US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Valentino

Madonna:'s former #1 album @MDNA gets pushed off the Billboard 200 this week, after 9 weeks on the tally. Last week, the set ranked at #105.

Let's discuss, shall we?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

MarryTheKnight

Madonna:'s former #1 album @MDNA gets pushed off the Billboard 200 this week, after 9 weeks on the tally. Last week, the set ranked at #105.

Let's discuss, shall we?

lordt.... look at that longevity. its a pretty weak album anyways so i dont care.

here for the mdna tour tho.

imo hard candy >>>>>>>>> mdna but no one will agree with me :cry:

honestly madonna should have released celebration this year and went on a "greatest hits" tour... no one is here for her new music...

Edited by MarryTheKnight

Arturo

Let's discuss, shall we?

That's sad, That's why it pisses me off when they call her the Queen of Pop

in the 80's and 90's HELL YES she was the queen. She sold better than Gaga does now.

But to still call her the queen with THOSE numbers. Not even Gold yet? C'mon. Gagaz went Platinum in a week. And if people want to start b---hing with the Amazon deal then Gaga went Gold in one week with 800k sold at full price.

Like seriously, her stans are delusional now. The charts speak for themselves

Edited by Archuro52311

as far as I know, the BMAs don't have high ratings and it's not that high on radio in comparison to it's position on iTunes

Katy singles always start fast, compared to most songs. It's like she has a fanbase of itune buyers ready to pounce.

Don't worry, the last several haven't had since remarkable stamina.

MarryTheKnight

in the 80's and 90's HELL YES she was the queen. She sold better than Gaga does now.

But to still call her the queen with THOSE numbers. Not even Gold yet? C'mon. Gagaz went Platinum in a week. And if people want to start b---hing with the Amazon deal then Gaga went Gold in one week with 800k sold at full price.

Her 2000 releases

American Life

Confessions on a Dancefloor

Hard Candy

Celebration

MDNA

Confessions is arguably one of the best pop albums of all time...

American Life is good too, but because of her political views, the album bombed in the US

I personally loved Hard Candy

Celebration is just greatest hits

Im lukewarm to MDNA, meaning i like maybe 3 tracks but kind of regret buying it...

Valentino

lordt.... look at that longevity. its a pretty weak album anyways so i dont care.

here for the mdna tour tho.

imo hard candy >>>>>>>>> mdna but no one will agree with me :cry:

honestly madonna should have released celebration this year and went on a "greatest hits" tour... no one is here for her new music...

I think that was her intention actually. Imo MDNA is a greatest hits album of new material.

I'm just stunned at the fact that even with all the press M got this week with her tour starting "etc" (ahem!), that the album fell 100 spots in one week.

Arturo

Her 2000 releases

American Life

Confessions on a Dancefloor

Hard Candy

Celebration

MDNA

Confessions is arguably one of the best pop albums of all time...

American Life is good too, but because of her political views, the album bombed in the US

I personally loved Hard Candy

Celebration is just greatest hits

Im lukewarm to MDNA, meaning i like maybe 3 tracks but kind of regret buying it...

Even her 2000 releases don't stand up to her "queen" status

Her last real hit was propelled to the BB Top 10 by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland's presence

MarryTheKnight

Even her 2000 releases don't stand up to her "queen" status

Her last real hit was propelled to the BB Top 10 by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland's presence

Oh and I forgot Music

Which was her last #1 tbh in 2001 :nails:

Arturo

Oh and I forgot Music

Which was her last #1 tbh in 2001 :nails:

11 years ago :derpga:

Her time is over. :smh:

I don't hate on her for trying but she's not gonna have another #1 or Top 10 for that matter ever again.

Nobody is here for her in this day and age.

Bye Bye Madge.

MDNA was your last album :troll:

ppl, its time to get over Katy. I am pressed too, but we have to move on and accept defeat.

LOL, this isn't a fight. That's the main problem for female popstars. People always try to pit them against each other.

I've never illegally downloaded anything in my life. I'm 15 and you would expect me to do that but it feels wrong and I take personal joy in just opening a CD and seeing the booklet and everything. I find it cool and interesting.

Yes. I love it. Nothing can compare to inserting the disc for the first time. :flutter: I think music is cheap. I don't buy many songs, only those I know I'll like for a long time. I can live with those song which will I'll probably get tired of through radio/Youtube, tbh.

Edited by Summertime Sadness

Arturo

LOL, this isn't a fight. That's the main problem for female popstars. People always try to pit them against each other.

Yes. I love it. Nothing can compare to inserting the disc for the first time. :flutter: I think music is cheap. I don't buy many songs, only those I know I'll like for a long time. I can live with those song which will I'll probably get tired of through radio/Youtube, tbh.

This. :legend:

When I opened BTW for the first time :cryga:

Seriously. I wish there was some way that piracy can be stopped in the U.S :fail:

But that's impossible.

Valentino

ppl, its time to get over Katy. I am pressed too, but we have to move on and accept defeat.

You're good. Lil rough around the edges, but I must admit, you're good.HlPgS.gif

6. Where Have You Been - Rihanna

June 8, 2012 12:43 PM

Where Have You Been by Rihanna from the album Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)

You're good. Lil rough around the edges, but I must admit, you're good.HlPgS.gif

6. Where Have You Been - Rihanna

June 8, 2012 12:43 PM

Where Have You Been by Rihanna from the album Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)

Yass :legend:

Coming for dat number 1 spot

Valentino

Yass :legend:

Coming for dat number 1 spot

We the Navi, never lie.VA2Mn.gif