Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Arturo

Gaga did just fine this era. Better than most artists over the last year. Others would kill to have had her success this era. She isn't going anywhere for a long time. She doesn't need to start making generic radio songs to sell more.

:yes:

Can't people realize that having 6 Top 30 singles from the same album is almost impossible.

Look at Rihanna and Taylor Swift's recent eras.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

MarryTheKnight

Gaga did just fine this era. Better than most artists over the last year. Others would kill to have had her success this era. She isn't going anywhere for a long time. She doesn't need to start making generic radio songs to sell more.

I was saying Katy's management is amazing at getting promo and #1's and handling her career. Interscope had many hiccups during BTW....

I did not say I want Gaga to make generic, and generally meaningless music.

CoolTrainerTerry

Again, just because evrything didn't get to number one doesn't mean it wasn't successful. We don't need all of the things Capitol did for Katy to happen to Gaga and Interscope.

Arturo

Again, just because evrything didn't get to number one doesn't mean it wasn't successful. We don't need all of the things Capitol did for Katy to happen to Gaga and Interscope.

:tea:

heavymlover

Gaga could never have a TD kind of era. She's too polarizing for something like that.

Katy might as well wear a sign with ''Radio's best friend''.

Gaga's career has been very successful so far though.

MANiCURE1295

Gaga clearly does radio deals.

Born This Way...

tumblr_m4x1b4fnvH1qfy2kdo1_250.gif

Every huge lead single has a radio deal! Payola for a ****ing 7th single is different and you know it

CoolTrainerTerry

Gaga could never have a TD kind of era. She's too polarizing for something like that.

Katy might as well wear a sign with ''Radio's best friend''.

Gaga's career has been very successful so far though.

Exactly. And let's face it, Gaga will be remembered in 10 years. Can't really say the same for Katy.

We have this discussion on an almost daily basis, though, and it's not really contributing much to the thread.

MANiCURE1295

Exactly. And let's face it, Gaga will be remembered in 10 years. Can't really say the same for Katy.

We have this discussion on an almost daily basis, though, and it's not really contributing much to the thread.

I see the same discussion at least once a day haha. But anyway, is it just me or has the top 10 been the same well....forever! I'm hoping we get a switch into new singles soon!

Edit: Waiting for the new Fun, Kelly Clarkson, and Flo Rida song to come into play! I'm sick of STIUTK and CMM

Edited by AlienHookerSlut

CoolTrainerTerry

I see the same discussion at least once a day haha. But anyway, is it just me or has the top 10 been the same well....forever! I'm hoping we get a switch into new singles soon!

Edit: Waiting for the new Fun, Kelly Clarkson, and Flo Rida song to come into play! I'm sick of STIUTK and CMM

Hell yeah! Slowly rising every day.

And the top 10 has been the same for months with a couple new additions. They just keep trading spots.

RabbitHeart

I used to like Katy when she released OOTB, it's just that...idk TD didn't deliver for me :P so I don't feel it deserves the success it has...but I am proud of her, acheiving her dreams and all :clap:

Scream in the top 10 on iTunes :party: now we just need Lights, Titanium, and Everybody Talks to get in there...and I'm glad the video helped Some Nights. Dark Side needs to at least get in the iTunes top 200 or something :cry:

What do you guys think will be the summer song of 2012, charts wise? Last year was RITD, I believe.

La Rosalia

I used to like Katy when she released OOTB, it's just that...idk TD didn't deliver for me :P so I don't feel it deserves the success it has...but I am proud of her, acheiving her dreams and all :clap:

Scream in the top 10 on iTunes :party: now we just need Lights, Titanium, and Everybody Talks to get in there...and I'm glad the video helped Some Nights. Dark Side needs to at least get in the iTunes top 200 or something :cry:

What do you guys think will be the summer song of 2012, charts wise? Last year was RITD, I believe.

Call me maybe, last year it was Party Rock Anthem

Call Me Maybe - perfectly times to be song of the summer. Expect 4-6 more weeks at #1.

http://www.billboard.com/news/rush-ed-sheeran-and-josh-turner-heading-1007345152.story#/news/rush-ed-sheeran-and-josh-turner-heading-1007345152.story

Yay for Rush heading for #2 - Canada's greatest ever rock band.

Also glad Ed Sheeran isn't impacting anywhere near Adele..

RabbitHeart

Call Me Maybe - perfectly times to be song of the summer. Expect 4-6 more weeks at #1.

Do you think CMM can stay popular for most of the summer?

I believe last year, RITD and PRA were equally big around the summer.

Do you think CMM can stay popular for most of the summer?

I believe last year, RITD and PRA were equally big around the summer.

CMM has remarkable staying power in Canada, UK, and Oz where it was #1 months ago - and US radio tends to hang onto hits longer than in UK (where it's also harder to stay top 10 because the chart is strictly sales).