question

Could John Wayne become a hit?

Chic

Featured Posts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything is possible, but probably not.

We got a cool video though for one of my favourite songs on Joanne though so I'm happy :giveup:

AlexanderMagno
22 minutes ago, 282739 said:

I'll forgive you for mentioning the ICONIC Come to Mama... honestly should have performed first verse acoustic on the roof instead of God Bless America. :hor:

Don't worry, "Come to Mama" as a single is Joanne's next step :hor: she killed the messy Gaga, got her groove back and is ready to move on. It just makes sense, "Come to Mama" is a cheerful, "peace and love" anthem, well produced indiefolk song. She didn't sing it because it was too early. She had to get herself together first (and she did it with John Wayne).

Sorry for such a long off-topic :sweat: I stan for Come to Mama. Anyway, still think John Wayne is a messy hit, so can't see it becoming a hit at all.

44 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Listen to Top 40 radio and you will see there is no shot of John Wayne becoming a hit, it is to different

Bad Romance says hi.

Andres Miller

Gaga Daily: "THIS IS GOING TO BE A SMASH"

Reality: Didn't smash.

Everyone is saying it won't be a smash this time, so lets wait and see what happens.

Reality

Honestly, I don't think we can predict whether or not it'll become a hit—I mean, all of us thought that MR would be a great hit, but it's not doing so well. And that's not to say that it's bad, it's certainly not, but it's not like it's one of the biggest songs right now.

I think it has potential, whether or not it will reach that potential is I guess up to the GP and radio. That being said, with the spectacular video we got, that's definitely going to help it's chances. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

xoxo cupcakke

It has a chance, but like someone said, it hasn't even been confirmed as a single, unless Admin wants to prove us wrong :gaycat:

Muscletank

I think like anything these days SADLY, it relies on radio and ****ing streaming. the SB shows that when given exposure to Gagas songs, the public WILL buy. The problem is unless you go looking for John Wayne or hear it somehow, it's unlikley to get that exposure. The grammys will be a great opportunity to give the track a heads up. Will see what happens after that.

Chromatigaga29
2 hours ago, Gaga Monster said:

Listen to Top 40 radio and you will see there is no shot of John Wayne becoming a hit, it is to different

remember how different Just Dance was?

:trollga:

Where is it Candy?

Smother Em Eh

I think it has the potential to be one. It's meaningful, catchy, it has a unique tune to it. It also doesn't sound like anything on the radio which I like. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived