Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Chart Discussion: Joanne / Million Reasons

Noah

Featured Posts

The Fame Joanne
2 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

Keeps the chart from getting stagnant with songs from the Chainsmokers 😂😆

Seriously though, helps keep the charts fresh and move along songs that have had their time in the spotlight, and encourages newer songs to make quicker progress up through the bottom half of the chart. Otherwise the bottom 50 would just be filled with old songs that still get decent airplay, etc. 

What would be the problem with that? I'd rather have charts that reflect the reality. What's the benefit of having fresh charts when the reality isn't fresh at all? :emma:

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nswain1110
6 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I believe it only applies if I song has been above 50 for 20 weeks or more and then falls. To make room for new songs, they make the older hits recurrent. 

I don't think it could happen to MR yet .

Oh wait, I think you're right about that. However, is the rule different if the song has had time in the top 10? 

Perhaps not since we see songs debut in the top 10, drop down the chart, then rise again...

In any respect, highly doubtful MR will drop below 50 anytime soon. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

junolxf
4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

And what's DIC supposed to be? A summery beach party video with Gaga dancing in front of bonfires? And now that really sounds like something Gaga would not do under any circumstance artistically. There's a reason why she never performed DiC even at the Dive Bar events, she doesn't know what to do with the song since half of it is an awkward spoken word piece and it's too slow for actual choreo. What variety is there to actually give? And it's ironic that you accuse A-YO performances out of all to be always the same, when Gaga has already given great variety in her performances already (Victoria's Secret: Full Choreo, Dive Bar: Playing actual instruments, SNL: just rocking out Freestyle)

Also it confuses me that you claim you don't buy this from Gaga and implied that "this is not Gaga at all" when you mentioned in the same sentence that Gaga is incredibly energetic and happy while performing it. I don't know about you, but I'm the happiest when I can just let loose and not pretend like I'm somebody else.

But we can reach a deal, they can just make DiC the single, I'll be enjoying my cuppa tea while y'all meltdown over the Gee Pee not reacting to the song, y'all getting disappointed by the video again because she visually went somewhere completely else than you wanted and this becoming the the commercial low point of Gaga's career. And if it actually becomes a hit, I'll just be happy that my fave proved me wrong and is powerful enough to make an awful song a hit single.

giphy.gif

Ok, cool, but DiC is not an awful song. Let's calm down. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

RochestrMonstr
2 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

Oh wait, I think you're right about that. However, is the rule different if the song has had time in the top 10? 

Perhaps not since we see songs debut in the top 10, drop down the chart, then rise again...

In any respect, highly doubtful MR will drop below 50 anytime soon. 

I don't think so, I think it has to be 20 weeks. They have changed the criteria before though.

Also if a hit falls below #25 after 52 weeks, they remove it too.

LittleMichael

Global Digital Artist Ranking on Kworb

# 111 Emma Watson

# 112 Lady Gaga

:ladyhaha:

1 minute ago, LittleMichael said:

# 111 Emma Watson

# 112 Lady Gaga

:gaycat:

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

nswain1110
6 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

I don't think so, I think it has to be 20 weeks. They have changed the criteria before though.

Also if a hit falls below #25 after 52 weeks, they remove it too.

Good to know - thanks! 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

alejandreaux
30 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

Pretty sure it's not been disclosed yet. The full Hot 100 gets released on Tuesday, today was just the Top 10 countdown and then they release some other interesting placements as a bonus. However Gary's not said anything about MR on Twitter (yet), so we might not know until tomorrow.

Regardless, as long as it doesn't drop below 50 we're safe. Radio will continue to help it rebound up the charts as long as we stay above 50 for the next couple of weeks. 

what's the point of them continuing to push this song so hard just for it to linger in the top 50 ugh. these radio updates are cute but I can't wait until we get the chance to move on from MR tbh :saladga:

4 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

what's the point of them continuing to push this song so hard just for it to linger in the top 50 ugh. these radio updates are cute but I can't wait until we get the chance to move on from MR tbh :saladga:

We have to wait at least one month 

Americano
13 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

what's the point of them continuing to push this song so hard just for it to linger in the top 50 ugh. these radio updates are cute but I can't wait until we get the chance to move on from MR tbh 

Because it could go Top 10 on Pop and US radio overall and even #1 on Adult Pop?

What other reason would a label keep a single? They're literally radio promotion. lol

1 minute ago, Monsterious said:

Gaga promoting Proximity link 

Omg isnt this a very big remix channel? 

Get the mainstream teenage GP Gagz :classy:

junolxf
4 minutes ago, ARTnFAME said:

Omg isnt this a very big remix channel? 

Get the mainstream teenage GP Gagz :classy:

Yes, 4.5M subscribers. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

GagaStan95
32 minutes ago, alejandreaux said:

The point is that the more the song gets big on the radio, the more has chances to win grammys over other smash hits. 

John Slayne
37 minutes ago, LittleMichael said:

# 111 Emma Watson

# 112 Lady Gaga

feminist ikons sticking together, Hey Girl ha impact :classy:

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived