Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
music news

Teasers for Lorde's new single, out 3/3

Petrichor

Featured Posts

youandi

It confuses me when people are like 'meh she's ditched her sound, just gonna make dance music' because why should she have to do the same thing twice, it's so boring. I am 100% sure that she hasn't sold out, there might be some more upbeat dancy stuff on there and there'll no doubt be slower darker stuff too. I'm glad this album won't be as minimal sounding as the last, it was cool but the same thing again will be a little old 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Petrichor said:

Anything Lorde does is layered, complex, and allegorical, so I highly doubt the images depicted in the teaser are supposed to be taken at face value. At very least, it's probably a satirical depiction of the stereotypical pop star.

we'll see i guess :)

but I would not really call her stuff "complex" I'd reather use "clever". But that's different for everbody, haha

Petrichor
16 minutes ago, Juvi said:

we'll see i guess :)

but I would not really call her stuff "complex" I'd reather use "clever". But that's different for everbody, haha

Very true, I think I was being a little facetious when I said "complex." 

alextruper17
10 hours ago, Easy said:

MR is in danger.

When has it been safe? :poot:

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Jenniferella
1 hour ago, youandi said:

It confuses me when people are like 'meh she's ditched her sound, just gonna make dance music' because why should she have to do the same thing twice, it's so boring. I am 100% sure that she hasn't sold out, there might be some more upbeat dancy stuff on there and there'll no doubt be slower darker stuff too. I'm glad this album won't be as minimal sounding as the last, it was cool but the same thing again will be a little old 

Exactly ! The same thing happened to me with The xx and Lana Del Rey. Don't get me wrong, I love them both, but they insist on doing the same stuff all over again and it loses its touch album after album. What I loved with Lorde was the unique combination she had to offer, I would appreciate if I felt the same thing while avoiding the same formula.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Decodekid

honestly i hope she slays the charts. Im done with these generic ass, untalented, not original Dj's, in the Top Ten that don't deserve ****, is time for the divas to chart high once again :lolly:

Long Live Gretchen

Petrichor

UPDATE: Lorde has updated her Twitter profile with a new bio and DP. She also launched a website with a high definition version of the teaser:

Peopke have been investigating and have found some Easter eggs here and there. When you increased the contrast on her old header, the phrase 'THE GAME' is revealed:

However, she changed the banner again and now it's just plain black. People are speculating she's going to change it again to another secret phrase. Also, there is a hidden word on the website:

As to the album title, people are speculating based on the video on the website. Embedded below is a Twitter thread you can read with all of the potential theories (just click on it and it should let you keep reading):

Here's a list of the potential titles: 

I'm so hyped! I love viral campaigns like this! Thoughts?

Pharamon
4 hours ago, Decodekid said:

honestly i hope she slays the charts. Im done with these generic ass, untalented, not original Dj's, in the Top Ten that don't deserve ****, is time for the divas to chart high once again :lolly:

SPILL THE TEA SISTRUNNN

teenagechrist

Oh god she is getting all cryptic, Gaga's impact is real :golfclap:  

I am not a fan of her, but I am low-key hyped for what she is going to deliver. 

feeling so hot tamale

Archived