💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

LGBT lyrics removed from Lady Gaga song

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Supersonic

Reminds me of when male artists cover love songs written by women and they change the pronouns to not seem gay. :deadbanana:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
2 hours ago, UK Monster said:

it wasn't really taken out. I think it was more a case of lets just do a boyband slow version of a song and make it our own but stop complaining it keeps born this way relevant.

Probably was a matter of shortnening it

honestly if they were anti-gay would they even have chosen this song at all?

I sing in the Orlando Gay Chorus and we bought s choral arrangement of Born This Way that had those parts omitted. We added them back in. Silly

1 hour ago, Greg said:

I doubt it was the BBC that decided to cut it out. Gaga has sang BTW more than once on the BBC, and she never censored the lyrics. It was probably just the decision of the producers to make sure they fit in the time slot, even though it was tragic anyway :toofunny: 

Contestants barely have a say in what they are going to sing and wear in these singing shows. I don't know much about this particular show, but usually there's a whole team from the tv station behind everything. 

Also, I imagine Gaga having the last word when deciding what and how to perform - she brought them a lot of views after all (especially during the BTW era when she was the pop act of the world). 

DeleteMyAccount

1. The song was probably shortened due to it being a reality show. That always happens with performances. 2. I don't think they even sang the bridge? 3. Glee did a similar thing. When they performed BTW they cut out the LGBTQ part. Idk why and that'll always haunt me about the show. 

But I don't think this should be blown up to the heavens.

36 minutes ago, Economy said:

Probably was a matter of shortnening it

honestly if they were anti-gay would they even have chosen this song at all?

ooh there ain't no other way baby I was born this way. Is enough to say be proud of who you are the message is still there.

The Child
2 hours ago, Psychic Guru said:

They did the same thing back in 2011 in Glee :grr: what's the point of singing this song without the bridge???

Did they? :udidnt:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

SlaeUrAnus

They BUTCHERED it :wtf: 

The bridge is the main part of the song so I do question why they removed it :huh: 

In my messy era.

Psychic Guru
9 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Did they? :udidnt:

They cut the "no matter gay..." part on the episode. 

PartySick

Isn't it pretty common for people to cut out the bridge of songs when they perform them like this? Not that I don't think there's some kind of issue here. I remember the UK censored an episode of Steven Universe for implying that the main characters were lesbians...which they are so :sweat:

Regardless, they average singers but sound terrible together. Like, tone deaf, as if they're just yelling/grunting the song :awkney: but that's just my criticism for the band. I hope there wasn't an agenda behind them cutting out the bridge. I doubt there was since BTW is a very well known pro-LGBT song :nick:

💚

The Child
9 minutes ago, Psychic Guru said:

They cut the "no matter gay..." part on the episode. 

Yeah just checked that on YouTube and that's weird cause in the album version this part is there but on the episode version.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Ferrer Zorola

Why doesn't the BBC censor their own name? I hope they know what BBC stands for in the ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ community 🙄🙄🙄

LIFE IS GOOD

Archived