Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Valentino

Gaga has never had as much AI as the songs that have gotten #1 this year. I just don't think AI is the best medium to measure popularity. Digital sales is... I think it should be reworked a little bit because it's tipping too far on the opposite direction.

Oh, but I thought AI didn't count as much. I know AI counts for more now with this new rule than it did before, but does it matter that much?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, but I thought AI didn't count as much. I know AI counts for more now with this new rule than it did before, but does it matter that much?

From my observation it totally does. I asked Magoo and said basically the same thing.

La Rosalia

Gaga has never had as much AI as the songs that have gotten #1 this year. I just don't think AI is the best medium to measure popularity. Digital sales is... I think it should be reworked a little bit because it's tipping too far on the opposite direction.

same

Arturo

THIS. If people like someone they'd buy the song. It's so dumb that they make radio count more. :fail:

Whatever I hope Gaga makes her single from this album mroe commercial so they'll be played on the radio. I know she will. She's a business woman. She knows what's best :cool:

Who here wants Gaga to ditch dance/pop after the next album? I do! oUIKS.png

inb4****storm

God no.

Valentino

From my observation it totally does. I asked Magoo and said basically the same thing.

:fail: And I thought this new rule would've solved the problem. Get it together Billboard! :grr:

THIS. If people like someone they'd buy the song. It's so dumb that they make radio count more. :fail:

Whatever I hope Gaga makes her single from this album mroe commercial so they'll be played on the radio. I know she will. She's a business woman. She knows what's best :cool:

There it is.Gnpm9.gif

:fail: And I thought this new rule would've solved the problem. Get it together Billboard! :grr:

There it is.Gnpm9.gif

It did solve a problem, but it just created another :P

Valentino

It did solve a problem, but it just created another :P

If the lead single is worthy of #1 (sonically and lyrically), Gaga will debut #1 and slay for weeks, so on we go!nSo3J.gif

hausofmike

If the lead single is worthy of #1 (sonically and lyrically), Gaga will debut #1 and slay for weeks, so on we go!nSo3J.gif

top 10 debut. with the new rules i doubt it will debut at #1

God no.

I mean, I don't want her to ditch it, but try out more genres. Get what I'm saying?

If the song is good, it gets decent first week airplsy, is released to streaming, and is released on a Monday then a #1 is almost guaranteed. I just don't want people to be completely surprised if it doesn't debut at #1. I think it will, though.

Arturo

If the song is good, it gets decent first week airplsy, is released to streaming, and is released on a Monday then a #1 is almost guaranteed. I just don't want people to be completely surprised if it doesn't debut at #1. I think it will, though.

It'd be great if it debuted #1 but as long as it gets #1 eventually I'm all good.

I mean, I don't want her to ditch it, but try out more genres. Get what I'm saying?

I know, but for at least 6 songs on the album she should stay dancy, fun, and catchy so she can save those for singles.

She can experiment with the rest like she did with BTW

Valentino

Oh, I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood; I was talking about Lady Gaga, not Justin Bieber or Britney. :cheerup:

A #1 debut is possible if they put it up on streaming sites at the same time as the iTunes release. Boyfriend had almost no streaming points which caused it to miss #1. Plus I doubt something like We Are Young would dominate like that again.

I'm really curious to see what Gaga's numbers will be like next era. I feel like her popularity has decreased a lot, at least in North America. :ohno:

Americano

She'll have a radio deal.

I'm really curious to see what Gaga's numbers will be like next era. I feel like her popularity has decreased a lot, at least in North America. :ohno:

Worldwide definitely.