πŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA πŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Game of Thrones

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

@Rito, i was spoiled before i got there and was still devastated. We will definatly see the way the characters are treated this season carefully manipulated to give this as much impact as possible. I was thinking it would come in as a big EP 9 like Neds death or the battle, but since its a split season, i think a really cold closing with no sound other than "the rains of castamere" and it all play out would be pretty haunting

Dont want to judge the casting too much before i see it play out on screen. They havnt failed to provide excellent characters up to this point, so i have faith that they will be done justice

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lion Heart

• Rito

• Alijandro

• Roma

I was spoiled too, well not too much.

I knew who was going to die and the general location of where they would die, but no other details. I can't imagine going into it with knowing nothing.. I would be too shocked to move on for a few days probably. hah.

The very end of the chapter killed me. :cry:

I heard George is writing episode 7, if that's true then maybe it will happen then? He's usually involved in the writing of the big event episodes. Then again, as you said.. it would make an amazing season finale.

Either way, that is going to make for some really killer TV!

Edited by Rito

Lion Heart

I heard George is writing episode 7, if that's true then maybe it will happen then? He's usually involved in the writing of the big event episodes. Then again, as you said.. it would make an amazing season finale.

Either way, that is going to make for some really killer TV!

I read about this too. The episode will be called Autumn Storms hmm...

β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€β–„β–€

Lion Heart

According to GoldDerby, the odds of GoT winning Best Drama at the Emmy Awards are 50/1. :cry:

According to Gold Derby polling, HBO's two nominated dramas "Boardwalk Empire" and "Game of Thrones" are currently tied for last place with odds of only 50 to 1. Adding insult to injury, 12 of our 13 Experts and eight of our nine Editors have these series in their final two slots. The lone holdouts are HuffPo TV's Mo Ryan, who has "Boardwalk Empire" in third place, and Editor David Schnelwar, who has "Homeland" in his last position.

In 2004, HBO made history by becoming the first pay-cable network to win Best Drama Series with the mob drama "The Sopranos." The show's final season in 2007 claimed another trophy for the network, bringing its tally to two. Since then, basic cable network AMC matched HBO's two wins and doubled them thanks to four-time reigning champ "Mad Men."

In the past decade, a half-dozen other HBO dramas have been nominated in this category -- "Six Feet Under" (2002, 2003, 2005); "Deadwood" (2005); "Big Love" (2009); "True Blood" (2010); "Boardwalk Empire" (2011, 2012); and "Game of Thrones" (2011, 2012) -- but none so far have been able to match the glory of "The Sopranos" and give HBO another much-wanted win. This year should be no exception.

Gold Derby's Experts, Editors and Users believe that "Mad Men" will take home its record-breaking fifth Best Drama Series trophy, with overall odds of 2/1. In second place is fellow AMC series "Breaking Bad" (13/5 odds), followed by PBS's "Downton Abbey" in third (4/1 odds) and Showtime's "Homeland" (13/2 odds) in fourth.

Storm of Swords:

Arstan Whitebeard = Selmy Barristan. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. Never expected that, wow.

I totally called it on Jorah being the informer while watching season 1 for the first time though! Hah.

According to GoldDerby, the odds of GoT winning Best Drama at the Emmy Awards are 50/1. :cry:

Ew, that sucks. :\

Lion Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLackFf0Zjw

lol

• 2 weeks later...

so i figured the first official set photo is enough to bump this thread back from obscurity!

Game-of-Thrones-Season-3.jpg

most guesses seem to pin this to Jon, however it has been tagged as been connected with a conflict with two of this seasons main protagonists which doesn't seem to meet the fit.

Lion Heart

^ Some people were saying that it's from the Jaime/ Brienne story line.

Ambrosia

I seriously need to start reading the books! I just found the show a few months ago and got caught up with the program thanks to streaming. Great excuse to go get a Nook finally! :P

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Lion Heart

Just finished Dance with Dragons and OMFG need dat sixth book

Same here, but ADWD was pretty underwhelming in my opinion.

I seriously need to start reading the books! I just found the show a few months ago and got caught up with the program thanks to streaming. Great excuse to go get a Nook finally! :P

Awesome! Who's your favorite character so far?

I STILL havnt gotten back to ADWD, probably wont for a while, maybe when i get super bored during the summer i might :toofloppy:

season 3 is slowly creeping forwards, i wonder how they will fare in the emmys tomorrow

Lion Heart

I don't think they'll win anything sadly, although they did win 6 trophies at the Creative Arts Emmys about a week ago. The awards included: outstanding makeup (non-prosthetic), outstanding costumes, outstanding art direction, outstanding visual effects, outstanding sound editing and outstanding sound mixing. GoT also won 4 Portal Awards, so that's pretty cool. http://airlockalpha.com/node/9361/game-of-thrones-conquers-with-4-portal-awards.html

Yeah i saw that, all very well deserved. At least they were getting some nods (as it probably is one of the best produced shows technically)

Was Peter Dinklage nominated again?

Ambrosia

Awesome! Who's your favorite character so far?

Keep in mind I only have the TV version to go on for now. :) However, I love Tyrion Lannister, Lady Catlett, her daughter, Ariya, and John Snow. I kind of wish they didn't kill off the king so early... he was comedic relief. Seems like his character was heavily influenced from Henry the VIII.

I also like Jamie Lannister, even though he's a complete villain... he's a cool villain.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

• Lion Heart locked this topic