (+ 0.506) â–²

19. ERIC CHURCH - Springsteen: 62.351 (- 0.145) â–¼

20. ADELE - Rumour Has It: 60.115 (- 1.720)

OTHERS:

PITBULL - Back In Time: 59.533 (+ 0.847)

KIRKO BANGZ - Drank In My Cup: 59.207 (+ 0.042)

DAVID GUETTA - Titanium f/Sia: 56.918 (+ 1.128)

CA$H OUT - Cashin' Out: 50.472 (- 0.364)

DEMI LOVATO - Give Your Heart A Break: 45.910 (+ 0.750)

CALVIN HARRIS - Let's Go f/Ne-Yo: 45.660 (+ 1.315)

GYM CLASS HEROES - The Fighter f/Ryan Tedder: 39.356 (+ 0.145)

JASON MRAZ - I Won't Give Up: 32.708 (+ 0.331)

USHER - Lemme See f/Rick Ross: 31.671 (+ 1.438)

RITA ORA - How We Do (Party): 25.306 (+ 0.046)

ONE DIRECTION - One Thing: 23.339 (+ 0.485)

LINKIN PARK - Burn It Down: 20.620 (+ 0.295)

B.O.B - Both Of Us f/Taylor Swift: 18.011 (+ 0.221)

THE WANTED - Chasing The Sun: 15.595 (+ 0.520)

CHER LLOYD - Want U Back: 14.197 (+ 1.057)

FUN. - Some Nights: 11.211 (+ 0.421)

KELLY CLARKSON - Dark Side: 10.868 (+ 0.542)

MATCHBOX TWENTY - She's So Mean: 9.795 (+ 0.646)

Carly, Rihanna, Maroon 5, Ellie all surging. Katy slowing down, should rebound with video on next update. She may miss #1 with this single surprisingly, depends on radio.

Adele out of radio Top 20 tomorrow.

Usher Top 10 on radio, growing again thanks to Top 5 iTunes standing due to video release. Also surging with his new single, Lemme See, over 1M update today.

Titanium on the upswing, should rise if it goes Top 10 on iTunes soon. (As expected)

One Direction, Fun., Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted all bubbling under with new singles. All of these are in jeopardy of flopping still, despite positive updates.

Justin Bieber really struggling to maintain radio traction, despite album release.

Edited by Americano