US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Arturo

ARE YOU JOKING!?

It was everywhere!

She set some Twitter record!

4 was sent back to the top 10!

The music world was completely flooded with the news.

Where were you, lmao?

Well maybe because I didn't really give a **** I assumed the world didn't either :sweat:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

MarryTheKnight

Jo and Bey were the two top stories of the VMA's.

It was all over the news that Gaga wore a fake penis under her trousers, wasnt aloud in Beyonce's dressing room because security didnt recognize her, she stayed in character all night, etc

And it helped boost You and I into top 10 on itunes

Americano

Jo and Bey were the two top stories of the VMA's.

It was all over the news that Gaga wore a fake penis under her trousers, wasnt aloud in Beyonce's dressing room because security didnt recognize her, she stayed in character all night, etc

And it helped boost You and I into top 10 on itunes

Top 3.

Arturo

Ness, that isn't even funny.

He was just clarifying that it got farther than just Top 10; it got to #3 :roll:

toanythingtaboo

IKAG - inspired SNL skit, and controversy from religious right and some lesbians

CG - #1 seller of 2010, inspired viral videos, Candyland very unique.

Firework - biggest selling empowerment song, won VMA VOTY.

All more iconic in US than anything Rihanna has done since GGGB era (except maybe Eminem duet).

They will be remembered by kids of a certain age for life.

Could not disagree more.

IKAG is a memorable song, but that's it. I can't even remember what happens in the video beyond her rolling around.

CG is a memorable song who's video inspired parodies, but it's not iconic. Rebecca Black's Friday was parodied to no end but it's not iconic. Single Ladies is an example of a heavily parodied video which will be perceived as iconic in future.

Firework isn't the biggest selling empowerment song, BTW sold more (8.2 million vs 6.53). It didn't even come close to the waves BTW made. BTW is infamous, controversial and made cultural impact. People wrote articles on it, it pissed people off, it got people talking. It's regarded as a genuine gay anthem and a notable moment in the LGBT movement because it took explicitly pro-LGBT messages mainstream. Firework gave us "do you ever feel like a plastic bag?".

Katy Perry is fine, but she's basic pop fodder. She gives tweens stuff to squeal over while the grown up popstars make pop history.

You clearly overuse the word "iconic" :laughga: Nothing KP has done is iconic.

Tbh, I would say Gaga's only massively iconic moment that will be remembered in like 40 years will be Bad Romance, due to the video, the originality of the song and the fact it literally left everyone for dead in everything it was nominated in at every award show.

Gaga ****s out iconography.

Americano

Hair bow/The Fame era, Paparazzi performance VMAs, Bad Romance video, Born This Way egg, Jo Calderone

MarryTheKnight

Could not disagree more.

IKAG is a memorable song, but that's it. I can't even remember what happens in the video beyond her rolling around.

CG is a memorable song who's video inspired parodies, but it's not iconic. Rebecca Black's Friday was parodied to no end but it's not iconic. Single Ladies is an example of a heavily parodied video which will be perceived as iconic in future.

Firework isn't the biggest selling empowerment song, BTW sold more (8.2 million vs 6.53). It didn't even come close to the waves BTW made. BTW is infamous, controversial and made cultural impact. People wrote articles on it, it pissed people off, it got people talking. It's regarded as a genuine gay anthem and a notable moment in the LGBT movement because it took explicitly pro-LGBT messages mainstream. Firework gave us "do you ever feel like a plastic bag?".

Katy Perry is fine, but she's basic pop fodder. She gives tweens stuff to squeal over while the grown up popstars make pop history.

Firework dragged BTW in the US

but WW BTW>>>>>

toanythingtaboo

Hair bow/The Fame era, Paparazzi performance VMAs, Bad Romance video, Born This Way egg, Jo Calderone

I think the meat dress will genuinely be one of the most recognisable/iconic pop moments of this generation. Biggest thing since the Madonna/Britney kiss tbh.

Firework dragged BTW in the US

but WW BTW>>>>>

WW > US

Arturo

:worship:

Could not disagree more.

:worship:

Edited by Archuro52311

Americano

I think the meat dress will genuinely be one of the most recognisable/iconic pop moments of this generation. Biggest thing since the Madonna/Britney kiss tbh.

Oh yea, idk how i forgot the meat dress lol

Americano

Trying to think of lesser-known things that are still memorable by her.

Disco stick, Skeleton-Ga, firework bra, her religious imagery in Alejandro/Judas, TFM covers

MarryTheKnight

Trying to think of lesser-known things that are still memorable by her.

Disco stick, Skeleton-Ga, firework bra, her religious imagery in Alejandro/Judas, TFM covers

BTW cover... it made Yahoo's list of Best Album Covers Ever

and it caused so many meltdowns on gagadaily