Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor working with Max Martin and Shellback again

Spock

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

It'll be some time before we actually hear anything if she has worked with them as Taylor has confirmed that the SB pre-show was her first and last performance of 2017. But that doesn't mean that she can't start laying the groundwork early. Plenty of artists start working on their albums 2 years in advance, sometimes longer. Look at Xtina. But if this is indeed the way she's planning, I think it's a bad idea. 3 consecutive albums of the same producers is when people start to say that you're playing it too safe, that you're being reductive, to coin the current term. Even someone as praised as Taylor may start getting some criticism for relaying too much on tried and true formulas if she takes this route for yet another album. I honestly don't know why critics call her so amazing. She never takes risks and stays right in her comfort zone. Going pop was hardly a risk, plus, her music was steadily getting more pop with every album anyway, it's not like she did a 360.

2016 was a bad year for her. The final 2 singles from 1989 flopped, she broke up with Calvin, she was mocked mercilessly for having a perceieved showmance with Tom, Kanye and Kim gave her the biggest scandal of her career (and made the word 'snake' synoymous with her), the video for I Don't Wanna Live Forever was deemed boring. The only good thing that happened to her that year was the fact that she won the AOTY Grammy and even that was bittersweet because so many people said that Kendrick had been robbed. Basically, she ended the era with some flops, disappointment and controversy. She clearly wants to take some time out to ensure that all that stuff completely blows over. But this could be a bad decision if she comes back with the same old style. The longest she's ever made us wait for an album and she just gives us a 1989 rip-off? It might not go down well. I mean, Bruno Mars is getting a lot of flak right now for coming back with an album of the same old stuff. Who's to say that Martin/Shellback will even be considered cool in a year or two? Never work with current producers if you're going to take a lot of time to work on your album. Because by the time it gets released, they could be considered old hat.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gonzi said:

what's so exciting about taylor working with the same producers over and over again   girl could take a risk or two. 

She's already switched from country to pop, does she need to take a risk changing genre every single era?

Well, she won't and that's why she's the only one who, at her sixth album, has never flopped :staymad:

Pharamon
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

Hope its released in 2042. I need some space.

Blaaank space baby and I'll write your name :classy: 

2 minutes ago, Slayonce said:

She's already switched from country to pop, does she need to take a risk changing genre every single era?

Well, she won't and that's why she's the only one who, at her sixth album, has never flopped :staymad:

I'm not referring to genre change, rather experiment with other producers to create different sounds. :green:

I know it would be a basic move, but part of me is so interested to know what kind of song Gaga would make with them 

Mister Gaga

Red, 1898 and now TS6, all of them with Max Martin. Everyday she's becoming more and more like Katy Perry, her biggest enemy. Playing safely just to get dat #1.

But Taylor would never release a song as CTTR, which has some kind of controversy and meaning behind it, she's even more basic.

Karma is real, i guess.

50 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

I'm not referring to genre change, rather experiment with other producers to create different sounds. :green:

She can work with the same team she feels comfortable with yet create different sounds.

Max Martin is the same person who produced  "Baby one more time", "that's the way it is" by Celine, "so what" by P!nk and I could name songs he produced with different sounds for like eternity.

He's able to create different sounds without overusing the same beats. He ain't no Redone :reductive:

Can she please release it this year, call it something that begins with a Jo, and then think she won when in fact she loses the Grammy to Joanne 

9 hours ago, Maleficent said:

Can she please release it this year, call it something that begins with a Jo, and then think she won when in fact she loses the Grammy to Joanne 

Wow which Grammy? I don't think Taylor would mind given how she already has 2 AOTY in her bag. :huh:

Smarticle

Don't act like yall won't be bopping to her snake tunes though :classy:

Justice for Grigio Girls!!!

Archived