Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
celeb

Da Brat: "I Gotta Go With Remy"

JohnWayne23

Featured Posts

JohnWayne23

Da Brat, the first female rapper to ever have a platinum album has weighed in on the Nicki/Remy beef. 

“I gotta go with Remy. I got history with Remy. She’s part of my era. I respect Remy. We friends. As far as the bars, Remy’s bars have eaten the s**t out of anything Nicki has ever said unfortunately; I’m sorry.”

unnamed-1-e1452716720463.jpg

her top 10 hit from 1994 "Funkdafied" 

Source: http://www.vibe.com/2017/03/da-brat-remy-ma-nicki-minaj-beef/

Gaga Monster

I guess hating on the most successful rapper of all time is the new thing (Nicki has 74 BB Hot 100 entries, the most of all time). Read about Nickis early life, she struggled. She was abused by her own father, he dragged her mother for two blocks while Nicki watched as a child. Did Nicki make mistakes as a person? Yes of course, she is human and have said things I think she deeply regrets, but overall Nicki is a great rapper, person, and an extremely successful business women who struggled. These one hit wonders need to stop dragging Nicki for their own personal well being. And Remy Ma is a criminal, she went to prison

GGD Presidential Elections

calmar

Why can't people just stay out of other people's petty business. Good grief. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

FGGrayson
2 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

I guess hating on the most successful POP "RAPPER" of all time is the new thing (Nicki has 74 BB Hot 100 entries, the most of all time). Read about Nickis early life, she struggled. She was abused by her own father, he dragged her mother for two blocks while Nicki watched as a child. Did Nicki make mistakes as a person? Yes of course, she is human and have said things I think she deeply regrets, but overall Nicki is a great rapper, person, and an extremely successful business women who struggled. These one hit wonders need to stop dragging Nicki for their own personal well being. And Remy Ma is a criminal, she went to prison

FIXED, Missy Elliot, Eve, Lauryn Hill, Left Eye Lopez, etc... were pretty much bigger than her and more respected, Nicki seems like to be huge but she isn't, mostly because she have not competition plus younger gen dont know anything about female rappers i guess lol

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

Morphine Prince

Chart achievements don't mean **** in the rap world. 

There's a reason Nicki isn't respected.

She has done this to herself and she's started the beef many of the times. 

FGGrayson
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Chart achievements don't mean **** in the rap world. 

There's a reason Nicki isn't respected.

She has done this to herself and she's started the beef many of the times. 

plus, most of her "achievemnts" are as a ft on pop songs tho lol

JohnWayne23

MC Lyte made it so that female rappers could be known about > Da Brat made it so that female rappers could be commercially successful >Lil Kim, Missy Elliott, Lisa Left Eye, Foxy Brown, and Eve showed that female rappers could exist together and become category of their own > Lauryn Hill showed that female rappers could be considered just as much of a critical success as Celine Dion in the GP's eyes > Remy Ma showed that female rappers could get #1 hits and be respected by the rap community

Without any of these women before her, Nicki's career wouldn't be.

That's the issue with Nicki. She spits that she's the best. She's braggadocios and consistently talks about her sales, charting, and money. And then she knocks down other women like Lil Kim and Remy. 

But she completely forgets that without those women, she wouldn't have the sales, the money and the accolades. 

She wouldn't have anything that she lets her ego rest on.

FGGrayson

@JohnWayne23 educate them :applause:

doppelganger
49 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

I guess hating on the most successful rapper of all time is the new thing (Nicki has 74 BB Hot 100 entries, the most of all time). Read about Nickis early life, she struggled. She was abused by her own father, he dragged her mother for two blocks while Nicki watched as a child. Did Nicki make mistakes as a person? Yes of course, she is human and have said things I think she deeply regrets, but overall Nicki is a great rapper, person, and an extremely successful business women who struggled. These one hit wonders need to stop dragging Nicki for their own personal well being. And Remy Ma is a criminal, she went to prison

Da Brat didn't say anything rude though. Only that Remy is a friend and Nicki isn't a good rapper. 

51 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

hating on the most successful person of the time is not new, i guess. it happened with gaga, britney, miley, beyonce, rih, katy perry. happens a lot, sadly.

nothing you said though proves that nicki is a good rapper, nor remy a bad one.

i do agree that nicki minaj is (one of the most successful. she's a good business woman. she manages her brand well and knows how to make hits. all her success is well deserved.

FGGrayson
9 minutes ago, Kenon Sings said:

who is this 1994 forgotten memory?? :oprah:

the one who killed Onika lol

Ooolong
1 hour ago, Gaga Monster said:

Except that's the exact reason so many people take issue with her. :rip: 

She's not that great of a person and the biggest issue is that she doesn't seem to regret these things unless they're affecting her sales or something of the sort, like the rare occasion when she apologized for the Nazi symbolism in the 'Only' video. The very few other times she's apologized it was for the things nobody truly cared about and even then they were half-assed and more like excuses. She may be talented but a great person is truly up for debate. :shrug:

The Unbannable Chanteuse

RAMROD

Can't say I disagree.

The only rap verses that will be legendary from Nicki is the one she spat on Kanye's song, Monster.

The rest are mediocre at best. There are lotsa more female emcees out there that have better content lyrically. 

Good for Nicki for all the success that she gets. But pretty sure she knows whats up, behind all the facade she's been doing with things she said lately.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived