other

Sia looks stunning @ Oscars After Party

VTV

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, davidnail said:

But that takes effort. Many people do not take the extra step. Her face is not ingrained into our collective consciousness like other stars. That is the point, not that you can never see her face.

But it is for some people, you forget she's been around for a long time and a lot of people know what she looks like. This is merely just a reinvention and probably a great marketing scheme. At the moment she's walking red carpets and attending shows but not wanting to be seen on them? It doesn't make much sense.

By doing this we're being engrained to see Sia and to always be aware of Sia but we aren't aloud to actually see Sia? If you don't want your face plastered everywhere especially now in a time where your image has the potential to be everywhere and to be seen by everyone then don't have an image? She can have an amazing musical career without walking red carpets and be photographed at events. She put that wig on to cover her face, walked the carpet and probably took it off in the party just like she normally does. So she's going "here I am, look at me, remember me and remember my image BUT please never recognise me". Such a juxtaposition of "I want to be seen but I don't want to be seen", this red carpet won't benefit her career so just skip it and go inside. The wig and face covering has become a marketing scheme whether it started out that way or not. She can have a great music career without walking carpets and constantly hiding her face

1 minute ago, JusticeforVenus said:

From the article:

"Jackson, whose last album flopped, launched into an emotional acceptance speech. "

We sgtill has hope gurls... Our Gagz has flopped like the King of Music, they are ART :giveup:

tumblr_nwbruwCw2z1qlw4o8o1_400.gif 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Just now, JusticeforVenus said:

sorryyyyy wrong topic... got confused

:ladyhaha: 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

nswain1110

She looks amazing! She kinda reminds me of Kylie Minogue in that pic. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

DemeLarell
52 minutes ago, princetomc said:

But it is for some people, you forget she's been around for a long time and a lot of people know what she looks like. This is merely just a reinvention and probably a great marketing scheme. At the moment she's walking red carpets and attending shows but not wanting to be seen on them? It doesn't make much sense.

By doing this we're being engrained to see Sia and to always be aware of Sia but we aren't aloud to actually see Sia? If you don't want your face plastered everywhere especially now in a time where your image has the potential to be everywhere and to be seen by everyone then don't have an image? She can have an amazing musical career without walking red carpets and be photographed at events. She put that wig on to cover her face, walked the carpet and probably took it off in the party just like she normally does. So she's going "here I am, look at me, remember me and remember my image BUT please never recognise me". Such a juxtaposition of "I want to be seen but I don't want to be seen", this red carpet won't benefit her career so just skip it and go inside. The wig and face covering has become a marketing scheme whether it started out that way or not. She can have a great music career without walking carpets and constantly hiding her face

Compared to how many people know her now, not that many people knew her before her surge to fame. Sad because it felt so exclusive being a fan of hers before. 

This could be a marketing strategy or it could be her personal preference, but I don't see the big deal with her making a personal choice to do this. I remember reading an article a looooong time ago about how Gaga knew how to control the GP and media with her avant garde fashions. When people focused on her fashion and music, it detracted their attention from her personal life. I'm not in Sia's head so idk, but this is my theory. And the wig also helps her turn on and off her fame. 

Archived