Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

MR Still 69 Cents? Interscope Desperate?

Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
9 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Some could argue even at that price, the song is worth more than many other songs pushed at full price.

And at that price, how cheap is the excuse for people to opt to download it for free?

Just something to think about, Mr. Economy from Canada. :classy:

Rephrase this part. What exactly do u mean? I think i know what u mean but im not certain

Just now, Economy said:

Rephrase this part. What exactly do u mean? I think i know what u mean but im not certain

People download music all the time. Every time someone downloads music made by Lady Gaga, that is loss of sales for her. And for someone to download songs discounted at .69 cents... is like the lowlifes who steal candy bars that are only a dollar. .69 cents is cheaper than a gallon of gas, a jug of milk, a Big Mac at McDonalds, soda drinks out of most vending machines.

So for those who opt to download her music... seems pretty pathetic when it's discounted, though same could be said of the usual download prices.  Piracy is, however, the elephant in the room that the music industry is attempting to cage with streaming services, discounted songs like "Million Reasons."

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Lemonade

People won't buy a song simply because it is discounted. They will buy a song if they like it. It's discounted because they need to give it exposure.

Economy
1 minute ago, Shadow said:

People download music all the time. Every time someone downloads music made by Lady Gaga, that is loss of sales for her. And for someone to download songs discounted at .69 cents... is like the lowlifes who steal candy bars that are only a dollar. .69 cents is cheaper than a gallon of gas, a jug of milk, a Big Mac at McDonalds, soda drinks out of most vending machines.

So for those who opt to download her music... seems pretty pathetic when it's discounted, though same could be said of the usual download prices.  Piracy is, however, the elephant in the room that the music industry is attempting to cage with streaming services, discounted songs like "Million Reasons."

Oh i see

well i dont buy singles myself anymore cuz streaming is so much more practicle :rip: 

Sales will one day die all together. Ppl need to accept that with technology things change

i do still buy physical copies of albums i like for my collection. But i havent bought digital singles in years. Streaming is better

Economy
Just now, Lemonade said:

People won't buy a song simply because it is discounted. They will buy a song if they like it. It's discounted because they need to give it exposure.

Yes but as ive already explained, it still raises sales

ppl who hate it wont buy it regardless and those who love it will buy it regardless

but those who somewhat like it may be more likely to buy it if on sale

go to a store. How many things have u ever bought on sale u wouldnt have at full price? Weve all done it

1 hour ago, Economy said:

But i never said it doesnt happen. Im into economic and investing and i know all about the corporate world. Trust me, u dont need to convince me that shady stuff happens

But im talking about specific examples... theres a difference between saying it happens in the industry and accusing a specific single

u can suspect payola if songs airplay doesnt match with other barometers but if theres no proof it shouldnt be told as fact

Was I accusing specific artists or singles in my post?

Economy
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Was I accusing specific artists or singles in my post?

No. But it is what i was talking about when u quoted me

Just now, Economy said:

No. But it is what i was talking about when u quoted me

But you quoted my original post telling me that there is "no proof" and that I needed evidence to back up my "claim", and then just agreed with me that it happens anyway. Think you need to read a little closer, maybe?

1 minute ago, Economy said:

Yes but as ive already explained, it still raises sales

ppl who hate it wont buy it regardless and those who love it will buy it regardless

but those who somewhat like it may be more likely to buy it if on sale

go to a store. How many things have u ever bought on sale u wouldnt have at full price? Weve all done it

There is a reason many stores have sales and sell certain items at a discounted price for a limited time. The prospect of saving money while buying goods and services has been in marketing for a long time. That is why coupons and rebates exist.

There are two types of customers in retail, selectionists and survivalists. Selectionists would follow the example you offer since they are hunting for a specific selection, willing to pay top dollar for it because they are past the question, "can I afford this," and are more like, "this product is my favorite, where can I find it?" And if they can't find it, they'll leave the store. No discounts or sales could move them to try another product similar in design or use.

However, survivalists usually only ask about the price, always thinking "can I afford this?" They are the reason there are dollar stores and discounted brands. Those are the bulk of the people buying "Million Reasons" at .69 cents, because unlike the selectionists, price is more important to them.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Uh a messy thread :classy:

MR will be discounted til it get's enough recognition from radio I guess, then after few weeks we are ready for DIC

𝕞𝕪 𝕓𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕞𝕖, 𝕡𝕠𝕡 𝕒 𝟡𝟙𝟙

Economy
15 minutes ago, Harry said:

But you quoted my original post telling me that there is "no proof" and that I needed evidence to back up my "claim", and then just agreed with me that it happens anyway. Think you need to read a little closer, maybe?

Perhaps so

Economy
2 minutes ago, ArtFame said:

Uh a messy thread :classy:

MR will be discounted til it get's enough recognition from radio I guess, then after few weeks we are ready for DIC

I think its between that and A-Yo

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived