Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
life

Skolnick Defends MetalliGa Collaboration

Curio5

Featured Posts

testament-007.jpg

Alex Skolnick a guitarist from the group TESTAMENT says Grammy collaboration absolutely makes sense and offered suggestions on how to appease those hard core metal fans.

"[It was a] great idea in theory. Would have/should have gone down in history as a home run for the ages. Unfortunately to be forever overshadowed by mic problems (can't fault anyone performing) and failed intro (please make sure all presenters do a quick run-through before going on)."

"A) What other mainstream pop superstar would even dare get up there with METALLICA (or any other metal band)?

B) Who else could pull off performing with Tony Bennett one moment and METALLICA the next, with equal love and appreciation for both?

C) Sure, it was maybe a bit over-the-top for those more interested in METALLICA than her. But then again, she is Gaga, after all (over the top is her middle name, or at least should be).

D) Yes, she does lot of theatrics, but she's also someone that can kill with just her voice and a piano (which I hope she'll do more of one day).

E) Given her and Lars's [Ulrich, METALLICA drummer] interest in art and doing the unexpected in music, it absolutely makes sense they'd collaborate.

F) Bottom line, did she sound good on the tune if you turn away from the imagery and just listen? Heck yes! Great song choice, too."

"Why was there a freakin' Zumba class going on up there? Whose idea was that? Get real fans up there rocking out for effect (as METALLICA does at some shows), but a bunch of obvious pop dancers/models in metal-like wardrobe gave it a very 'Hot Topic' vibe."

READ MORE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rebel Heart

Idk ha but slay at the continued support from the metal community

3b1c696748602243b2d05b5608a78384.gif

Hey Girl is the best song of Gaga's career #Justice4HeyGirl

DeanWinchester

Proof that Gaga's talent and artistry knows no bounds. Somebody post this in ATRL

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

SpookyKid

:golfclap:

I hope we see Gaga doing more performances like this

Even an album :giggle:

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

PI Floppedt
30 minutes ago, Curio5 said:

"Why was there a freakin' Zumba class going on up there? Whose idea was that? Get real fans up there rocking out for effect (as METALLICA does at some shows), but a bunch of obvious pop dancers/models in metal-like wardrobe gave it a very 'Hot Topic' vibe."

OMG I'm glad there are people out there who feel the same way too  :emma:

Also, can we talk about her crowd surfing glo up. It went from her attempt during the dive bar:

yhs23gb.gif

To the Grammy's:

ojj4vljazhtcgjbsae7plx00mrtn5zhj2pagda8a

I don't actually hate PI

Katie14
21 minutes ago, tomsches said:

I agree 100% but I also agree that the dancers were cringey 

I agree but some people are getting way too hung up on them and Gaga's dancing. I barely even noticed the background dancers besides the very beginning of the song and Gaga was expressing her excitement through her body. I though her energy was infectious and entertaining to watch. Her moves are intense and over the top but that's what makes her interesting. 

crisTEAne
44 minutes ago, Curio5 said:

(which I hope she'll do more of one day)

she has always done that. she even released a jazz album. what else do you want? she's not a one-dimensional performer. there will always be more to her performances than just her voice.

47 minutes ago, Curio5 said:

if you turn away from the imagery

why would you do that? :smh: 

47 minutes ago, Curio5 said:

here we go with the elitist attitude. move the fünk on. the modernist episteme is no longer in, man. :neyde: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

47 minutes ago, Rebel Heart said:

Idk ha but slay at the continued support from the metal community

I wonder briefly what Luc Carl might think

and then realize that I don't care

Archived