❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

CTTR vs MR Fan Double Standards?

Economy

Featured Posts

Whispering
Just now, Economy said:

Im a big fan of both artists so yes i dont like it when one base puts down the other

As for re-assuring, yes Gaga is succeeding... but she still didnt have smash hit singles like many fans like to see, im sure many of those fans feel good to talk about any under-performance from Katy Perry

But in any case my main point stands. Fans are only looking at the aspects they wanna look at

MR sells well and flops in every other aspect, they ignore the other aspects

CTTR underperforms in sales and does well everywhere else, ppl only focus on the under-performed sales

Sounds like ppl are picking and choosing what data to deem important

No, she didn't have smash singles. Neither did Beyonce or dozens of other artists. Gaga is still respected and doing extremely well. 

I'm sure many fans here like to talk about Pop girls and how they are doing on the charts, saleswise, etc. It is perfectly natural for there to be discussion on a debut KP single.

MR is overachieving, for a second single that's been out for months. People here aren't ignoring anything, they are simply happy to see it finally getting some radio play, and seeing the response from the listening public to the song. 

CTTR is underperforming on sales because people that are hearing it on radio aren't being convinced immediately to purchase the song. It's an unusual position for a debut Sia written, Martin produced single from Katy, one that has monster radio spins. 

People here can easily understand the difference between these two songs, it is you here that doesn't seem to understand that people are observing these two songs as different....because they are different! One has all the advantages in the world, advantages that Gaga has not received since the song Born This Way. The other is a months old, second single, ballad that had been completely rejected by radio for months...despite the fact that sales showed that people liked the song when they heard it! 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
9 minutes ago, Whispering said:

No, she didn't have smash singles. Neither did Beyonce or dozens of other artists. Gaga is still respected and doing extremely well. 

I'm sure many fans here like to talk about Pop girls and how they are doing on the charts, saleswise, etc. It is perfectly natural for there to be discussion on a debut KP single.

MR is overachieving, for a second single that's been out for months. People here aren't ignoring anything, they are simply happy to see it finally getting some radio play, and seeing the response from the listening public to the song. 

CTTR is underperforming on sales because people that are hearing it on radio aren't being convinced immediately to purchase the song. It's an unusual position for a debut Sia written, Martin produced single from Katy, one that has monster radio spins. 

People here can easily understand the difference between these two songs, it is you here that doesn't seem to understand that people are observing these two songs as different....because they are different! One has all the advantages in the world, advantages that Gaga has not received since the song Born This Way. The other is a months old, second single, ballad that had been completely rejected by radio for months...despite the fact that sales showed that people liked the song when they heard it! 

Im aware of the advantage or disadvantages. I never questioned that part

As for sales again, Katys casual fan base doesnt strike me as the kind of demographic that buys singles anymore. That could be a big explanation too

I dont buy singles either cuz streaming to me is just so much more practicle!!!

Whispering
Just now, Economy said:

Im aware of the advantage or disadvantages. I never questioned that part

As for sales again, Katys casual fan base doesnt strike me as the kind of demographic that buys singles anymore. That could be a big explanation too

I dont buy singles either cuz streaming to me is just so much more practicle!!!

Katy's casual fan base is the same that made Roar go to number one and sit there for weeks. Maybe they just don't care much for this single, or have moved on to other pop artists. 

You are making excuses. This debut single is surprisingly underperforming right now, when considering all factors and expectations. It might pick up, it might not. If it doesn't, radio will kiss her ass on the second, third and fourth single. 

Just be happy your fave isn't Gaga, because hundreds of articles would be written by now about "what a flop" this song was. As usual, the media and music industry is kissing Katy's ass and giving her a pass. You should be grateful! (Instead of worrying about a couple of dozen people on a fanforum) 

1 hour ago, Gonzi said:

tbh this single launch seems a little sketchy to me. I don't think those streaming counts are accurate and they obviously have a big radio deal holding it up. Aren't popular radio/streaming songs supposed to have more sales potential? it's promo after all, CTTR should be doing better :green:

That's how I see it, too.  MR sales are doing well because people like it enough to pay for it.  CTTR spins are the opposite ... they are not paid for by fans, but by a radio deal.  It seems people like MR better than CTTR.  I may be wrong, time will tell.

I live outside the space time continuum.

24 minutes ago, Whispering said:

CTTR is underperforming on sales because people that are hearing it on radio aren't being convinced immediately to purchase the song.

Single sales are dead/dying. People that are hearing it on radio go and stream the song.

1 hour ago, Economy said:

Sorry for making a thread on this. Its not really necessairy but its kinda pissing me off

Everyone is calling MR a hit when the only thing its done well so far in is sales. Streaming and Radio for the moment remains tragic. Yes it may rise but for the moment nothing about those numbers suggests a hit

Yet CTTR is a little bit lower in sales but already significantly higher on radio and streaming and its only been out a week and a half

Fans here ONLY pay attention to what CTTR is underperforming on according to expectations (sales) while ignoring everything else and calling it a flop and ONLY paying attention to what MR has done well in so far (also sales)

And given the type of fan base Katy has (teenagers and young adults) while Gagas base is parhaps a bit more mature, that could easily explain sales vs streaming

Anyway my point is, is everyone that deluded??? Does everyone wanna pick their facts like Donald Trump and ignoring the rest of the relevant information? :duck: 

True that plus MR didn't get successful until Superbowl

The Fame Joanne
59 minutes ago, F AM E said:

You can't fake sales but you can payola :reductive:

Queen Rihanna and her Samsung Deal say hi :sis:

3 minutes ago, Ronk said:

That's how I see it, too.  MR sales are doing well because people like it enough to pay for it.  CTTR spins are the opposite ... they are not paid for by fans, but by a radio deal.  It seems people like MR better than CTTR.  I may be wrong, time will tell.

in all honesty does it really matter which song is liked more?  I mean the only thing that matters is wat you like.  I could really give a f.uck what songs Americans like

Just now, petedagrk said:

in all honesty does it really matter which song is liked more?  I mean the only thing that matters is wat you like.  I could really give a f.uck what songs Americans like

I agree.  It only matters what each person likes, not what anyone else likes.

Seashell Hooker

When people ask why I don't want Katy to succeed.... 

C4TIzV4WAAAurpE.jpg

C4SlIDXWEAARfCx.jpgC4SlIDZW8AAEjGI.jpg

Aphrodite Lady ~ Seashell Bikini

3 minutes ago, Seashell Hooker said:

When people ask why I don't want Katy to succeed.... 

C4TIzV4WAAAurpE.jpg

C4SlIDXWEAARfCx.jpgC4SlIDZW8AAEjGI.jpg

I don't think that's a big deal.  People are allowed to wear pink and identical shirts.  If Katy ripped off one of Gaga's songs, that would be a different story.

Seashell Hooker
5 minutes ago, Ronk said:

I don't think that's a big deal.  People are allowed to wear pink and identical shirts.  If Katy ripped off one of Gaga's songs, that would be a different story.

She kind of did though. Gaga's statement about the meaning behind Perfect Illusion was how we filter our lives on Instagram. Katy's CTTR is about living in bubbles and distortions......

I'm just saying, she can't think for herself. She entire career is based off of other peoples work. 

Aphrodite Lady ~ Seashell Bikini

Archived