Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Troy Carter

sillynate

Featured Posts

TheKillerQueen

I can understand why it was shitty for him to have treated her as a product, but if it weren't for him she wouldn't be the superstar she is today. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartTimeCatdad
7 minutes ago, TheKillerQueen said:

I can understand why it was shitty for him to have treated her as a product, but if it weren't for him she wouldn't be the superstar she is today. 

wow

whiguyblink.gif

sillynate
2 hours ago, Edonis said:

I mean, she just became a very sad upset person and fans and even some of the public could see that she was really unmotivated and beaten down at the time. Like, her demeanor, willingness to speak to fans or the press, even the fashion she wore became less intricate (compared to the start of the era). It was a really, really sad time period. 

This was around October-ish to maybe January? This totally makes sense now. And that heartbreaking performance... my goodness.

1 hour ago, MJHolland said:

The blackout in between DWUW fizzling out and the GUY video was insane

Like imagine in the middle of an era Gaga just goes missing from all social media and any events or even really seen a lot. I could tell she was so unhappy and reliving the same pain that she talked about with ARTPOP.

Troy had a lot to do with sending her into mad depression I think 

G.U.Y. video totally makes sense now. And now that I look back on it, the few thing I remember from those times is when she (or someone who worked on the video) tweeted about how DWUW video was almost done, and the YouTube performance.

Now I'm starting to see why she leaves ARTPOP out. Not only was she emotionally hurt, but the media was getting tired of her too. I'm really speechless, I don't know what to say.

Daenerys
2 minutes ago, sillynate said:

This was around October-ish to maybe January? This totally makes sense now. And that heartbreaking performance... my goodness.

G.U.Y. video totally makes sense now. And now that I look back on it, the few thing I remember from those times is when she (or someone who worked on the video) tweeted about how DWUW video was almost done, and the YouTube performance.

Now I'm starting to see why she leaves ARTPOP out. Not only was she emotionally hurt, but the media was getting tired of her too. I'm really speechless, I don't know what to say.

Which is even more upsetting too because ARTPOP had so much potential and was completely destroyed by him. My favorite album and it had to suffer through her darkest time. I love her, she stood really strong. It just makes the album THAT much more personal. To me, I find it deeper than Joanne. It's that mask hiding real, real pain and she tried so hard to make the best out of it.  

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

1 hour ago, TheKillerQueen said:

um no. gaga is successful bc of her own persestince, strength, perserverace, tanacity, and integrity. in a way gaga is here because of one person and thats herself. she has found a team, that works for her, along the way. they HELP her flesh her vision out. just because troy was her manager does not in any way mean that he is the reason why she is successful to this day. 

he overworked her & treated her inhumanely. what you are trying to say is the same as saying "well so and so actor is successful bc of that one abusive agent or manager." saying that certainly implies that an actor is not successful because of the NATURAL TALENT they were BORN with. 

xoxo Craig

Hang on, where does Bobby come in? Gaga said that Bobby has been her manager since the start of her career. :oprah:

End Racism Now

Edonis
1 hour ago, TheKillerQueen said:

This is honestly debatable but I will say that he helped her name get out there from TF-TFM, BUT, he is one of the main reasons why she got overexposed during BTW up until ARTPOP. There is no reason why 5 singles should be released in the span of 7 months. The BTW era should've been expanded to the full year like any other album cycle with singles spaced out evenly. That's to add that if he did guide her successfully, he would've had her release the final single of BTW around the time streaming took off. I honestly believe that if her team (Troy) followed those two things (spaced everything out to prevent overexposure/overworked and have something to release at the start of the streaming boom) the ARTPOP era could've gone very differently.

Helxig

It all started when she broke her hip. I think he was one of the people who didn't call or visit her in the hospital. And she's hinted that 'people in her team' only contacted her to see how her rehabilitation was going, and would push her to get better faster so she could go touring and get back to work when she was really hurting mentally and physically.

And she speaks about him here too, even though it could get her into legal trouble (6:31):

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

3 hours ago, GodofLove said:

We don't speak of he-who-must-not-be-named here on GGD. 

ODptxLa.gif

mess @ troy is the voldemort for lil monsters :air: 

32 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Hang on, where does Bobby come in? Gaga said that Bobby has been her manager since the start of her career. :oprah:

half of ARTPOP.... C2C to be precise is the beginning of her career, rite boo :hor:

Cerny

I honestly feel that we're missing something here, we have only heard one side of the story, and we know Lady Gaga can be a little dramatic sometimes. Troy was her manager not her friend but seems like Gaga thought he was both.

Lady Gaga said that he wasn't there in the hospital with her when the hip accident happened but was the whole team there with her, and was Troy the only one missing? Also, she said she was overworked, but didn't her hip broke because of the exhausting Born This Way Ball choreography and the excessive use of heels?

She was hurt because Troy left her but that's very common in the entertainment industry, managers come and go. I would like to hear the whole story because the way Gaga expresses her thoughts about this situation, you would think Troy is a businessman. 

ProdigyARTPOP
1 hour ago, chan said:

half of ARTPOP.... C2C to be precise is the beginning of her career, rite boo :hor:

Actually Bobby was working I believe either as her day to day manager, or as the understudy to Troy, kind of what Brandon was to Nicola back in the day, that's why when she was looking for a manager, he also was without a job and they both signed with Live Nation's "Artist Direct" 

ProdigyARTPOP
52 minutes ago, Cerny said:

I honestly feel that we're missing something here, we have only heard one side of the story, and we know Lady Gaga can be a little dramatic sometimes. Troy was her manager not her friend but seems like Gaga thought he was both.

Lady Gaga said that he wasn't there in the hospital with her when the hip accident happened but was the whole team there with her, and was Troy the only one missing? Also, she said she was overworked, but didn't her hip broke because of the exhausting Born This Way Ball choreography and the excessive use of heels?

She was hurt because Troy left her but that's very common in the entertainment industry, managers come and go. I would like to hear the whole story because the way Gaga expresses her thoughts about this situation, you would think Troy is a businessman. 

I believe she stated in an interview, that what led to the fallout was the fact that, she hadn't even recovered from surgery, when she woke up the next day, and had received a call that her management had already drawn out a full promotional tour and plan behind her back. Instead of being with her and asking her how she was feeling/doing.

gagzus
1 hour ago, Craig Barnes said:

He worked alongside Troy all her career and he was friends with Gaga, Troy took credit for a lot of the promo he helped and found for Gaga for example almost the entirety of the BTW era promo was done by Bobby not Troy because Troy did not actually believe wholely in BTW's. vision for sales and reputation reasons. Despite BTW being the fan favourite as her magnum opus and it's era is EASILY the biggest of her career in terms of promo.

Bobby became her full time manager in Late January/Early February 2014 and then proceeded to give us amazing promo that has gave her two successful albums and a promo schedule SHE is comfortable with. Because when she renegotiated her contract with Interscope one of her deal breakers was her having control over promoting when, where and how many times she wanted. She also got more control over her single choices and what events, awards and side projects she has involvement in.

Archived